JoLightensUp Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    tess5036 wrote: »
    Homemade chocolate brownies

Mmmmmmmmmmm. Why am I reading this thread?? lol
  • moogie_fit
    moogie_fit Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    popcorn. I'm obsessed with it. I follow KETO so it's not an option....but if I eat it I can make myself sick.

Why would you promote bulimia..
  • grinning_chick
    grinning_chick Posts: 765 Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    *Basket of puppies* cream cheese frosting. Homemade, even. :cry:

I cannot touch the stuff, not even 5 grams, without it setting off eating anything/everything about a half hour later that I only emerge from 3-7K calories later. Cream cheese by itself? Fine. Confectioners sugar on its own/in other stuff? No problem. Combined? BingeTown™.

Cuz it's powerful, yeah! Powdahed Sugahhhhhh!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Krz-dyD-UQ
  • ghudson92
    ghudson92 Posts: 2,061 Member
    Options
    jgnatca wrote: »
    Isn't a vegetarian gummy a raisin?

No. Raisins are the devil. Vegetarian gummies are made with pectin (a plant protein) instead of gelatine. Even when I was a meat eater gelatine freaked me out. I know you were joking, but I really hate raisins!
  • cryonic_273
    cryonic_273 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Chocolate, Tortila chips.
  • KailaLaFlor
    KailaLaFlor Posts: 20 Member
    Options

thegeans wrote: »

Yes! There's something about food you didn't cook yourself....sometimes I can't even make it the car ride home from the restaurant without cracking open the box.

I'm guilty of that too. My husband even jokes about it when we're out that the leftovers probably won't even make it home.
  • KailaLaFlor
    KailaLaFlor Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    maura_tasi wrote: »

This! I'll be stuffed at the restaurant and think hey, I'll have lunch for tomorrow now but as soon as I get home it's like I never had dinner and I eat my leftovers as soon as I walk through the door :neutral:

I don't think I've EVER successfully saved leftovers for the next day. But I still tell myself that lie at the restaurant, and I still believe it.
  • CarvedTones
    CarvedTones Posts: 2,340 Member
    Options
    Dang - I just got reminded of another - raisins and nuts. I would get half a handful of each as a healthy snack while cooking or doing something in or near the kitchen. That would be fine but before I know it I have made 6 or 8 trips into the pantry for a handful each time. And the handfuls get bigger and sometimes I use a small tumbler. Worse, I would often sprinkle a few chocolate chips in if I used a tumbler.
  • kimcalica
    kimcalica Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    Ice cream! Candy! Doughnuts and cake! Ribeye! Buttercream frosting! Cookies! Pancakes and soda!

Like many people here, I don’t keep bad things in the house. (Except on holidays)

I have a problem with discipline only at certain times.. usually in the evenings, so I do my shopping early in the day, and I actually eat pretty much the same kind of stuff on the regular so my shopping list is usually pretty repetitive.

If something is in the house, I’ll eat it till it’s gone (weirdly in my head I justify it as “I’m getting it out of the house”)

Generally if my family wants that kind of stuff, we make it an outing. At least that way we don’t get a dozen doughnuts or a few different pints of ice cream (we all like different kinds) because guess who will eat all the leftovers? (This gal!)

• beaglady
    beaglady Posts: 1,362 Member
    Options
    kimcalica wrote: »
    If something is in the house, I’ll eat it till it’s gone (weirdly in my head I justify it as “I’m getting it out of the house”)

I get it. I used to start any period of dieting by binging on the junk in the pantry just to 'get rid' of it.
  • LoveForWine
    LoveForWine Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Red vines licorice. I developed a craving for them about a year ago, and have no clue why. 75 calories a piece. I can easily eat the whole family size bag.
  • Ashtoretet
    Ashtoretet Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    For me it's the amount, way it's presented, and whether or not it can be eaten later and taste the same. Donuts go stale, and people tend to buy them by the dozen, if I get more than one I'll eat way too many of them in a short time. If I get a full size sandwich I'll want to eat the whole thing at once because the bread will get soggy if it sits too long. This happens a lot with pizza, too. So now I just make sure to order a small portion and all that anxious eating goes away.
  • GottaBurnEmAll
    GottaBurnEmAll Posts: 7,722 Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    Cherimoose wrote: »
    Swedish Fish and Reese's peanut butter cups should have a surgeon general's warning on them. :+1:

Yeah Reese's are dangerous. I only buy those in a single serving.

Speaking of red light foods and single servings, I'm testing my resolve. I bought a package of little bags of fun sized peanut M & M's to see if I can moderate them. I'll try to remember to update the thread.