lost 282# in 12 months

Options
t1954
t1954 Posts: 81 Member
This is my story. I woke up on July 27, 2012 and decided enough is enough. I had to do something about my weight problem. I found My Fitness Plan and quickly joined the website. After that, I logged in every day and recorded my food.

I have lost 282# in 52 weeks. I did this with no tricks, no surgery, no supplements, no energy bars or drinks, no shots just pure old fashioned willpower and exercise. I joined a gym on December 24, 2012. Currently, I am there about 4-5 times a week. I probably broke all the rules. I eat about 1,000 calories a day. I eat three times a day with snacks. I have skipped meals when I am not hungry especially on the weekends when I am busy. I weigh myself every day. I visit my personal physician every 30 days. He monitors my progress and draws blood about every 60 days.

In the past year I haven’t had one bite of fast food, pizza, junky sweets or beer. I can’t say as I miss it. I want to lose about another 50#. I am posting this for the people out there who get discouraged or have a substantial amount to lose. You can do it. You have to be determined. Don’t get distracted by outside influences. I decided I would set aside one year of my life to really concentrate on my problem. I am 59 years old. If I can do it, you can do it. Everyone is amazed at my results. Are the results typical? I doubt it. Did I lose it too fast? The answer is probably. Are my Dr. and I pleased with the results? The answer is absolutely.

beforejpg_zpscd1ceea7.png[/URL]

photo_zpsd9a653e5.jpg[/URL]

Replies

• _Tara_R
    _Tara_R Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    You look fantastic!!!!!!!!! Awesome job!!!!
  • Evilmuffin666
    Evilmuffin666 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    WOW!!!!!
  • sharonfoustmills
    sharonfoustmills Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    wow! congratulations on being rewarded for your efforts!
  • bmxpop
    bmxpop Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    Are my Dr. and I pleased with the results? The answer is absolutely.

That is the key statement......Congratulations!!
  • margebouvierx2
    Options
    Absolutely AMAZING!!!!!!
    Thanks for posting, what an inspiration you are, Your pics look like pics of two totally different people.
  • str8bowbabe
    str8bowbabe Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    Congratulations and I must say you are a true inspiration!
  • JaymeJaime
    JaymeJaime Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    This is amazing! At this rate, you'll be an Adonis in no time!
  • finding_teresa
    finding_teresa Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Wonderful!! You are a true inspiration
  • maegmez
    maegmez Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    So many members her get berated for eating under 1200, especially a guy. This is the second success story I have seen where the guy ate below 1200 and still lost the weight.

This is proof that what works for some doesn't work for all.

Well done on the loss! Keep it going!
  • JRSchumaker
    JRSchumaker Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    This is really impressive, and I'm proud of you. GREAT JOB!
  • DCpaleochick
    DCpaleochick Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    wow...nice job!
  • nyrina4life
    nyrina4life Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your loss, and the best part is that you kept your physician in the loop and were monitored. This I think is EXTREMELY important when you are going into a journey such as this with guns a' blazing. You jumped right in, headstrong and made a change that was life saving for you. Way to go. :flowerforyou:

I am taking it slow myself, but this is how I want to lose my weight.
  • tannadine
    tannadine Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    I don't even know you and I'm so proud of you - amazing job! You're a real inspiration x
  • kdkyzer
    kdkyzer Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    A total inspiration!!!
  • zumbajheri
    zumbajheri Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    Incredible!!!! That's awesome!! Way to do it the natural way under dr supervision!!
  • angelatjones16
    Options
    Awesome job!
  • jakidb
    jakidb Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    Wow!!! Awesome journey you're on and you're looking gr8t! i love the fact tht you're doing regular check ups with your physcian too. Kudos!!!
  • Hummingbird82
    Hummingbird82 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Wow, thank you for posting this! I have been geting bit frustrated with the whole weight loss , but I really needed to read your story today. VERY INSPIRING and has re-motivated me.! It is never too late to get healthy! Thank you thank you thank you!
  • DawnOBRN
    DawnOBRN Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    What an accomplishment! Good for you!
  • Antoine112
    Antoine112 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Where there is a will... There is a way! Pretty impressive! Congratulations!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!