Let it GO! Decluttering (simplifying) your life of (people, places or things) success stories?

Replies

• NewLIFEstyle4ME
    NewLIFEstyle4ME Posts: 4,440 Member
    edited June 2019
    snoo61 wrote: »
    @NewLIFEstyle4ME by becoming such a big loser, you've become a true Winner! Congratulations my friend!

Girrrllllll...IMMEDIATELY after I read your post, my mind thought of this:

Matthew 16:25 For whosoever will save his life shall lose it: and whosoever will lose his life for my sake shall find it.

o:)o:)<3o:)o:)

I have NEVER loved and appreciated being a "loser" so much in my life! Based on what my Jesus tells me (and I not only believe Him 100%, but have personally witnessed/experienced this truth (of losing my life FOR HIS SAKE to win, DAILY (minute by minute, day-by-day-24x7x365), not only in weight blastification, but in EVERY area of my entire life...to "truly" WIN, I've totally embraced being a "loser", period and BOOM!
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    edited June 2019
    I have been MIA on this group and missed so much. Everyone is doing so well. I need to get back on the decluttering train soon, but it has to wait until my wedding crafting is over.
    Love the Murphy beds, we decided last week that is what we need in our craft room. I am buying 1 bed and borrowing another for my guests coming.

It’s the best I can do right now.

Tracey

YAY <3 Tracey <3 ! So happy to hear from you and as always, cheering you ON!
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    susanmc31 wrote: »
    My kitchen has been bothering me for a while now, so when the kids were away at their grandparents I started to pull stuff out of the cupboards and wash them and decided to get rid of a bunch of stuff that we no longer use. I have a big kitchen and I still have a couple of cupboards and the pantry to do. Once that's done, I'll be working on my dining room and my bedroom. It's never ending but I'm hoping at some point when I get everything de-cluttered then I can wash all the walls in the house. It feels like a never ending battle but seeing everything in my kitchen having a designated spot is really helping my anxiety.

YAY Susan and thank you so much posting/contributing to this thread--so much like weight blastification, decluttering is truly and "never-ending" thing...but it gets easier and easier as we do and I liken decluterring continuously very much to "maintenance" in this blastification of the excess flab/fat, pounds/ounces and inches from out of/out of our hearts, minds and especially our bodies. <3o:)<3
  • snoo61
    snoo61 Posts: 549 Member
    My kitchen has been bothering me for a while now, so when the kids were away at their grandparents I started to pull stuff out of the cupboards and wash them and decided to get rid of a bunch of stuff that we no longer use. I have a big kitchen and I still have a couple of cupboards and the pantry to do. Once that's done, I'll be working on my dining room and my bedroom. It's never ending but I'm hoping at some point when I get everything de-cluttered then I can wash all the walls in the house. It feels like a never ending battle but seeing everything in my kitchen having a designated spot is really helping my anxiety.

It seems never ending, I agree, but the freedom of ridding yourself of unnecessary things clears your mind.
    I'm hoping that if I get through everything, I'll have some sort of system to keep it up! I'm trying to establish habits as I go. I've slacked off, but trying to add something at least once a week and maintain what I've accomplished.
    NONE OF US ARE ALONE IN THIS!
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME

It seems never ending, I agree, but the freedom of ridding yourself of unnecessary things clears your mind.
    I'm hoping that if I get through everything, I'll have some sort of system to keep it up! I'm trying to establish habits as I go. I've slacked off, but trying to add something at least once a week and maintain what I've accomplished.
    NONE OF US ARE ALONE IN THIS!

ALL of this and especially the last sentence! o:)<3o:)

• snoo61
    I don't know why, but all my "get up and go" got up and went!
    Gotta find something to inspire me!
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    edited June 2019

{{{{{{{ LOVE and HUGS }}}}}}} Girlfriend, as with everything, you're not alone. When I find myself at that place, it's usually because I'm not getting my proper sleep/rest. Reading The Bible REALLY helps me get my JOY on and inspires/encourages me too--big time, soooo much! Rest can be different from sleep too, sometimes just lying down and chilling with a nice candle or some really beautiful soothing music helps me. OR taking an extravagant hot bath (with a tub filled with scented epson salts, bubbles, bath bombs, perfumed oils or if that's can't be done, taking a hot bath and making bubbles with shampoos or something like that. Getting out of the tub and pampering yourself with some body lotions and perfume and then taking a good ole nap works too. Sometimes watching a documentary on some troubled or war torn place around the world and our country, helps me to snap out of feeling BLAH and get my grateful on. Also watching some fun old school movies like My Fair Lady, Fiddler on the Roof, The sound of Music, The King and I, Gone with the Wind or something else nice you liked and haven't seen in a long time too. I also have some CUTE adult coloring books and colored pencils and pens and that snaps me out of the blahs too. Whatever it is that's demotivating you, I'm going to be praying for you my friend, starting RIGHT NOW! Here's some other stuff that may help:

https://www.happier.com/blog/25-ways-to-feel-happier-in-the-next-5-minutes/

https://www.smartliving365.com/17-ways-to-deal-with-the-blahs/

Once more, you are so LOVED <3<3<3 Snoo <3<3<3 {{{{{{{ BIG Hugs again}}}}}}}}}}}

31047969_456767064779540_8288099808153960448_n.jpg

7b3adb9ad6becf342a257bad85f30dca.png

Loading-Penguin-Hugs-3.jpg
  • cory17
    cory17 Posts: 1,338 Member

Schedule something?
    Plan a party?
    When my mother is staying over or people coming by, or leaving for travel THEN I'll get it done.
    Or tell yourself "just 5 minutes". Once you start, it builds momentum.
  • snoo61

