• Peach1948
    Peach1948 Posts: 2,473 Member
    edited December 2017
    Options

Happy Saturday Morning to All! :)

• kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 3,966 Member
    Options
    Good Saturday everyone. I can’t believe the weather differences across this country. Just stopping to say hi.

Rita RVing in Columbus New Mexico
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,363 Member
    Options
    Viv - Welcome back. I remember you very well and have occasionally wondered how you are getting on. <3

Love Heather UK xxxxxxx
  • spikeyhair
    spikeyhair Posts: 2,078 Member
    Options
    Kate UK <3
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,395 Member
    Options
    Karen - just jump right in, the water's fine! Losing 15 pounds is nothing to sneeze at. You kept it off, that's a good thing

Viv - welcome back, you were missed

Rita - thanks for popping in. Love hearing from you

Barbara - check out this link: https://www.amazon.com/Bosu-3-D-System-Balance-Trainer/dp/B00IL2TR80/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1514656028&sr=8-2&keywords=bosu+bar The bosu goes in the middle

Well, made my apple pie. Now we'll see how it turns out. I increased the sugar in the pie, but I also increased the corn starch so we shall see how it turns out. Good, I hope.

Michele in NC
  • auntiebk
    auntiebk Posts: 2,520 Member
    Options
    Lanette your pot holder and my dish cloth could be long time friends..."go from reading to really putting it into action" amen sister, amen!
    Wendy "I just am not going to let someone else's actions "make" me feel that way" Brava, bravissima!
    Heather you almost make sprouted beans, fish and broccoli sould like they smell good cooking. No way ;) What is faux caviar?
    Joyce thankful for the update and glad you're getting out of ICU.
    pg 66 bottom, standing up now and going outside ;)
  • KarenUK56
    KarenUK56 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    I'm about to watch "Goodbye Mr Chips" on tv. It's a made for tv British remake of the original, starring Martin Clunes(Doc Martin). I love old films and my list of favourite actors is endless. My friends used to laugh in the old days when I was late joining them at the disco because I was watching a Tony Curtis/Rock Hudson /Gregory Peck film on TV!! Happy days!!
  • Peach1948
    Peach1948 Posts: 2,473 Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    Has anyone heard from Mary or Re/Bre?
  • evie1958
    evie1958 Posts: 856 Member
    Options
    Sharon, if Larry had nothing to hide, he wouldn't be upset about you looking at his cell phone. And you have nothing to feel ashamed about, he's the one who appears to be cheating so he's the one who should be ashamed! You are not going to be able to change him, he would have to want to change and that doesn't seem likely to happen. I'm sure it's a scary thing, thinking of divorce and living alone, but you need to be the most important person in your life right now. Take the steps you need to in order to take care of YOU! And even though none of us is physically there for you, you know we are all with you in spirit!
    Katla, happy to hear that your dog is getting better!
    Heather, happy that you heard from your friend, hope that you can get a number of someone who is in her life that you could call.
    Allie, your brother is not being fair at all! Is his head up his @$$, does he not see how much you are doing for your dad? Good grief! I wish I were there to give you a big hug, this will have to do! {{{HUG}}}
    As for t.v., radio and other noisemakers in the house... Hubby is the one who gets up in the morning and turns on the t.v., I prefer to read the paper in the morning and it's easier to do without the noise of the t.v. or whatever, but after 36 years of this, I'm used to it and it doesn't bother me. It helps that I'm usually up for a few hours before he gets up, so I can read the paper and putter in quiet. I'm usually at the gym when he gets up and by the time that I get home, I'm ready for some noise in my day! He also turns it on when he gets up and it stays on til he goes to bed, unless we go out somewhere. No point in leaving it on for the cat, she's deaf! lol She's an old thing who probably won't be with us much longer, I will miss her. Mind you, I didn't think she would survive last winter, so maybe I shouldn't bury her just yet.....
    Christmas is still up at our place, will probably take it down NY day. I was going to leave it up for another week, but I'm not sure I'll be able to stand it for that much longer! I do like it, but I kind of want my regular house back.
    I do want to know more about the tradition that someone's step mom had about placing a coin outside on the windowsill. Does the denomination count? How long does one leave the coin there? Should it be on a particular windowsill? Or one facing a certain direction?
    The pork thing sounds interesting, my mom would make a ham for NY day, but I don't recall anything being said about pigs moving forward while foraging. Mom would make ethnic (Russian) food quite often for NY day as well. I did like that! I don't make too much of it, hubby doesn't like most of it and I have found that I'm not quite as fond of it as I used to be. And a lot of it is kind of high in calories and fat, and I really don't need extra calories or fat! I do, however, make borsch on a regular (sort of! lol) basis, and hubby does like that. It contains butter and whipping cream, but the rest is all veggies, so it's really a fairly healthy soup. Wouldn't work for the cabbage haters out there, but I'm not one of those. Not a fan of kale tho, or a lot of salad stuff that seems to be in the salad mixes that one finds in the stores. Don't like bitter tasting food, and there always seems to be something in there like that.
    Well, that's a long enough post for now! I know I've missed commenting on lots of peoples activities, the letter to Santa about the pets was adorable, loved that Joaquin gave a big sloppy kiss to his gramma, so many happy moments! And as I'm typing this, more people are posting! I'll never get caught up! lol Hope everyone has a great day!
    Evelyn, Vancouver Island

• margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,096 Member
    Options
    Viv and Rita good to see you drop by! Love hearing from you!