pipcd34 Posts: 16,710 Member
    Options
    Pppp
  • coastalgosgal
    coastalgosgal Posts: 2,900 Member
    Options
    patceoh wrote: »
    Oye, ladies!
    Home now, after waking up at 3am, leaving at 4 am from middle son and DILs apartment to head to PDX. Youngest nuke son had a 6:30am flight tko Atlanta, then on to Charleston. It was nice having him home from 16th to 26th, then stayed at middle son's from 26th to today. They have two dogs, that jumped all over, on the couch, on you, licking your ears, up your nose! Husband, younger son and I have never grown up with dogs so it was quite an experience! They also do not have cable, or a radio. Husband and I are used to being informed with local news, local paper and the like. We both adapted and adjusted. Love our son and DIL, but she is not a cook, nor a helper. I was making scrambled eggs and using some ham I found, served on paper plates.... * long sigh*.

Miss my eldest son, can't call him or write him. Until he writes first with his on base Addy.

Christmas stuff down, looking at my minimalist looking home and breathing long and deep!

Love you guys, hoping nothing but the best for each and every one of you! Type to you next year!
    Becca

Not sure what PDX is,but that was sure an early start! I agree,the young generation does it their way,but so did we.....

DD asked if I was making cabbage rolls tomorrow........no & nothing else either. DH has out patient surgery Wed & I like to clear the decks before & left overs are not in the plan. Cooking for 7 ppl no longer interests me......
    kind of “been there/done that”.Just having what we want,when we want works for us.Sounding selfish here :/

Grandaughter saw 4” of snow starting just after she arrived from
    Fl.Grpa asked what she thought if it,”very pretty,but I’m over it”.LOL,
    She tells it like she sees it.......her Mama’s DD.

Hope your son is doing well.We never get over that worry.Our Marine Grson leaves for SC Thursday.A 12 hr drive.

Our decorations went back in hiding a day or two early.Needed to do a good cleaning & the less to look at,the better.

Pat in Ohio

PDX is Portland Oregon International Airport. Heehee!
  • SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,423 Member
    Options
    patceoh wrote: »
    The story of my life!

4d2u0mksdyom.jpeg

My last post of 2017....on to next year.

Pat in Ohio

Pat
    - good one! Sounds like our house! :D

Lanette
    SW WA State
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,178 Member
    Options
    exermom wrote: »
    M - MFP says that I only logged in 364 days. I know I logged in every day. It was really interesting to see the stats for the community. Oh, that's right, there were some days when I didn't close out my diary, like Thanksgiving and Christmas. Maybe that's what they're going by

Happy New Year to all you wonderful ladies. I feel so blessed to have you all in my life. Love you all

That's what mine said too ... I wondered if it were a time zone difference thing.

• barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,980 Member
    Options
    t9306.gif There are fireworks going off near our neighborhood and the dogs are terrified. Bessie didn't want to go out and do her business at bedtime and probably won't want to go out in the middle of the night, either.

t2208.gif I am nearly ready to go to bed, so I've posted the new thread for January.

Here is the link;

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10626497/women-ages-50-for-january-2018#latest
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,710 Member
    Options
    Have a safe drunken new year peeps
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,178 Member
    Options
    It's also possible, though I haven't had one in 17 years, so not sure, that she's PMSing. Which he never experienced with me, and hasn't been around since our daughter left home for the Army eight years ago. I remember how it felt, and I see the same look on her face, and same exhaustion. Plus, of course, she's dealing with her husband being half a world away for another four months.

January 2 is a full moon, and apparently a super moon, so it is entirely possible she's PMSing.

I used to be synced to have my periods on full moons, but the last year or so I've been so irregular, it's anyone's guess.

• langman22
    langman22 Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    Happy New Year lovely ladies. All the best for 2018!!
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    Options
    :)