{{{{{{{ LOVE and HUGS }}}}}}} Girlfriend, as with everything, you're not alone. When I find myself at that place, it's usually because I'm not getting my proper sleep/rest. Reading The Bible REALLY helps me get my JOY on and inspires/encourages me too--big time, soooo much! Rest can be different from sleep too, sometimes just lying down and chilling with a nice candle or some really beautiful soothing music helps me. OR taking an extravagant hot bath (with a tub filled with scented epson salts, bubbles, bath bombs, perfumed oils or if that's can't be done, taking a hot bath and making bubbles with shampoos or something like that. Getting out of the tub and pampering yourself with some body lotions and perfume and then taking a good ole nap works too. Sometimes watching a documentary on some troubled or war torn place around the world and our country, helps me to snap out of feeling BLAH and get my grateful on. Also watching some fun old school movies like My Fair Lady, Fiddler on the Roof, The sound of Music, The King and I, Gone with the Wind or something else nice you liked and haven't seen in a long time too. I also have some CUTE adult coloring books and colored pencils and pens and that snaps me out of the blahs too. Whatever it is that's demotivating you, I'm going to be praying for you my friend, starting RIGHT NOW! Here's some other stuff that may help:

Once more, you are so LOVED <3<3<3 Snoo <3<3<3 {{{{{{{ BIG Hugs again}}}}}}}}}}}

Thank you my friend, I think its sleep related. The links were informative, and I love the old movies idea!
  • snoo61
    cory17 wrote: »

Schedule something?
    Plan a party?
    When my mother is staying over or people coming by, or leaving for travel THEN I'll get it done.
    Or tell yourself "just 5 minutes". Once you start, it builds momentum.

Thank you Cory, these are also great suggestions! I'm going to go do paperwork filing for 5 minutes, and go from there. :)
  • snoo61
    On Monday, I finally let some stuff go to an antique dealer. Most of it was my parent's stuff that I was just holding onto - as if clutching it all tight would make the loss of them easier to deal with. I still have a lot to let go of and some more stuff will go in a neighbor's yard sale and more yet probably to this dealer so it was a start. I also know the dealer got a steal but I'm glad these things will hopefully bring happiness to someone, as they did my parents; at least it's better than being stuck in boxes for 15 years in a damp, dark basement. It's not easy and I'm dealing with fresh grief at letting it go, but so far I'm not turning to food for comfort as I did for so many years. Progress!

Progress indeed! Congratulations are in order, for making such hard decisions. Its heartbreaking sometimes, but as you said, better for someone to love it.
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    On Monday, I finally let some stuff go to an antique dealer. Most of it was my parent's stuff that I was just holding onto - as if clutching it all tight would make the loss of them easier to deal with. I still have a lot to let go of and some more stuff will go in a neighbor's yard sale and more yet probably to this dealer so it was a start. I also know the dealer got a steal but I'm glad these things will hopefully bring happiness to someone, as they did my parents; at least it's better than being stuck in boxes for 15 years in a damp, dark basement. It's not easy and I'm dealing with fresh grief at letting it go, but so far I'm not turning to food for comfort as I did for so many years. Progress!

(((((( HUGS )))))) Your post is so touching and inspirational too. You're a winner, period. Thank you ever so very much for posting/contributing to this thread. <3o:)<3
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    edited June 2019

Thank you my friend, I think its sleep related. The links were informative, and I love the old movies idea!

I'm so glad my friend!!!!
    Update: I filed paperwork for about 10 minutes, then went and cleaned the kitchen. Hubby and I watched a movie tonight, too. Thanx for the suggestions!

BOOM! You're a really terrific inspiration. I'm THRILLED that you're doing better and got A LOT of stuff done too--YAY YOU and
    {{{ Hugs }}}. Snoo, thank you so much for posting and for being YOU! o:)<3o:)
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    Well, the need to declutter has finally reached it's pinnacle as we are in the process of buying a house and will get the keys on July 4th!

I told DH that I wanted to get a skip to throw things into but said that he would rather buy a trailer and take it to the local household recycling centre as at least we have something physical for our money (and the two cost about the same anyway).

I am just, ever so, excited. Eight years of living in a rental has been awful, I have not felt properly secure in all of that time. Did I say that I am just ever so excited?

Super mega CONGRATS on your new home and new "lease" on life. Here's to cheering you and your hubby on!
    {{{{ Hugs and the highest of fives }}}}}} Thanks so much for your contribution to this thread as well.
  • ksharrell48
    ksharrell48 Posts: 170 Member
    Thanks so much for your kind words, NewLIFE and Snoo61; it means a lot.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!