Let it GO! Decluttering (simplifying) your life of (people, places or things) success stories?

Replies

• NewLIFEstyle4ME
    NewLIFEstyle4ME Posts: 4,440 Member
    Thanks so much for your kind words, NewLIFE and Snoo61; it means a lot.

My absolute honor and pleasure. It's so ummmm, encouraging/empowering to hear someone taking a tough/HARD/difficult and serious situation and turning it into something better--again, super impressive and again YAY YOU! <3o:)<3
  • snoo61
    snoo61 Posts: 549 Member
    This week's decluttering is the bathrooms. Not a lot of decluttering to do in the spare, so I scrubbed the tub. :)
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    snoo61 wrote: »
    This week's decluttering is the bathrooms. Not a lot of decluttering to do in the spare, so I scrubbed the tub. :)

Yes honey...BOOM! How thrilling that there's not a lot of decluttering to do in the spare room, that's fabulous girl!
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    Just some things to think about--"food" for thought!

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT9HBEEcdI_-yHhu7OeJQLDw5V0uZnNfbBA46y0vsect5noNYqsgg

0514bc56541bff3132158595690f93f0faa83d.jpg?v=3

watchyourthoughts600px.jpg

caterpillar-became-a-butterfly-feel-good-quote-1.png
  • snoo61

The stairs one made me laugh out loud!
  • shelsrevenge
    shelsrevenge Posts: 16 Member
    Thank you for sharing this, for me weight loss and cleaning up have gone hand in hand, I have found that cleaning up provides a sufficient distraction for the cravings so that I can figure them out, i.e. are they hunger? boredom? other feelings? The benefit to cleaning everything and to getting rid of much unused items is that I feel lighter, not only in my body, but my home too. Still have a few areas to go for cleaning/organizing. Thinking I am going to tackle the kitchen cupboards and the pantry this weekend!
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    Thank you for sharing this, for me weight loss and cleaning up have gone hand in hand, I have found that cleaning up provides a sufficient distraction for the cravings so that I can figure them out, i.e. are they hunger? boredom? other feelings? The benefit to cleaning everything and to getting rid of much unused items is that I feel lighter, not only in my body, but my home too. Still have a few areas to go for cleaning/organizing. Thinking I am going to tackle the kitchen cupboards and the pantry this weekend!

My absolute pleasure and THANK YOU for posting/contributing to this thread. I LOVE how you're using decluttering as a "distraction", that is so wise and powerful and inspirational of you. Girlfriend, that's the TRUTH about being in a cleaner less cluttered or clutter free environment, you DO feel lighter in mind, body and soul/spirit. I'm a witness to that. You're fabulous, period. Here's to cheering you on as you seek and destroy/LET IT GO AND DON'T LOOK BACK at the clutter/excess/mess from the cupboards and pantry. YAY YOU!!!!
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME

Me too...this one, I've been mediating/considering/thinking about and hiding in my heart BIG TIME:

and this one that's like it:

baca731c45aa69322a596cbd55b48ba2.jpg
  • snoo61

Me too...this one, I've been mediating/considering/thinking about and hiding in my heart BIG TIME:

Yep, that's me, 3 ring circus. I might have it down to 2 rings at least!
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME

Yep, that's me, 3 ring circus. I might have it down to 2 rings at least!

:D<3:D I LOVE the way you think Snoo...you are soooo funny AND thought provoking too
  • Evamutt
    Evamutt Posts: 2,255 Member
    I have way too many tops. Many of them I put away for the season then bring them out again the next season & have been doing it for years, but there's some I just don't wear. It's so hard to get rid of them when I still like them & they fit (but I don't wear them) . I'm thinking of putting them in a bag in the closet & if I don't wear or miss them, then I'll donate them.
  • snoo61
    Evamutt wrote: »
    I have way too many tops. Many of them I put away for the season then bring them out again the next season & have been doing it for years, but there's some I just don't wear. It's so hard to get rid of them when I still like them & they fit (but I don't wear them) . I'm thinking of putting them in a bag in the closet & if I don't wear or miss them, then I'll donate them.

That's a good idea.
  • snoo61
    Spending the weekends burning wood at the rental house. Hubby's sawing wood, clearing the yard, and mowing.
  • Gisel2015
    Gisel2015 Posts: 4,130 Member
    Spending the weekends burning wood at the rental house. Hubby's sawing wood, clearing the yard, and mowing.

Very exiting weekends snoo :D:D but I bet that you are still burning some cals.
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    Evamutt wrote: »

Good for you, and I am a witness that the things (excess stuff that maybe cute or even gorgeous and valuable but taking up space and/or collecting dust). Once you get rid of them, you will NOT even miss them one wit--I can promise that. It seems like you will, but you really won't. That you are even considering getting rid of some excess stuff is tremendous--YAY YOU!
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME

Go Mr. & Mrs. Snoo--y'all got it going on, period.
  • snoo61
    Gisel2015 wrote: »

Very exiting weekends snoo :D:D but I bet that you are still burning some cals.

:smiley: So exciting! I'd better be burning something other than wood! :D
  • 150poundsofme
    150poundsofme Posts: 523 Member
    There are so many different charity trucks that will come right to your house and pick up your clothes etc. Plus I have given away clothes and stuff to friends. I don't feel bad about releasing these things because I know someone else can use it. Over a year ago I detoxed from a friend and didn't shed one tear. She was a liar and troublemaker so good riddance to bad rubbish. Went through all the kids' old toys etc. and donated so much. I still have more stuff to do in the house. One thing I can't seem to shake yet are magazines. I cannot stop tearing out articles, recipes, drug store finds etc. Those make the biggest mess in my house. I was only allowing myself to read Us/People or Readers Digest but find I am still tearing out stuff like the jokes from Readers Digest. I am trying to same magazines when I go on vacation only so they are sitting in a pile. But sometimes I do grab one. I do find them relaxing to read and I do find some interesting articles or helpful hints...so still need help with that.
  • RetiredAndLovingIt
    RetiredAndLovingIt Posts: 1,394 Member
    I am not good about letting go of magazines either! Sometimes I just bite the bulllet & throw a bunch out without rechecking if there was an interesting article, lol.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!