When is your favorite time to work out?

I'm not asking what time is better...I'm asking for your personal preferences. I like to run in the morning and dance & strength training at night so that I begin and end the day right. :)

Replies

• NewBetterBest18
    NewBetterBest18 Posts: 165 Member
    I prefer to do my zumba classes in the late morning since I work the 4-mid shift. That gives me enough sleep and energy to get through the rigorous classes. Love them!
  • barryplumber
    barryplumber Posts: 401 Member
    I like mornings myself.
  • ijsantos2005
    ijsantos2005 Posts: 306 Member
    I like to lift around 11 am, a little while after a hearty breakfast. Then I eat lunch around 1 pm.
  • Rose18l
    Rose18l Posts: 147 Member
    I like to go between 9pm and 10pm after everything for the day is done. As a bonus much less people o:)
  • Johncalvinfields
    Johncalvinfields Posts: 179 Member
    pm2218soqcat.jpeg
    Every morning 5 am
  • AprilRN10
    AprilRN10 Posts: 548 Member
    I work 6:30pm to 7am. I only work out on my nights off, which is 3 days one week, and 4 days the opposite week. For me, it's at the end of the day, which ends up being between 4am and 6am. I am not going to wake up and immediately go work out. I just don't have it in me!
  • Mandygring
    Mandygring Posts: 704 Member
    You guys are awesome though. 4 and 5 am workouts would be hard for me.
  • jjpptt2
    jjpptt2 Posts: 5,650 Member
  • JillianRumrill
    JillianRumrill Posts: 335 Member
    I like to exercise after work. It feels good to put my stress into action and just let it out. Plus it feels like I have all the time in the world for ME. I HATE feeling rushed.
  • mrw0915
    mrw0915 Posts: 40 Member
    I am one of those insane ones that loves the very early morning hours, so I am usually up at 3am and doing my thing for a few hours before starting my workday at 7am. It's a grind, but I prefer it over any other time because all is quiet, all the equipment is usually free and because it is my "me time" it helps with focus/concetration and general stress release. It basically sets the table for the rest of my day quite well.
  • BeccaLoves2lift
    BeccaLoves2lift Posts: 375 Member
    Usually I lift around 8-9. I like to walk or do other cardio late morning.
  • slimyslimgym
    slimyslimgym Posts: 16 Member
    I don't mind going any time past 9am but usually go at after 8pm when I get off work. I am not a morning person so going before work is impossible. After work helps me relax and leave all the stress of work behind me. I also love being able to take a shower by myself (my kid always insists on showering with me).
  • mjwarbeck
    mjwarbeck Posts: 699 Member
    For the first 45 years of my life I was a night owl. More than happy to be awake at 2am. Mornings were my sworn enemy. I used to go to the gym 9pm after I put kids to sleep.

About 6 mi the ago, i found that with this routine I wasn't seeing the kids enough, I had trouble sleeping as I was wound up from the gym....so I forced myself to be a morning gym rat...and now love it.

Up at 5 and on the gym floor by 530. 30 or so minutes on weights (sort of 5x5 program) and then cardio for 20-30 minutes. Home prior to 7 and plenty of time to make kids breakfast and lunch and get them to school and me to work stress free (almost).

I will say that my strength is not fully there in the morning...weight dropped between 5 and 10 percent...but not really a big deal.

Bonus is that gym is more or less empty and there are not the teens/university kids grunting as the lift with bad form (I know that isn't every one...just this lot), or preening around.

• hyIianprincess
    hyIianprincess Posts: 302 Member
    Right when I wake up. I eat a small meal and then go. It's when I have the most energy. If I wait, it won't get done.
  • Mandygring
    A freed up gym does sound like a perk esp right after New Years.
  • sgt1372
    sgt1372 Posts: 3,997 Member
    I'm retired and live alone so my schedule is very flexible.

I do most of my workouts at home. Mostly lifting & rowing usually in the evening 3-5 days/wk.

I also go on 1-3 hr/2-8 mile hikes 2-3 days/wk from around 10-1.

I only go to the gym to use the StairMaster, treadmill & steam room/sauna usually around 12-2 when it's less busy 1-2x/wk.

• This content has been removed.
  • Mandygring
    SurfyPants wrote: »
    For the past 3 months it has been when I can find time..but I make the time so sometimes it's before work, during my lunch break or after work.

I'm glad you make time...thats what's important
  • Runningheart76
    Runningheart76 Posts: 3 Member
    I like to go before work, like 930, gym isn't packed.
  • NovaSur
    NovaSur Posts: 44 Member
    7:15 am. After i get off work. (10 pm-6:45 am). Easy to get it done since i am already out and about then i can be in bed by 9 am..
  • TimothyFish
    TimothyFish Posts: 4,925 Member
    I enjoy riding a bicycle at night, especially in the light of a full moon. But it is more dangerous, so I don't do it much.
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,508 Member
    I enjoy riding a bicycle at night, especially in the light of a full moon. But it is more dangerous, so I don't do it much.

you know what? I think riding at night is actually safer then during the day.

that is, if you know your route and it's already relatively safe.

I have a 30 mile loop on well maintained roads and I know every crack in the pavement.

at night, I can light myself (or my bike) up like a Christmas tree and I am far more visible to motorists than if I'm blending in with the scenery during the day.

the biggest danger while cycling, day or night, are the *kitten* texting when they should have their eyes on the road.
  • 796fra
    796fra Posts: 46 Member
    Gym at 530am. Hiking at 430pm. Per work schedule dictates.
  • lulalacroix
    lulalacroix Posts: 1,082 Member
    I like to run at night because it's cooler out and there's less people.
  • Manz78
    Manz78 Posts: 2 Member
    I have started working out between 3.30-5am as my days are so busy between work, kids and everything else that us Mums have to juggle!!!
  • tlpina82
    tlpina82 Posts: 229 Member
    Early Morning is the best time for me. Afternoon is always a problem for me because i lose control of my schedule.

I leave the house at 4:30 and run to the gym for about 1 hour.
    Then do weights and HIIT until about 7:45am.
    Then shower and work.
  • Tacklewasher
    Tacklewasher Posts: 7,122 Member
    Y opens at 5:30 am and I'm one of about a dozen people waiting for the doors to open. Then back home, shower and off to work for 7. I love living in a small city with short commutes.
  • manicrose84
    manicrose84 Posts: 4 Member
    I prefer to workout in the morning. Get it out of the way and then have the rest of the day to do other things. Also my gym is either very quiet in the morning or it is an older crowd. If I go in the evening it’s really busy and tends to be a very young crowd (and I feel a bit out of place!).
  • KailaLaFlor
    KailaLaFlor Posts: 20 Member
    I like the 'mood' of working out at night.