WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR DECEMBER 2017

Options
1919293949597»

Replies

• GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS
    GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS Posts: 2,573 Member
    Options
    Thought I would check for link to January 2018 ... this year is going to be a lot better for me. Will work at being compliant with taking my daily meds, don't want to end up back in the hospital any time soon. Love all of you!

Lenora
  • GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS
    GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS Posts: 2,573 Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    When your periods become 'synched' with every other woman you work for ... it doesn't make for a 'good week'. Now I don't have to worry about it ... not since I was 35 ... almost 1/2 of my lifetime ago or maybe 20 years ago, when I retired.
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,349 Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    Yeah!!! There was a programme on BBC radio 4 today about very unfit people doing more exercise. A lovely young woman called Laura has done a podcast for the NHS for the c25k. :D I really like her voice with a northern accent. So off I went after lunch up the road with DH, listening to Laura. o:) It worked out at around 28 minutes of fast walking and slow jogging and I could feel my knee, but I managed it. Will have another go on Wednesday and Friday and do kettlebells or dancing on the other afternoons. That should kick-start me into dropping those pesky 5 pounds.
    DH went off on his longer walk, but he was pleased to see me getting outside.
    Thank you Laura and the NHS.

Love Heather UK XXXXXX
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,349 Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    Good luck Allie! Those conversations are hard. It sounds as if your dad might be up to it though. Not everyone is. <3

Posting a pic of my son and the grandchildren in the absolutely pouring rain at Bodiam Castle. :o Good for them for getting out and about, especially DDIL.

hui8cy752vdb.jpg

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Heather UK xxxxxxx

PS - I'm putting my alcohol chart back on the fridge. AF day today. :D
    Barbie - I really liked your list. I have screensaved it. :)
  • dmmains
    dmmains Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Hi Terry and Ladies,

Let me tell you all a bit about myself as an introduction.

I'm 50+, like you all. I'll be turning 58 later this week. I live in a suburb of Chicago. I'm married and have two college-aged boys. I'm an IT person by trade. I work for a small eCommerce company and I manage their analytics team. My husband is a physical education middle school teacher. My older son currently attends community college working on his associate's degree in Computer Science. He's also a figure skater and is training to audition for ice shows this spring (think Disney on Ice). My younger son is in his last semester of college. He's a musical theatre major. He's planning to move to New York after graduation to start his acting career.

I'm excited to start the new year with the mission to improve my health. I'm using MFP to track to food and activity. I got a good start to the year. I spent about two hours at the gym this morning. It felt good.

I'm looking forward to getting to know you all.

Thanks for being so welcoming.

Donna in Chicago
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,979 Member
    Options
    :) We have a new thread for January with a lot of great sharing already.

Here is the link;

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10626497/women-ages-50-for-january-2018#latest
  • wildhorsewendy
    wildhorsewendy Posts: 563 Member
    Options
    Hi Sisters, I had a great time with my daughter who turned 28 yesterday. We went for a hike together and went to "Rivendell" the magical fairy valley immortalized in Lord of the Rings. I stood under the archway where Froda asked Gandalf, "Do I go right or left?" in search of the ring. z1y3shsaiyp5.jpg

Sometimes, life can be worth all the hassles! <3 Wendy