Has Weight Watchers gone insane?

Options

Replies

• Dnarules
    Dnarules Posts: 2,081 Member
    Options
    In response to the pineapple/watermelon remarks -

I did not eat a whole pineapple in one sitting but those fruits became my “go to” foods if I was hungry between meals. So my blood sugar would shoot in and then crash and I would be hungry again, so, more fruit. The leader KNEW what I was doing and never once suggested limiting my portions. Since the new list of free foods says “no need to weigh, measure, or track” these foods, unless a leader adds “in moderation,” it sounds like a free for all!

Thank you, @MrsHarryWinston! My point exactly!

@HellYeahItsKriss My WW location in Illinois has a separate room for weigh in. That was nice. It should be private. Maybe the idea is to humiliate us into sticking with it.

@Dnarules I got the new info this morning. I’m going to continue to track on MFP but also going to try to track in their tracker - continuing to eat Keto. I’m curious how many points I’m eating in their plan. I bet a bunch! And I’m losing every week. 20# since mid-July.

That would be interesting to track while on keto WW points really demonize fat.
  • HellYeahItsKriss
    HellYeahItsKriss Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    Maybe.. they could of changed a lot since then... if i was maybe 14-15 at that time and i am 31 now, a lot could of changed with their weigh in methods..

That being said, nova scotia sucks for everything... when i was younger i joined a boys and girls club and these clubs are supposed to be for kids to have after school activities until their parents got off work.. the commercials often show them with nice facilities with tons of sports equipment and activities... however mine.. was a one room box with a tiny side room with nothing in each room except chairs.. the boys often brought their own hockey stuff and took up the main room to play and the rest of us were stuck in the small cubby hole off to the side. lol..
  • ZoneFive
    ZoneFive Posts: 570 Member
    Options
    Dnarules wrote: »
    I tried Weight Watchers once and that public weigh in where you stand in front of everybody like your waiting at the gates to get scanned at an airport was enough to mortify me at the age of whatever teenage age I was at when I joined for me to never go back

We didn't do that. We had stations, and your weigh in was private. No one knew whether you lost or gained.

Unfortunately some areas -- or anyway, some weighers -- don't abide by that. I was well past my teens and that could be pretty unnerving.
  • Dnarules
    Dnarules Posts: 2,081 Member
    Options
    ZoneFive wrote: »
    I tried Weight Watchers once and that public weigh in where you stand in front of everybody like your waiting at the gates to get scanned at an airport was enough to mortify me at the age of whatever teenage age I was at when I joined for me to never go back

We didn't do that. We had stations, and your weigh in was private. No one knew whether you lost or gained.

Unfortunately some areas -- or anyway, some weighers -- don't abide by that. I was well past my teens and that could be pretty unnerving.

Oh, I agree. I probably would have quit sooner if that had been the case. My point was just they are not all the same.
  • ktekc
    ktekc Posts: 879 Member
    Options

I did WW when i was a teenager,my grandmother took me. We did weigh ins behind a screen when we showed up. If you showed up late and the meeting had already started you got weighed in after. no one knew anything unless you told them.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    ktekc wrote: »

I did WW when i was a teenager,my grandmother took me. We did weigh ins behind a screen when we showed up. If you showed up late and the meeting had already started you got weighed in after. no one knew anything unless you told them.

When we went, you weighed in the open, but the screen with the weight on it was right in front of the recorder and they didn't say it out loud - just wrote it down
  • newheavensearth
    newheavensearth Posts: 870 Member
    Options
    I'm trying the new program as a free Lifetime member. Day one went smooth. I ate a ham and cheese wrap with grapes for breakfast. Chow mein, half egg roll, more grapes, and fried rice for lunch. Dinner will be grilled chicken, corn, broccoli (the "zero point foods") and Halo Top for dinner. Still within my points. Used half my exercise calories, so I'm still at a deficit too. Everything was weighed. I don't care if it's zero I will always weigh, measure, and log it. What I do notice is that I don't feel guilty for my food choices though. Lunch would have made me feel like garbage on the Smart Points debacle.
  • newheavensearth
    newheavensearth Posts: 870 Member
    Options
    And there's always the option of tracking it anyway even if it is zero. I'm not food or calorie blind because foods are zero. My diary is open. Not as exciting, but its all there.