Eat right for your blood type?

Options

Replies

• lkpducky
    lkpducky Posts: 16,737 Member
    Options
    Noel_57 wrote: »
    I have been doing Eat Right for my Zodiac Sign. But I'm a Scorpio and chapter 5 of the book says I have to eat scorpions. Are they keto friendly? :o

Is that the You Are What You Eat diet? :p
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    You can find out your blood type with a finger prick. Not a lot of blood required.

If you ever get caught in a situation where a vein must be found, drink LOTS of water beforehand.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    jgnatca wrote: »
    You can find out your blood type with a finger prick. Not a lot of blood required.

If you ever get caught in a situation where a vein must be found, drink LOTS of water beforehand.

I think that's where the problem lies... The majority of the blood tests I've had over the years I've had to be fasted for, no food/water beforehand. Prediabetes check, operations etc etc

I am SO sorry to veer this thread so off topic. I'll shut up now!!

Oh OP. as everyone else mentioned, the blood type diet is codswallop!
  • ashesnposies333
    ashesnposies333 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Ahaha I totally thought that said for your body type
  • mph323
    mph323 Posts: 3,565 Member
    Options
    LAWoman72 wrote: »
    TonyB0588 wrote: »
    Anyone find this book/information to be accurate or not true?

My mother in law did it. My wife's comment is that she did all the right things and died.

... Dont we all? :p

Exactly my thought, LOL!

So the idea is, don't bother doing "all the right things" because doing so DOESN'T actually make you immortal?

As for the blood type thing, wasn't it something about one's ancestry and percentages of blood types being a majority of certain groups and different groups evolved to eat different things and blah? Sort of like Paleo Gone Eugenic?

I think I tried it with my sister in the 90s...same blood type...she lost 5 lbs. because she liked what we were supposed to eat...I hated it, binged, and gained.

So Now I 'Eat Right 4 Your Food Preferences!" It is amazing...I should write a book. I could use the extra cash.

Ha, perfect summary!
  • Aaron_K123
    Aaron_K123 Posts: 7,122 Member
    Options
    I don't even know what my blood type is, so this diet is not for me!

You should find out though, even if not for the diet.

That means going in to get blood drawn... :confounded: Mr big shot anesthesiologist (who laughed when i told him to be prepared for struggle) couldn't find one single vein to put a drip in, he had to wheel out an ultrasound machine to find a vein.
    30 minutes later and a bunch of exasperated,impatient surgery staff, he finally got it. Nurses at doctors surgeries have ZERO chance of getting blood out of me, been there done that, and I leave full of bruises on my arms and all of my blood still intact lol

Honestly if you have been to a doctor or were born in a hospital they probably have your blood type on file and you can just call them and ask.
  • mph323
    mph323 Posts: 3,565 Member
    Options
    It's actually a really good idea to know your blood type, not for diet purposes, but in case of medical emergency. As far as diet goes, read the thread, it's nothing but bs.
  • gothchiq
    gothchiq Posts: 4,598 Member
    Options
    It's baloney, but you do need to know your blood type in the event of a medical emergency.
  • ladyreva78
    ladyreva78 Posts: 4,080 Member
    Options
    mph323 wrote: »
    It's actually a really good idea to know your blood type, not for diet purposes, but in case of medical emergency. As far as diet goes, read the thread, it's nothing but bs.

Hihi that's why I started donating blood. It's a free blood type test (and nasty diseases test) which would other wise cost 200-300$ where I live...

I was seriously amused. I'm an O-. According to the blood type diet I should be avoiding dairy. I eat 3 servings a day. Meat (poultry and red meat) which I should be eating lots off, I eat only 2-3 times a week. I feel better than ever before and lost 30kg.
    Aaron_K123 wrote: »
    Your blood type is just literally what surface antigen is present on your blood cells...how could it possibly have anything to do with what you should eat. Sounds utterly ridiculous.

Had that discussion with someone not long ago. It's sad how little people know about how digestion, absorption of nutrients and metabolic pathways people know. The guy in question didn't even know bare basics. He genuinely thought that food and blood came in contact sometimes in the digestive processes (between stomach and intestines according to him), long before the nutrients were absorbed by the intestines and released into the blood stream.
  • firef1y72
    firef1y72 Posts: 1,579 Member
    Options
    According to mine I should be eating lots of lean meat and avoiding grains, legumes and dairy.. I'm a vegetarian, those are my entire diet + fruit and veg!

Same here, although I'd lose loads of weight as I'd virtually starve.
  • tyktok
    tyktok Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I don't even know what my blood type is, so this diet is not for me!

You should find out though, even if not for the diet.

That means going in to get blood drawn... :confounded: Mr big shot anesthesiologist (who laughed when i told him to be prepared for struggle) couldn't find one single vein to put a drip in, he had to wheel out an ultrasound machine to find a vein.
    30 minutes later and a bunch of exasperated,impatient surgery staff, he finally got it. Nurses at doctors surgeries have ZERO chance of getting blood out of me, been there done that, and I leave full of bruises on my arms and all of my blood still intact lol

You don't need to have blood "drawn" to have it typed. It only takes a prick on the tip of your middle finger, similar to how people with diabetes test their blood sugar.
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    CharlieBeansmomTracey Posts: 7,682 Member
    Options
    jgnatca wrote: »

I think that's where the problem lies... The majority of the blood tests I've had over the years I've had to be fasted for, no food/water beforehand. Prediabetes check, operations etc etc

I am SO sorry to veer this thread so off topic. I'll shut up now!!

Oh OP. as everyone else mentioned, the blood type diet is codswallop!

fasted blood work means nothing to eat or drink after midnight except water. I have to have blood drawn every 3 months and dr and even the lab said I could have water or even black coffee. but no food or nothing else that ay skew the results.