Let it GO! Decluttering (simplifying) your life of (people, places or things) success stories?

Replies

• Sunshinelinzee
    Sunshinelinzee Posts: 49 Member

{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{ <3 Sunshinelinzee <3 }}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}
    Absolutely, positively, WOW!!!!! What a sheer unadulterated thrill it is to read what you've wrote and are experiencing. 100% inspirational and encouraging as all get out. You, my dear, are a first class winner and ALL time champion and YOU so ROCK, period.

Thank you ever so much for posting here. Reading your post is a refreshing breath of SUPER fresh air--YAY YOU!
    <3o:)<3

P.S. BOOOM!!!!

Awww thank you so much. Make no mistake though....none of it has been easy. It’s still not easy. I know I make the ‘just jump’ sound like a breeze but it’s really been one of the hardest things I’ve done. Once I made that first big decision to accept the new and quit the old job there was really no turning back - despite the fact that I was in a constant state of panic once the wheels were in motion my only option was to move forward cause there was nothing to go back to. It’s hard, it’s emotional and it’s scary to reinvent ourselves - that’s just a fact. I by no means have it all figured out, I feel like I’m floundering at least half the time. But that’s ok, it’s just all a part of my journey.

• snoo61
    snoo61 Posts: 549 Member
    RubyRed427 wrote: »
    I love your thread. I haven’t posted in awhile but am compelled to say “thank you so much” to the people who speak about getting rid of toxic people. My soon to be ex husband wasn’t toxic but I never felt good, felt at peace, felt loved, my weight ballooned, drank alcohol much more and so on. I know I’m responsible for my actions and feelings but some people are just not good for us. It’s like consuming a food that makes you feel awful, bloated. I’m not saying it right, but I am currently de-cluttering for a move to a 900 sq. Foot apartment and divorcing after 24 years. And as I am packing and streamlining 24 years of married stuff into boxes, I am finding that I keep saying “oh that’s good stuff, I’ll sell it on EBay.” And I’m starting to hold on to things that I plan to sell. I think that’s unhealthy for me. I am packing things to sell them one day. I have to get serious and get rid of stuff I don’t want in my apartment or that is usable in my new place.

Anyway, I came on this thread for inspiration and I got it today. I’ll go back to streamlining, donating and trashing anything not useable to someone..... There is no point for me to continue to keep things in case I sell it one day. Just thinking out loud.

I felt the same way while married to my ex. He was toxic, but feeling that way was the reason I was not bothered by the suggestion of divorce. If someone loves you, you feel good about yourself...always. Its impressive that you have decided you are worth it!
  • RubyRed427
    RubyRed427 Posts: 4,154 Member
    brenn24179 wrote: »
    yes it feels so good to get rid of people who don't want to be close to you even if family members. I have taken care of myself and find people who I can be close to, healthy people. Acceptance has helped me so much, painful but it has been a good thing. Like the lady above, I never felt good, felt at pace, felt loved, weight ballooned. Yes, some people are just not good for us. Now being with people and food that makes me feel good about myself.

Thanks Brenn and @snoo61 It’s very empowering to go with your instinct despite what others around you may say. We all have that little voice inside that leads us and this time we listened and made a change. :)
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    NewLIFEstyle4ME Posts: 4,440 Member
    snoo61 wrote: »
    I love your thread. I haven’t posted in awhile but am compelled to say “thank you so much” to the people who speak about getting rid of toxic people. My soon to be ex husband wasn’t toxic but I never felt good, felt at peace, felt loved, my weight ballooned, drank alcohol much more and so on. I know I’m responsible for my actions and feelings but some people are just not good for us. It’s like consuming a food that makes you feel awful, bloated. I’m not saying it right, but I am currently de-cluttering for a move to a 900 sq. Foot apartment and divorcing after 24 years. And as I am packing and streamlining 24 years of married stuff into boxes, I am finding that I keep saying “oh that’s good stuff, I’ll sell it on EBay.” And I’m starting to hold on to things that I plan to sell. I think that’s unhealthy for me. I am packing things to sell them one day. I have to get serious and get rid of stuff I don’t want in my apartment or that is usable in my new place.

Anyway, I came on this thread for inspiration and I got it today. I’ll go back to streamlining, donating and trashing anything not useable to someone..... There is no point for me to continue to keep things in case I sell it one day. Just thinking out loud.

