Options

Replies

• PAFC84
    PAFC84 Posts: 1,871 Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    Corprina wrote: »
    mgr75v8rppny.png

I will not push my beliefs on to anyone. Everyone has a the freewill to believe or not. I would never tell anyone that what they believe is a fairytale. Nor would I want them to tell me that!

That sounds a bit like "I only believe in God because there might be something in it for me". I've heard ppl say that (not saying its your opinion) but to me that doesn't sound like faith or a good reason for believing in anything.
  • Corprina
    Corprina Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    No one knows if they're going to Heaven. Absolutely no one! You only have faith that you will and live your life accordingly - that's it!
  • DYLPICKEL
    DYLPICKEL Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    DYLPICKEL wrote: »
    81Katz wrote: »
    I think the people that are positively sure they're going to heaven are probably the biggest aholes out there. Yep, go sit in church 1 day a week, *kitten* about programs that help children, women and those in need, stockpile some guns, yeah uh huh you're totally going to heaven.

Judge much?

I just do what the scriptures say and pray always that I be accounted worth to escape all these things that shall come to pass, and to stand before the Son of man.
  • WorkerDrone83
    WorkerDrone83 Posts: 3,195 Member
    Options
    is this thread where people get mad when you say xmas instead of christmas

You actually say X-mas?
    While we're on that subject why do people who are not Christians celebrate Christmas? A celebration of the birth of our Lord and Saviour, Jesus Christ?

For me Christmas isn't about religion at all. It's about celebrating family and friends, getting together and having a great time. Obviously Christmas is very commercial but I don't care. I like having a specified time of year where we show our love and appreciation for one another by giving gifts.

Agreed. And the birth of Santa.
  • 81Katz
    81Katz Posts: 7,074 Member
    Options
    DYLPICKEL wrote: »
    81Katz wrote: »
    I think the people that are positively sure they're going to heaven are probably the biggest aholes out there. Yep, go sit in church 1 day a week, *kitten* about programs that help children, women and those in need, stockpile some guns, yeah uh huh you're totally going to heaven.

Judge much?

Yes, multiple times a day.
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,841 Member
    Options
    How funny. Just rank through looking for flags and not a one. Well done.

Too bad admins and mods ran everyone off with bans for things that generally go as normal discourse now. All 10 people left around here get to enjoy it though.
  • WorkerDrone83
    Options
    is this thread where people get mad when you say xmas instead of christmas

You actually say X-mas?
    While we're on that subject why do people who are not Christians celebrate Christmas? A celebration of the birth of our Lord and Saviour, Jesus Christ?

For me Christmas isn't about religion at all. It's about celebrating family and friends, getting together and having a great time. Obviously Christmas is very commercial but I don't care. I like having a specified time of year where we show our love and appreciation for one another by giving gifts.

Agreed. And the birth of Santa.

How could I have forgotten

It's easy to get caught up in all the bright lights and gifts and forget all about the true meaning of Christmas.
  • Just_J_Now
    Just_J_Now Posts: 9,551 Member
    Options
    Timshel_ wrote: »
    How funny. Just rank through looking for flags and not a one. Well done.

Too bad admins and mods ran everyone off with bans for things that generally go as normal discourse now. All 10 people left around here get to enjoy it though.

I had gotten 2. They must've been removed.
  • WorkerDrone83
    Options
    I'm definitely going to heaven. o:)

no you aren't. You are going to h e double hockey sticks with me

I'm going where?

HE77. Must be a cool night club or something.
  • Just_J_Now
    Just_J_Now Posts: 9,551 Member
    Options
    I'm definitely going to heaven. o:)

no you aren't. You are going to h e double hockey sticks with me

I'm going where?

to hell. :D
This discussion has been closed.