Let it GO! Decluttering (simplifying) your life of (people, places or things) success stories?

Replies

• NewLIFEstyle4ME
    NewLIFEstyle4ME Posts: 4,440 Member
    edited May 2019
    Gisel2015 wrote: »
    @NewLIFEstyle4ME

Congratulations, well done! I think that if you remove the socks and the "bunnies", you will probably weigh less... :D

:D:D<3:D Just for and because I can and for my get tough(er) sake--I "try" to weight in with my clothes on now too ( used to always weigh-in with as little on as possible), just to make the "game" all that much tougher :dizzy: and to make sure the "wins" are even better than they look.
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    cory17 wrote: »
    @newlifestyle You are crushing it! I remember the prior photos and your waist is definitely fading away. Great job

Man oh MAN I love what you've said here--it's like you've given a cup of ice cold water to a "thirsty" person. BOOM!
  • snoo61
    snoo61 Posts: 549 Member
    @Sunshinelinzee, you will love the Murphy bed! I consider yard work, like you did, decluttering. If it bothers you, or needs to be done, it counts! Congrats on making it your yard!
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    Torxa wrote: »
    Since discovering this thread on January 16, I have decluttered over 1200 items.

BOOM! What super GOOD news and is just thrilling to know/think about. You ROCK, period. and thank you ever so very much for your contribution to this thread. How marvelous...you winner you! o:)<3o:)
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    #1 I LOVE the bunny slippers as well. #2 If we ever live anyplace again that has an extra room or space for guests I'm going murphy bed 100%. Ugh I just love things that are multi-functional! Just thinking of all those years we had a dedicated guest room with a big bed in it that got used by guests MAYBE once a year and otherwise just became a catch all space and an extra giant bed for cats. How different it would have been if we could have used the room differently the other 99.9% of the time! #3 I'm gonna have to do this pillow washing thing too!

So this weekend I de-cluttered my landscaping hahaha - is that even a thing? We have a mulch bed along the front of the house that had these hideous typical border shrubs and I just hated everything about them. It's winter 8 months out of the year here though so I've been stuck with them for a bit. Anyway - like a lunatic armed with a shovel I dug those suckers out of the ground and gave them to the neighbor for their weekend BBQ fire pit and planted an array of bee friendly, low water/drought friendly, low maintenance winter hardy perennials. Little bit of edging and a layer of mulch and it looks like a brand new home. During the nice months it will be lovely to look at and then at the end of the season they can just get chopped down to the ground leaving nothing in the way when we need to get a ladder up to clean the gutters and nothing getting creamed and destroyed when I have to rake all the snow off the roof! I know it seems like a weird thing to simplify but let's just say the last house had significant formal landscaping - like 10+ yards of mulch a year kind of landscaping and it was very expensive and timely to maintain. Now I can spend all my outdoor time in my veggie garden instead of trimming crappy thorny shrubs that I hate!

LOVE your user name!
    Uhhhhhhh...this post--honey your post fills my heart and mind with sheer unadulterated JOY!!!!!!!! Man, see, it's this type of being/doing/living/happenings that make me say/feel/know that life is good--all the time (even and especially when it seems like it's not and SUPER when it seems/feels like it is). You have and are accomplishing some super-star status wins and again, I'm so thrilled for you {{{{ LOVE and HUGS }}}}}. Thank you for your GIFT of posting here (because reading your post feels like I just got a wonderful gift of sorts. Thank you ever so VERY much for posting here--your post is going to touch untold numbers of people's hearts and minds and is going to help them/us in a multitude of ways.

{{{{{{{ Hugs once more and THE HIGHEST of fives to/for you }}}}}}}}}}} You're a first class winner and all time champion, period.

P.S. BOOOOOOOOOOOOOM! <3o:)<3
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    snoo61 wrote: »
    @Sunshinelinzee, you will love the Murphy bed! I consider yard work, like you did, decluttering. If it bothers you, or needs to be done, it counts! Congrats on making it your yard!

This times 1,000. <3
  • RetiredAndLovingIt
    RetiredAndLovingIt Posts: 1,394 Member
    I guess we kinda decluttered, too, then & I didn't add it to my chart, lol. We had 4 bushes out front that were ugly, & impossible to trim & look nice, so out they came & replaced them with 2 adorable little slow-growing spruce trees like I had in our other house. & a few flowers because I could not decide what type of perrenials to get. Oh well, good for this summer & can decide if that is how I want them to put perrenials in next year.
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    I guess we kinda decluttered, too, then & I didn't add it to my chart, lol. We had 4 bushes out front that were ugly, & impossible to trim & look nice, so out they came & replaced them with 2 adorable little slow-growing spruce trees like I had in our other house. & a few flowers because I could not decide what type of perrenials to get. Oh well, good for this summer & can decide if that is how I want them to put perrenials in next year.

Yep, gardening, mowing and weeding are super N.E.A.T exercises AND decluttering too for sure. Working to clean things up/get rid of stuff and or maintaining the yard and around the house is major league decluttering for sure--YAY YOU r.a.l.i!!!!

For anyone that doesn't know what N.E.A.T. exercising is...here's a post about it:
    Orphia wrote: »
    Since April 2015 when I started at MFP, I've lost 80 lbs and kept it off for 20 months. In that time, I've thrown out loads of old crap.