I felt the same way while married to my ex. He was toxic, but feeling that way was the reason I was not bothered by the suggestion of divorce. If someone loves you, you feel good about yourself...always. Its impressive that you have decided you are worth it!

Words of wisdom and life Snoo! Thank you for ALWAYS contributing something meaningful and encouraging on this thread to US. I super Love you and you too Rubyred {{{{{{{ Hugs }}}}}}}}}

• NewLIFEstyle4ME

Absolutely, positively, WOW!!!!! What a sheer unadulterated thrill it is to read what you've wrote and are experiencing. 100% inspirational and encouraging as all get out. You, my dear, are a first class winner and ALL time champion and YOU so ROCK, period.

Thank you ever so much for posting here. Reading your post is a refreshing breath of SUPER fresh air--YAY YOU!

P.S. BOOOM!!!!

Awww thank you so much. Make no mistake though....none of it has been easy. It’s still not easy. I know I make the ‘just jump’ sound like a breeze but it’s really been one of the hardest things I’ve done. Once I made that first big decision to accept the new and quit the old job there was really no turning back - despite the fact that I was in a constant state of panic once the wheels were in motion my only option was to move forward cause there was nothing to go back to. It’s hard, it’s emotional and it’s scary to reinvent ourselves - that’s just a fact. I by no means have it all figured out, I feel like I’m floundering at least half the time. But that’s ok, it’s just all a part of my journey.

I think I LOVE this reply, as much as your initial post. Girlfriend, this is LIFE and REAL and MEGA important what you've written here.

My earthly father used to tell me so many things in regards to what you've written. So many things I just automatically put in the "crazy old coot" box. Things like:

"What doesn't kill you will make you stronger"
    "No, pain No gain--not guts, no glory"
    "No one ever promised you a rose garden, just keep on living"
    "If it looks or sounds too good to be true, it probably is--nothing is life is free"

Stuff like that, I counted as "eye-roll" worthy--but now that I'm much older, I SEE that he wasn't a "crazy old coot" but a super wise man. What you've accomplished is not only MEGA HARD/DIFFICULT on-goingly tough, but so very admirable too, so very YES Ma'am--do that thang AND so very "hmmmmph--if she DARED to do something about her UGH-YUCK...I CAN TOO encouraging. Thank you EVER so very much for this post--you're winner, period.
    {{{{ Hugs }}}}
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    edited May 2019

{{{{{{{{ Hugs and mega ultra LOVE }}}}}}}}}}} You are one strong, wise, brave, beautiful woman and I am so cheering you on. If there is ever ANYTHING I can do for you--don't hesitate to let me know. You are on your way to a place that is filled with peace, excitement, adventure, hope and strength. Will it be hard...will there be struggle? Yep, but I somehow I know your life is going to change for the absolute better and and I am absolutely HAPPY for you. You are a true survivor and again, I LOVE you and am so thrilled that you've posted. Your post is going to help a lot of people that you will never hear from. YAY and SUPER YAY YOU!!!!! YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! <3o:)<3
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    I too, have "decluttered" family from my life. Sometimes its the only way you can continue to be you. Sometimes I regret the choice was forced on me, but I have never regretted the choice. God bless us.

Girlllllllll...truer words have never been spoken. Thank you again Snoo for posting here and helping so many people, including lil ole me!
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    cory17 wrote: »

P.S. BOOOM!!!!

Wow - I applaud you for bravery! Sounds like night/day positive changes and you sound much happier.

"Ditto" and I applaud you Cory for ALWAYS posting/contributing such positivity, encouragement and inspiration on here. Your contributions/posts are helping more people than you will ever know, including me. Thank you for being you Cory--BOOM!
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    brenn24179 wrote: »
    yes it feels so good to get rid of people who don't want to be close to you even if family members. I have taken care of myself and find people who I can be close to, healthy people. Acceptance has helped me so much, painful but it has been a good thing. Like the lady above, I never felt good, felt at pace, felt loved, weight ballooned. Yes, some people are just not good for us. Now being with people and food that makes me feel good about myself.

