When is your favorite time to work out?

I'm not asking what time is better...I'm asking for your personal preferences. I like to run in the morning and dance & strength training at night so that I begin and end the day right. :)

Replies

• NewBetterBest18
    NewBetterBest18 Posts: 165 Member
    I prefer to do my zumba classes in the late morning since I work the 4-mid shift. That gives me enough sleep and energy to get through the rigorous classes. Love them!
  • barryplumber
    barryplumber Posts: 401 Member
    I like mornings myself.
  • ijsantos2005
    ijsantos2005 Posts: 306 Member
    I like to lift around 11 am, a little while after a hearty breakfast. Then I eat lunch around 1 pm.
  • Rose18l
    Rose18l Posts: 147 Member
    I like to go between 9pm and 10pm after everything for the day is done. As a bonus much less people o:)
  • Johncalvinfields
    Johncalvinfields Posts: 179 Member
    pm2218soqcat.jpeg
    Every morning 5 am
  • AprilRN10
    AprilRN10 Posts: 548 Member
    I work 6:30pm to 7am. I only work out on my nights off, which is 3 days one week, and 4 days the opposite week. For me, it's at the end of the day, which ends up being between 4am and 6am. I am not going to wake up and immediately go work out. I just don't have it in me!
  • Mandygring
    Mandygring Posts: 704 Member
    You guys are awesome though. 4 and 5 am workouts would be hard for me.
  • jjpptt2
    jjpptt2 Posts: 5,650 Member
  • JillianRumrill
    JillianRumrill Posts: 335 Member
    I like to exercise after work. It feels good to put my stress into action and just let it out. Plus it feels like I have all the time in the world for ME. I HATE feeling rushed.
  • mrw0915
    mrw0915 Posts: 40 Member
    I am one of those insane ones that loves the very early morning hours, so I am usually up at 3am and doing my thing for a few hours before starting my workday at 7am. It's a grind, but I prefer it over any other time because all is quiet, all the equipment is usually free and because it is my "me time" it helps with focus/concetration and general stress release. It basically sets the table for the rest of my day quite well.
  • BeccaLoves2lift
    BeccaLoves2lift Posts: 375 Member
    Usually I lift around 8-9. I like to walk or do other cardio late morning.
  • slimyslimgym
    slimyslimgym Posts: 16 Member
    I don't mind going any time past 9am but usually go at after 8pm when I get off work. I am not a morning person so going before work is impossible. After work helps me relax and leave all the stress of work behind me. I also love being able to take a shower by myself (my kid always insists on showering with me).
  • mjwarbeck
    mjwarbeck Posts: 699 Member
    For the first 45 years of my life I was a night owl. More than happy to be awake at 2am. Mornings were my sworn enemy. I used to go to the gym 9pm after I put kids to sleep.

About 6 mi the ago, i found that with this routine I wasn't seeing the kids enough, I had trouble sleeping as I was wound up from the gym....so I forced myself to be a morning gym rat...and now love it.

Up at 5 and on the gym floor by 530. 30 or so minutes on weights (sort of 5x5 program) and then cardio for 20-30 minutes. Home prior to 7 and plenty of time to make kids breakfast and lunch and get them to school and me to work stress free (almost).

I will say that my strength is not fully there in the morning...weight dropped between 5 and 10 percent...but not really a big deal.

Bonus is that gym is more or less empty and there are not the teens/university kids grunting as the lift with bad form (I know that isn't every one...just this lot), or preening around.

• hyIianprincess
    hyIianprincess Posts: 302 Member
    Right when I wake up. I eat a small meal and then go. It's when I have the most energy. If I wait, it won't get done.
  • Mandygring
    A freed up gym does sound like a perk esp right after New Years.
  • sgt1372
    sgt1372 Posts: 3,977 Member
    I'm retired and live alone so my schedule is very flexible.

I do most of my workouts at home. Mostly lifting & rowing usually in the evening 3-5 days/wk.

I also go on 1-3 hr/2-8 mile hikes 2-3 days/wk from around 10-1.

I only go to the gym to use the StairMaster, treadmill & steam room/sauna usually around 12-2 when it's less busy 1-2x/wk.

• Mandygring
    SurfyPants wrote: »
    For the past 3 months it has been when I can find time..but I make the time so sometimes it's before work, during my lunch break or after work.

I'm glad you make time...thats what's important
  • Runningheart76
    Runningheart76 Posts: 3 Member
    I like to go before work, like 930, gym isn't packed.