While I was losing weight, I had the pleasure of "shopping" in my wardrobe for skinnier clothes that fit me again.

I now fit all my favourite skinny clothes, and I've thrown out all my fat clothes. So many bags of clothes donated to the op shop!

I've also done a lot of spring-cleaning and de-cluttered the whole house, because I've become very active, and much less lazy.

NEAT (non-exercise activity thermogenesis calorie-burning for the win!)

I've thrown out loads of books, and worn-out linen, and kitchen crap. The house feels so much nicer to live in.

I think my decluttering inspired my husband, as he's done a lot himself with his things since I started.

I love this thread, it's a refreshing topic!

THANK YOU ever so much for posting this. It made me smile inside and out and is so very helpful, insightful and super encouraging! I really LOVE what you've said about "NEAT" ( NEAT (non-exercise activity thermogenesis calorie-burning for the win!) I've never heard of this before and again, I LOVE it!!! Also...just the way you've phrased everything is so powerful and joy inspiring. How I have to "blush" about "thrown out loads of books, and worn-out linen, and kitchen crap"...wow--likewise!

Lastly, my decluttering AND weight-loss quest and new mind-set as done something absolutely tremendous to my hubby and my relationship. We are soooo much closer now. We've always been very tight and deeply in love with one another, but we are just on a whole nother wave-length now and our entire way of communicating with each other is ultra FUN now and more COOL than ever. Relating to him now, our communication, respect, admiration and frankly love for each other and just our entire lives are blooming in ways that I can't fully explain here and I just love that!

Thank you again and again for contributing this most excellent reply--you so ROCK, period. <3o:)<3

Orphia posted this sometime ago, and I was especially blessed by her introducing me to the idea/most excellent way of exercising for me (burning cals, being more active (my daily exercise) in a more natural (for me), while/as I declutter my life of excess and messy "stuff" and at the exact same time, getting "stuff" done (where I can see immediate results (cleaner, prettier, more organized and sanity boosting surroundings, I love that.) So what Orphia taught me what I was actually doing is called:
    NEAT (I LOVE that), it stands for: (Non-Exercise Activity Thermogenesis). This NEAT business is so helping me burn fat and "get down to size",so to speak, much so much more--helping me to move this body of mine in ways that are not only helping me declutter and maintain my deculttering (daily), but helping me LET GO of a LOT of pounds and ounces in ways that are so helpful to me. I've been reading a thread on NEAT that is the bombdotcom on ideas and suggestions on how to get more NEAT in as we are decluttering the mess out of our lives.

I wanted to put that thread link on here, so in case you haven't seen it--get ready to be supper blessed and get some doable and tremendous ideas on burning more cals and getting slimmer and trimmer in every area of our lives, as we pursue the fabulous & fun "business" of being all about "NEAT"...literally and figuratively=BOOM! Here's the thread...check it out:

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10610953/neat-improvement-strategies-to-improve-weight-loss#latest

P.S. one of my NEAT activities(besides daily household chores) is walking to the store(instead of driving), carrying the groceries back. It's about a 2 or 3 or so mile back and forth and makes me feel like a champion too--walking to the store is so old school--I love it, it's "NEAT".
  • snoo61
    Back at the rental house tomorrow and Sunday, cleaning up the building materials that hubby piled up from inside. Hopefully we get it done and can get the dumpster picked up. Wish me luck, don't want him doing this by himself, too hot!
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    Back at the rental house tomorrow and Sunday, cleaning up the building materials that hubby piled up from inside. Hopefully we get it done and can get the dumpster picked up. Wish me luck, don't want him doing this by himself, too hot!

You're a wonderful wife and friend. Here's to cheering you and your Boo on :drinker: Let us know how it worked out and don't forget to fill up on some/lots of nice ice water while you guys are getting it together. YAY YOU and your husband! <3
  • cory17
    cory17 Posts: 1,338 Member
    Cleaned the top of my desk; and found couple cards have been looking for the last few weeks. :)
  • snoo61
    Cleaned the top of my desk; and found couple cards have been looking for the last few weeks. :)

NICE! I hope you found them in time. :)
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME

LOVE when that happens--YAY YOU and BOOM Cory! <3o:)<3
  • snoo61

You're a wonderful wife and friend. Here's to cheering you and your Boo on :drinker: Let us know how it worked out and don't forget to fill up on some/lots of nice ice water while you guys are getting it together. YAY YOU and your husband! <3

We got all the roof and ceiling debris cleaned up and loaded into the dumpster! We got most of it done Saturday. Thank God, because Sunday was sweltering! I fizzled out quickly.
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME

We got all the roof and ceiling debris cleaned up and loaded into the dumpster! We got most of it done Saturday. Thank God, because Sunday was sweltering! I fizzled out quickly.

BOOM! Man, hard work is so, ummmm...HARD, but when it's over--it's so rewarding. The highest of fives and super YAY YOU and your hubby.
  • snoo61
    @NewLIFEstyle4ME by becoming such a big loser, you've become a true Winner! Congratulations my friend!
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,669 Member
    I have been MIA on this group and missed so much. Everyone is doing so well. I need to get back on the decluttering train soon, but it has to wait until my wedding crafting is over.
    Love the Murphy beds, we decided last week that is what we need in our craft room. I am buying 1 bed and borrowing another for my guests coming.

It’s the best I can do right now.

Tracey
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!