Has Weight Watchers gone insane?

I haven't done WW in years but I like to keep up with their program changes and on the new Freestyle program, protein sources and some starchy vegetables are now 0 point foods? Do they realize how many extra calories a day their members can injest on just chicken and peas alone?

I kind of want to bust into a meeting and ask, "WTF??"

Replies

• Dnarules
    Dnarules Posts: 2,081 Member
    People think of Whole Foods as too much food because they're not looking at the abstract concept

People go... Who eats a whole pineapple but the point is is that nobody is sitting down and eating a whole pineapple it's the fact that they are eating their meals on top of consuming a pineapple 450 calories of pineapple whether it's spread out over one day or two days or 3 days is still going to take up a nice chunk of your deficit if the pineapple is not just going to be a meal and is being considered a free food that doesn't count as anything

I get your point, and I left WW's so I don't want to spend a lot of time defending them :). When I did WW's, with the number of points I got, I was only eating 900 to 1200 calories, depending ony choices. They recommended 2 fruit servings and 3 veggie servings, I assume to round out calorie intake and encourage fruit and veggie intake. At that time, starchy veggies cost points. And we were never encouraged to just eat a bunch of fruit. That may not be true for all WW groups.
  • Dnarules
    Dnarules Posts: 2,081 Member
    I tried Weight Watchers once and that public weigh in where you stand in front of everybody like your waiting at the gates to get scanned at an airport was enough to mortify me at the age of whatever teenage age I was at when I joined for me to never go back

We didn't do that. We had stations, and your weigh in was private. No one knew whether you lost or gained.