Let it GO! Decluttering (simplifying) your life of (people, places or things) success stories?

Replies

• Gisel2015
    Gisel2015 Posts: 4,136 Member
    @BMcC9
    If you belong to a church or any other organization, you can donate what you don't need or want anymore. You can also reach to your local schools, including tech schools, to find out if they can use the patterns for sewing classes.

Some communities have a "neighborhood e-mail center" where people advertise the sale or give-away of items that they not longer need. Check if you have it in your community, and also check the link below. Good luck!

Where to Donate or Sell Your Old Sewing Patterns

https://www.thesprucecrafts.com/where-to-sell-old-sewing-patterns-2978104#:~:text=Donating Used Patterns 1 Goodwill or Salvation Army:,love the opportunity to sort through your treasures.
  • BMcC9
    BMcC9 Posts: 4,364 Member
    Thank you @RubyRed427 , @Gisel2015 , and @RetiredAndLovingIt for the pattern rehoming ideas. I will be checking out the www.sprucecrafts.com site in more detail, as it seems to have content of interest in more than one of my "craft and/or aspire-to craft " categories.
  • lauriekallis
    lauriekallis Posts: 4,612 Member
    RubyRed427 wrote: »
    What do you do with cards from special people?

I've been kinda stuck on this one myself. I was thinking to photograph them, and then part with the physical objects? Haven't done that yet - but that is my plan this summer. Thank goodness for digital photographs now. They take up so little space that having an "archive" folder of memorabilia doesn't seem so bad.
  • BMcC9
    My plan by the end of the weekend is to finish sewing the waistband on a skirt (diminishing the clutter of uncompleted projects) and getting all sewing paraphernalia neatly contained in one place. Allowing me me relocate off-season clothes into two newly-emptied tall-boy drawers in my bedroom. And do a "Route out ROT" pass on my work-at-home papers. (that's information-management speak for "Redundant / Obsolete / Trivial" ... like ToDo task - lists that are already weeks old; meeting notes once the Record of Decision has been posted; that kind of convenient-in-the-moment but past its' time and not of ongoing business OR reference value)
  • snoo61
    snoo61 Posts: 549 Member
    I started cleaning out our desk today. Sorted piles of paperwork, and filed or threw it out. Looks better, only have hours to go on it. Lol
  • BMcC9
    no ..... you aren't contemplating pattern / material match-ups YET . .... FIRST finish sewing paraphenalia round-up. THEN cut out next project!

(aren't you the least bit curious about "how all the clothes in the same room" is gonna go together ..... ONCE YOU FINISH EMPTYING THOSE TWO DRAWERS IN THE TALL BOY?
  • lacylucy1935
    lacylucy1935 Posts: 72 Member
    I too have been doing this, when I tackle a closet or drawer. Anything that I do not use or will not fit back into that space neatly has to go! Closet is my biggest challenge, hard to find pants that are comfortable & fit right so I have many! I love cloths but still working on cleaning that part out, and it does feel a lot better and easier to clean and keep that way!
  • snoo61
    snoo61 Posts: 549 Member
    We finished clearing out the desk. The new one arrived yesterday. This one has drawers so I'm hoping to keep this one dustable! Hubby might make it a struggle. We'll see.
  • SbetaK
    SbetaK Posts: 380 Member
    edited April 2021
    Thank you mssue18 and Gisel2015 for taking the time to share thoughts and sources with me, I really appreciate it. Hoping this challenge will be beneficial to both of us down the road, especially for my friend.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!