Wow and BOOM, Thank you Brenn ever so very much for posting here. What an excellent, helpful and encouraging contribution. You're a winner, period. {{{{ Hugs }}}} o:)<3o:)
  • RubyRed427
    RubyRed427 Posts: 4,154 Member

{{{{{{{{ Hugs and mega ultra LOVE }}}}}}}}}}} You are one strong, wise, brave, beautiful woman and I am so cheering you on. If there is ever ANYTHING I can do for you--don't hesitate to let me know. You are on your way to a place that is filled with peace, excitement, adventure, hope and strength. Will it be hard...will there be struggle? Yep, but I somehow I know your life is going to change for the absolute better and and I am absolutely HAPPY for you. You are a true survivor and again, I LOVE you and am so thrilled that you've posted. Your post is going to help a lot of people that you will never hear from. YAY and SUPER YAY YOU!!!!! YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! <3o:)<3

You are so amazing in your enthusiasm and encouragement to all of us!!! I love you too! Thanks for being a total inspiration to me and many, many others! <3
  • snoo61

Words of wisdom and life Snoo! Thank you for ALWAYS contributing something meaningful and encouraging on this thread to US. I super Love you and you too Rubyred {{{{{{{ Hugs }}}}}}}}}
    I too, have "decluttered" family from my life. Sometimes its the only way you can continue to be you. Sometimes I regret the choice was forced on me, but I have never regretted the choice. God bless us.

Girlllllllll...truer words have never been spoken. Thank you again Snoo for posting here and helping so many people, including lil ole me!

I love you too! By starting this wonderful thread you've started me on an adventure I've always wanted to go on, but had no idea how to book. Traveling through my past and letting it go, is giving me the freedom and joy to enjoy my future.
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    edited May 2019

You are so amazing in your enthusiasm and encouragement to all of us!!! I love you too! Thanks for being a total inspiration to me and many, many others! <3

ALL Glory to God alone and my absolute delight/pleasure and honor! Life is GOOD (even and especially when it "seems" like it's not) and it's thoughts/expressions that you've blessed me with that makes life even more filled with JOY and wonderful, much wanted/needed (by/in/to/with me) humility. Thanks for your reply Boo o:)

{{{{{{ <3 LOVE and Hugs <3 }}}}}}}}
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME

I love you too! By starting this wonderful thread you've started me on an adventure I've always wanted to go on, but had no idea how to book. Traveling through my past and letting it go, is giving me the freedom and joy to enjoy my future.

You're a beautiful person, inside and out and I truly appreciate you so much Snoo. If it weren't for YOU, this thread would have died out long ago. I've said it before and I'll say it again...YOU'RE THE BEST, period.
  • snoo61
    I hope my story could help someone going through this. I'm glad I came across this thread!

I consider this my psychological success story even though my body is loading at the time :smile:
    I was always told by my abusive father and step-mom that I'm ugly because I'm fat and that no man would ever love me. I was on the upper end of a normal weight on my BMI when they would tell me this and I was in swim/water polo/volleyball in high school. My father would make me wake up every morning to run 5 miles and then after school I would do 2 hours of practice with my respective teams. When I got home, I had to do more weight training. I would workout approximately 4 hours a day because I was forced to. It's part of my abusive upbringing...which flash forward until last year when I turned 27 years old and I had a mental breakdown. I have gained 80 pounds since high school and now I'm seen as a clown and an outsider to the family. My father continued the psychological abuse and I couldn't take it anymore and almost committed suicide last year a couple months before marrying my hubby. My husband was terrified to lose me and made me go to therapy. I was diagnosed with PTSD and wrote a no-contact letter to my family and uninvited them from my wedding. I have been 1 year without my family and I feel like I am now free. I have lost 27 pounds so far and I have about 50 more to go. I feel like a different person. The stresses from my family were really getting to me emotionally. I was so suicidal and now those thoughts never cross my mind. It was a very tough journey and I walked myself down the aisle on my wedding to start a brand new life with the people that I love and those that love me back.

If you're going through something like this, make sure to put your emotional health first. It's so tough when you feel like everything is crashing down. Once I took care of that, everything else fell into place. If anyone needs to talk, please message me. I would like to connect and maybe help you on your journey if you're going through something similar.

Thank you for sharing your success story! And congratulations for taking your control back! Now you have a clear path to happy ever after.
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    I hope my story could help someone going through this. I'm glad I came across this thread!

