Replies

• TheRealJigsaw
    TheRealJigsaw Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    Wow! Congrats!
  • new_bella
    new_bella Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Very impressive sir! Congratulations and Best Wishes!
  • S0nsh1ne
    S0nsh1ne Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much for sharing, just amazing!
  • charlenequinn94
    Options
    This is my story. I woke up on July 27, 2012 and decided enough is enough. I had to do something about my weight problem. I found My Fitness Plan and quickly joined the website. After that, I logged in every day and recorded my food.

I have lost 282# in 52 weeks. I did this with no tricks, no surgery, no supplements, no energy bars or drinks, no shots just pure old fashioned willpower and exercise. I joined a gym on December 24, 2012. Currently, I am there about 4-5 times a week. I probably broke all the rules. I eat about 1,000 calories a day. I eat three times a day with snacks. I have skipped meals when I am not hungry especially on the weekends when I am busy. I weigh myself every day. I visit my personal physician every 30 days. He monitors my progress and draws blood about every 60 days.

In the past year I haven’t had one bite of fast food, pizza, junky sweets or beer. I can’t say as I miss it. I want to lose about another 50#. I am posting this for the people out there who get discouraged or have a substantial amount to lose. You can do it. You have to be determined. Don’t get distracted by outside influences. I decided I would set aside one year of my life to really concentrate on my problem. I am 59 years old. If I can do it, you can do it. Everyone is amazed at my results. Are the results typical? I doubt it. Did I lose it too fast? The answer is probably. Are my Dr. and I pleased with the results? The answer is absolutely.

beforejpg_zpscd1ceea7.png[/URL]

photo_zpsd9a653e5.jpg[/URL]

Great job
  • teaparty75
    teaparty75 Posts: 170
    Options
    amazing !!! very inspiring !!
  • MinimalistShoeAddict
    MinimalistShoeAddict Posts: 1,946 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!!
  • keya729
    keya729 Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    That is amazing!! How encouraging are you to everyone on this site!! You look amazing and we here at MFP are very proud of you!!

Congrats again!!!:happy: :happy:
  • CandelLife
    CandelLife Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    This is my story. I woke up on July 27, 2012 and decided enough is enough. I had to do something about my weight problem. I found My Fitness Plan and quickly joined the website. After that, I logged in every day and recorded my food.

I have lost 282# in 52 weeks. I did this with no tricks, no surgery, no supplements, no energy bars or drinks, no shots just pure old fashioned willpower and exercise. I joined a gym on December 24, 2012. Currently, I am there about 4-5 times a week. I probably broke all the rules. I eat about 1,000 calories a day. I eat three times a day with snacks. I have skipped meals when I am not hungry especially on the weekends when I am busy. I weigh myself every day. I visit my personal physician every 30 days. He monitors my progress and draws blood about every 60 days.

In the past year I haven’t had one bite of fast food, pizza, junky sweets or beer. I can’t say as I miss it. I want to lose about another 50#. I am posting this for the people out there who get discouraged or have a substantial amount to lose. You can do it. You have to be determined. Don’t get distracted by outside influences. I decided I would set aside one year of my life to really concentrate on my problem. I am 59 years old. If I can do it, you can do it. Everyone is amazed at my results. Are the results typical? I doubt it. Did I lose it too fast? The answer is probably. Are my Dr. and I pleased with the results? The answer is absolutely.

I love how your doctor stayed on top of things and drew blood work every 60 days to make sure you stayed in healthy ranges! Wonderful transformation!
  • FitnessGirlD
    Options
    VERY IMPRESSIVE!! You are an example to us all. Great job!
  • bobbinalong
    bobbinalong Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Wow, Just, Wow! All the kudo adjectives just don't say enough, Congratulations!
  • melfitnesspal13
    melfitnesspal13 Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    Holy weight loss, Batman!!! You look terrific! Congratulations on your willpower, wisdom, and tenacity!

You stole my words batgirl! congrats!
  • happieharpie
    happieharpie Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    The look on your "after" face tells the whole story!
  • Hopelessone
    Hopelessone Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    AWESOME JOB!!! Nothing more to say :) Except maybe congrats and thank you so much for sharing
  • mayonie1
    mayonie1 Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    WELL DONE!!!
  • perrinjoshua
    perrinjoshua Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    You did it and you did it your way. Seems to be working very well for you. Congratulations, you are proof that if we work hard, we can achieve. Thank you for sharing.
  • cutlooseat60
    Options
    Thank you for sharing. You are an inspiration!!!
  • JanMarie2BHealthy
    Options
    THANK YOU for posting - I am 57 and really needed to see your success story without surgery, pills, etc. as that is the plan my doctor and I have for me. You must feel incredible! Congratulations.
  • shenson2522
    shenson2522 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Amazing! You are a true inspiration.
  • benchsquad65
    benchsquad65 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    This is just amazing.
  • Noiram55
    Noiram55 Posts: 43
    Options
    Congratulations for your really wonderful achievement. You look really great in your after photo, and I wish you all the best on your way to losing the final 50 lbs.:love:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!