What foods do you hate but you wish you didn't?

Replies

• bioklutz
    bioklutz Posts: 1,365 Member
    I also wish I liked mushrooms. I am not a fan of the flavor and the texture. It is easy enough to avoid at home but why must restaurants add it to so many dishes! If it is in a salad I can eat around it but if it gets cooked in something the flavor just permeates the dish.
  • kirstens1984
    kirstens1984 Posts: 96 Member
    Oranges (can't touch them, they trigger my migraines).

Oh and i've never managed to get my head round eating brussels sprouts, they are so wrong (childhood memories of overcooked soggy sprouts still haunt me)!!!
  • Adamanda5
    Adamanda5 Posts: 38 Member
    I wish I liked Hummus, zucchini, avocado, tomato, all the healthier dressings for salad.

But I'm also lucky about some of the things that others seem to really struggle with that I don't care for! I can easily go without soda, mashed potatoes, chocolate cake, macaroni and cheese, and butter (on bread).

So I guess it kind of evens out!
  • MelanieCN77
    MelanieCN77 Posts: 4,047 Member
    I really can't stand celery. I'm missing out on a voluminous snack food and it makes me mad.
  • KombuchaKat
    KombuchaKat Posts: 134 Member
    Seaweed
  • janesremedy87
    janesremedy87 Posts: 5 Member
    I am not a picky eater in general but I hate eggplant. No so much the taste of it, I almost always would like that. It's a texture thing, I just can't swallow it without it making me gag.. Zucchini overcooked is another veggie I can't stomach. I like it raw though.

I used to hate brussel sprouts but I usually eat them about 2-3 times a week now and can't get enough of them ^^ I guess things are changing for me, yayy!
  • fit4life_78
    fit4life_78 Posts: 165 Member
    I am not a picky eater in general but I hate eggplant. No so much the taste of it, I almost always would like that. It's a texture thing, I just can't swallow it without it making me gag.. Zucchini overcooked is another veggie I can't stomach. I like it raw though.

I used to hate brussel sprouts but I usually eat them about 2-3 times a week now and can't get enough of them ^^ I guess things are changing for me, yayy!

^^ I was skimming over this post and totally reading it wrong :smiley:;)
  • MostlyWater
    MostlyWater Posts: 4,294 Member
    Beans

Oats
  • SuzySunshine99
    SuzySunshine99 Posts: 2,983 Member
    Mangoes. Everyone around me LOVES them and seem shocked when I say I don't really like them.
    I wish I liked them so I could be in the cool-kids-mango-loving club.
  • Tabbycat00
    Tabbycat00 Posts: 146 Member
    Avocado, all veggies, salad (guess that’s a veggie), jello, pudding, mashed potatoes, whipped cream, all forms of cheese cake or cream cheese in general...I feel like everything “normal” people like I turn my nose up at.
  • kakaovanilya
    kakaovanilya Posts: 647 Member
    Broccoli, eggs, artichoke, celery
  • iamthemotherofdogs
    iamthemotherofdogs Posts: 562 Member
    Coconut, brussels sprouts, pumpkin.
  • sgt1372
    sgt1372 Posts: 3,974 Member
    There aren't any foods that I "hate" but there are quite a few that I choose NOT to eat either because they are not tasty to me or contain too many calories.

At the top of the untasty list for me is unorocessed liver.

At the top of the too many calories list are sodas.
  • Gracie12311
    Gracie12311 Posts: 44 Member
    Beans - any kind
    Peas
    Carrots
    Salmon

I almost gag when I’m near them sadly. Childhood trauma I think.
  • sarasmiles124
    sarasmiles124 Posts: 138 Member
    Celery....bitter melon....jackfruit...durian.
  • ccruz985
    ccruz985 Posts: 646 Member
    Peas, most fish, mustard, mushrooms, spicy food, pickles.
  • Luxduca
    Luxduca Posts: 979 Member
    Broccoli and brussell sprouts...can’t stand them
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    avocado
  • nexangelus
    nexangelus Posts: 2,081 Member
    There is usually a good reason for me "hating" certain foods. Brassicas and sulphur producing veg send me bloaty, ultra flatulent and very sore in the abdomen. I have IBS. Beans and some grains do this too. I have tried to eat them to see if time has changed the old childhood dislike of these things. Nope, still make me feel really bad. So I do not wish I did like them because even if I did they would make me hurt.