lost 282# in 12 months

Options

Replies

• dlanoux
    dlanoux Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Very nice job! Congratulations!! You look great!
  • BlueIvey
    BlueIvey Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Simply Amazing! I am just getting started, but hearing your story makes me want to keep going and remember to log daily. I am proud of you!
  • islandnutshel
    islandnutshel Posts: 1,143 Member
    Options
    I am completely inspired by your determination. It proves "one size" does not "fit all" when it comes to diet. I am glad you took your health seriously and just got to work. You also kept it healthy by having this transformation monitored medically. It was surgical results without surgery. Keep it up. Maintenance will take that same determination, that is something I keep forgetting. But you have shown us what is possible, thank you.
  • Groovyca2022
    Groovyca2022 Posts: 21,378 Member
    Options
    You've done an amazing well. Willpower, hard work and no excuses...way to go!
  • mspoopoo
    mspoopoo Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    Whoa you are really sexy!

Well done on your great results, hard work, and determination.
  • caly_man
    caly_man Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    dude, you are beast. amazing dedication.
  • squishy84
    Options
    Whoa, Ted! You look amazing! and you have a really gorgeous smile! Well done, you are truly inspirational!
  • goodnamegone
    Options
    AWESOME!!!!!!!!
  • jssapienza
    Options
    Wow! I love how happy you look. Great job!
  • Possible_Infinity
    Possible_Infinity Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Good Job! Treat Yourself non food wise, You've earned it...
  • MrsHunterFellows
    MrsHunterFellows Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Oh my word, this is amazing! What an inspiration! Our amazing and your willpower... Can I have some please :-) well done and I hope you life a long happy fuller life :-)
  • penelope76
    penelope76 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    This is my story. I woke up on July 27, 2012 and decided enough is enough. I had to do something about my weight problem. I found My Fitness Plan and quickly joined the website. After that, I logged in every day and recorded my food.

I have lost 282# in 52 weeks. I did this with no tricks, no surgery, no supplements, no energy bars or drinks, no shots just pure old fashioned willpower and exercise. I joined a gym on December 24, 2012. Currently, I am there about 4-5 times a week. I probably broke all the rules. I eat about 1,000 calories a day. I eat three times a day with snacks. I have skipped meals when I am not hungry especially on the weekends when I am busy. I weigh myself every day. I visit my personal physician every 30 days. He monitors my progress and draws blood about every 60 days.

In the past year I haven’t had one bite of fast food, pizza, junky sweets or beer. I can’t say as I miss it. I want to lose about another 50#. I am posting this for the people out there who get discouraged or have a substantial amount to lose. You can do it. You have to be determined. Don’t get distracted by outside influences. I decided I would set aside one year of my life to really concentrate on my problem. I am 59 years old. If I can do it, you can do it. Everyone is amazed at my results. Are the results typical? I doubt it. Did I lose it too fast? The answer is probably. Are my Dr. and I pleased with the results? The answer is absolutely.

beforejpg_zpscd1ceea7.png[/URL]

photo_zpsd9a653e5.jpg[/URL]
    You are such an inspiration!!!! You look terrific!!!
  • bf43005
    bf43005 Posts: 287
    Options
    Wow! That is absolutely incredible. Good for you!!
  • LeslieAnn1982
    Options
    GOOD JOB! YOU LOOK GREAT!!!
  • Danalynn39
    Options
    One of the best posts I've read. Just so encouraging. Thank you for sharing. And way to go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Me2FitMe
    Me2FitMe Posts: 1,284 Member
    Options
    Amazing results! Great transformation! WTG!
  • FrankieTrailBlazer
    FrankieTrailBlazer Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Well done!
  • GetxFightedxxx
    Options
    Thank you so much for sharing your story! It's real motivation for me and you're a true inspiration! Congratulations on the payoff of all your hard work! (:
  • faithdanyell
    faithdanyell Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    This is my story. I woke up on July 27, 2012 and decided enough is enough. I had to do something about my weight problem. I found My Fitness Plan and quickly joined the website. After that, I logged in every day and recorded my food.

I have lost 282# in 52 weeks. I did this with no tricks, no surgery, no supplements, no energy bars or drinks, no shots just pure old fashioned willpower and exercise. I joined a gym on December 24, 2012. Currently, I am there about 4-5 times a week. I probably broke all the rules. I eat about 1,000 calories a day. I eat three times a day with snacks. I have skipped meals when I am not hungry especially on the weekends when I am busy. I weigh myself every day. I visit my personal physician every 30 days. He monitors my progress and draws blood about every 60 days.

In the past year I haven’t had one bite of fast food, pizza, junky sweets or beer. I can’t say as I miss it. I want to lose about another 50#. I am posting this for the people out there who get discouraged or have a substantial amount to lose. You can do it. You have to be determined. Don’t get distracted by outside influences. I decided I would set aside one year of my life to really concentrate on my problem. I am 59 years old. If I can do it, you can do it. Everyone is amazed at my results. Are the results typical? I doubt it. Did I lose it too fast? The answer is probably. Are my Dr. and I pleased with the results? The answer is absolutely.

beforejpg_zpscd1ceea7.png[/URL]

photo_zpsd9a653e5.jpg[/URL]
  • howellcs
    howellcs Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much for sharing!!!! This has truly inspired me! Especially when I have friends around me who have been overweight, & have lost it all due to some kind of surgery & look great! Yet, I'm here struggling day by day with it, and struggling with wanting to have surgery done myself (although my husband is totally against it)... It has been a slow process for me, which I have given up, every other month b/c my results aren't fast enough... However, your story has opened my eyes to maybe I didn't do it whole heartedly, and that if I jump in 100%, I, too, can have amazing results like you. Kudos to you! You have done great!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!