I consider this my psychological success story even though my body is loading at the time :smile:
    I was always told by my abusive father and step-mom that I'm ugly because I'm fat and that no man would ever love me. I was on the upper end of a normal weight on my BMI when they would tell me this and I was in swim/water polo/volleyball in high school. My father would make me wake up every morning to run 5 miles and then after school I would do 2 hours of practice with my respective teams. When I got home, I had to do more weight training. I would workout approximately 4 hours a day because I was forced to. It's part of my abusive upbringing...which flash forward until last year when I turned 27 years old and I had a mental breakdown. I have gained 80 pounds since high school and now I'm seen as a clown and an outsider to the family. My father continued the psychological abuse and I couldn't take it anymore and almost committed suicide last year a couple months before marrying my hubby. My husband was terrified to lose me and made me go to therapy. I was diagnosed with PTSD and wrote a no-contact letter to my family and uninvited them from my wedding. I have been 1 year without my family and I feel like I am now free. I have lost 27 pounds so far and I have about 50 more to go. I feel like a different person. The stresses from my family were really getting to me emotionally. I was so suicidal and now those thoughts never cross my mind. It was a very tough journey and I walked myself down the aisle on my wedding to start a brand new life with the people that I love and those that love me back.

If you're going through something like this, make sure to put your emotional health first. It's so tough when you feel like everything is crashing down. Once I took care of that, everything else fell into place. If anyone needs to talk, please message me. I would like to connect and maybe help you on your journey if you're going through something similar.

{{{{{{{{{ Hugs and The Highest of Fives for being a winner and survivor of mega YUCK }}}}}}}}}}}
    What filthy abuse and you've brought up such an important point, that abuse is NOT just physical...but emotional and spiritual too. Emotional abuse is shockingly common and often ignored/discounted/excused. I'm so sorry this happened to you and am THRILLED that you recognized (because emotional abuse is HARD to recognize and more often than not accepted/received/embraced as "normal") this abuse and rather than continuing to "go along to get along" threw down the gauntlet and LET IT GO AND DON'T LOOK BACK. I'm also thrilled that you have a beloved husband that loves you and is your friend.

We live in a society filled with sociopaths/psychopaths/narcissists/ crazy-makers and just plain evil/wicked people (that the bible calls "FOOLS".) We are constantly surrounded by fools that call good evil and evil good--that calls light darkness and darkness light. We are inundated 24X7X365 with fools, foolishness and all kinds of YUCK constantly filling our ear-gates, eye-gates, hearts and minds with foolishness (aka wickedness/evil) and because we're all surrounded by this (via movies, music, social media, technology, the news/media in general--it's ALL around us and influences us to be abused or abusers and trained to not only "accept it" but LIKE/LOVE IT. --people are trained/programmed/brainwashed/mind-controlled to be either abusers or abused and again, except this as "normal or it's okay, because "we've always done it this way and/or everybody does it--so I'll just accept it and even do it--because that's how it is" That you have "escaped" from this "mess" is tremendous. Now here's the rub...NOT EVERYONE is an abuser nor abused. There are untold millions of people all around us that are NOT down with the YUCK society cheers and/or ignores. Society tried to deceive us into believing "everyone is like that", but it's a lie. It takes some work, but surrounding yourself with lovely people and getting the fools (sociopaths/psychopaths/crazymakers/narcissists--call them whatever you want, the bottom-line is they are FOOLS and you won't be able to change a fool, period. You must change yourself and again, surround yourself with "decent" people--which I'm so GLAD you've found in your husband.

Lastly, please hear me, any/everyone that reads this...LONELINESS is over-rated. Loneliness is a place where peace, growth/maturity and so many GOOD things happen in our lives. We can accomplish so much in this life embracing loneliness as a friend instead of a dreaded enemy social media, movies, music, and everything around us tries to and succeeds in making us believe is a fate worse than death. It's a LIE/DECEPTION. Again, embrace loneliness as a dear friend and use it to be a tool to get yourself to go out and help people, visit the elderly and sick, go outta your comfort zone to take the focus off of yourself and to help others. I'm telling you...IT'S ALL GOOD and will open doors for you that will be filled with peace, love and FUN!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!