What foods do you hate but you wish you didn't?

Options

Replies

• Mouse_Potato
    Mouse_Potato Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    Cauliflower and mushrooms because they seem to be the go-to for making every recipe healthier and/or lower calorie. With mushrooms it's a texture thing, but I despise the flavor of cauliflower with every fiber of my being.
  • TrishSeren
    TrishSeren Posts: 587 Member
    Options
    apullum wrote: »
    I wish I liked mushrooms because I'm vegetarian and sometimes the only meatless option at an event or restaurant is mushrooms. I just can't handle their squishy consistency.

Same here. I can't even touch them, those gills on the underside make me shudder.

My workmate is also vegetarian and doesn't like mushrooms. Luckily as we work in events we always make sure the vegetarian option isn't a stuffed mushroom or mushroom-based food!
  • TrishSeren
    Options
    bametels wrote: »
    Coriander....tastes like soap

Me too, it's genetic!

Wish I liked avocados and bananas. My family love them both but I find them equally disgusting!

Yes! I also don't like avos or bananas, it's a texture thing!
  • TrishSeren
    Options
    Avocado and yogurt. They seem like great quick foods to get some fats and proteins but I just can't. I don't loathe avocado, it's just kind of "meh" for me, and yogurt... I just can't do it. I gag every time.

SAME, yoghurt looks delicious and smells delicious but as soon as it's in my mouth I'm like noooo get out!
  • emilyofmysfamcottage
    Options
    Raw red tomato, but love salsa, pasta sauce, etc. Love green tomatoes, though....Weird, right?
    Cilantro--tastes like soap to me
  • missbossypants
    missbossypants Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Pink-fleshed fish like trout and salmon (though I love other types of fish!) and cucumbers.
  • kidrauhldrew
    kidrauhldrew Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Melons and ginger D:
  • twinkles4
    twinkles4 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Whole wheat grains. (Bread, rice, pasta, etc)
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    lemurcat12 wrote: »

It's often done poorly, but Indian preparations turned me around. Also baba ganoush, and I don't really mind a lasagna with eggplant. Also, I tend to enjoy Japanese eggplants, I think they cook better. That I can enjoy just sauteed more easily.

I forgot about baba ganoush. I actually do like that. Maybe there's hope! Japanese eggplants, are those the tiny round ones? I've seen them at the market.

They are longer and skinny (often smaller in general). I think the texture is better.
  • corinasue1143
    corinasue1143 Posts: 7,467 Member
    Options
    Olives. Don't really want to love them. Just see food that looks good--until I see the olives.
  • Moxie42
    Moxie42 Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    I wish I liked eggs because that's what my mother-in-law cooks anytime we're at her house around breakfast (yes, she knows I hate eggs but that's what she eats and I want to be polite). Plus my favorite breakfast place has so many amazing meals with sides that I love but they all come with eggs. I ask for a fruit cup instead so it works out but I do have to pay extra for the substitution. I also wish I liked mustard because SO many times they have sandwiches at work or at friends' parties, and they are amazing until I get a bite with mustard in it.
  • stephanieluvspb
    stephanieluvspb Posts: 997 Member
    Options
    Spicy food. Why do I wish I didn't? So many restaurants have a lot of spicy options. Its hard to order wings because the sauce is always spicy. The worst thing is ordering something and finding out after tasting it that its too spicy. Besides that, I will eat almost anything! Lol
  • TrishSeren
    Options
    Olives. Don't really want to love them. Just see food that looks good--until I see the olives.

Yes, I also don't like olives. Every now and again i try them to see if I still dislike them.
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    Hot spices. They literally burn my mouth so it hurts and I can't taste anything. My sister has the same reaction!
  • Evamutt
    Evamutt Posts: 2,315 Member
    Options
    OP, you listed all the things I eat & like almost daily lol
  • gradchica27
    gradchica27 Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    Greek yogurt...::shudder::
    Also, mayo, sour cream, cream cheese...all ick. Completely unpalatable.

I’m vegetarian, so anything else that restricts my choices when out is unfortunate.
  • DanniB423
    DanniB423 Posts: 776 Member
    Options
    1. Canned tuna. I am a seafood lover. I’ll basically eat any seafood except the most simple one. Seems so easy and on the go convenient. I just can’t. Always makes me think of cat food.
    2. Oatmeal. My friends claim it keeps you full for a long time. The maple brown sugar one smells amazing. The texture makes me think of vomit. Can’t do it.
  • apullum
    apullum Posts: 4,838 Member
    Options
    onematch wrote: »
    Tofu. Texture is nasty.

Freezing tofu changes the texture in a way that some people think is "meatier." There is also silken tofu, which is very soft and can be pureed to make smoothies, puddings, even things like eggless quiche. It's not really meant to be used for things like stir-fries. If you don't like the standard water-packed tofu texture, you might like one of those options.
  • grinning_chick
    grinning_chick Posts: 765 Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    Cilantro.

It tastes like Palmolive liquid dish soap. I understand it tastes 'citrusy' and 'bright' to others; that does not change the fact it tastes like Palmolive liquid dish soap to me in any way. I can handle a little cooked these days in some very select dishes but I still cannot deal with raw at all.

Anything soya based.

Oh, wait a minute...no I don't.
  • Mandygring
    Mandygring Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    I wish I liked fish