Let it GO! Decluttering (simplifying) your life of (people, places or things) success stories?

Replies

• RubyRed427
    RubyRed427 Posts: 4,154 Member
    THIS is soooooo GOOD, please check this out, as this darling has a whole bunch for tips and ideas that will help us tremendously is our battles WIN(s) and WINNING in decluttering AND organizing stuff--check it out:

ORGANIZE: 20 Ways to Clean, Purge and Organize Your Bedroom Closet that are Borderline GENIUS!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w7HLFJ1ZJFo

Soda pop top for hangers to save room ! Also love reusing shoe boxes for organizers ! And love hanging tank tops from tie rack! Thanks for the video ❤️
  • snoo61
    snoo61 Posts: 549 Member
    Hi all! I've been mia for a couple weeks. It's been a roller coaster ride lately. Hopefully, things are getting more "normal". I haven't been very productive in the decluttering dept. I have started washing the inside doors, trying to do 1 a day. Every little bit helps!
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    NewLIFEstyle4ME Posts: 4,440 Member
    snoo61 wrote: »
    Hi all! I've been mia for a couple weeks. It's been a roller coaster ride lately. Hopefully, things are getting more "normal". I haven't been very productive in the decluttering dept. I have started washing the inside doors, trying to do 1 a day. Every little bit helps!

Been thinking about you my friend. {{{{ <3 Hugs <3 }}}} on the roller coaster ride(s) lately. Every little steps does count and when "life" gets in the way, we give it it's way and then proceeds as usual, knowing life, "Murphy's Law" can and does show up, when we least expect it to...so as we "roll with the punches", we get knocked down, we pick ourselves up, dust ourselves off and start all over again!

LOVE you Snoo...tell Mr. Snoo I said "Hi"!!!! o:)<3o:)
  • snoo61

Been thinking about you my friend. {{{{ <3 Hugs <3 }}}} on the roller coaster ride(s) lately. Every little steps does count and when "life" gets in the way, we give it it's way and then proceeds as usual, knowing life, "Murphy's Law" can and does show up, when we least expect it to...so as we "roll with the punches", we get knocked down, we pick ourselves up, dust ourselves off and start all over again!

Thank you my friend. I'm getting less dusty every day lol.
  • Madwife2009
    Madwife2009 Posts: 1,369 Member
    edited August 2019
    when "life" gets in the way, we give it it's way and then proceeds as usual, knowing life, "Murphy's Law" can and does show up, when we least expect it to...so as we "roll with the punches", we get knocked down, we pick ourselves up, dust ourselves off and start all over again!

Never a truer thing said. I was talking to someone the other day who said that just when you think life is going along its straight road, you get thrown a curve ball. The comment that struck me most was that he said, "It's not WHAT happens to you, it's HOW you deal with it that matters." And he's right. A good philosophy.
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    edited August 2019

Thank you my friend. I'm getting less dusty every day lol.

Hahahahahahaha...LOVE the way you think Snoo!
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRh8nBcttZBPMKmrq1jdS2JYtPAscD3uqufEQEG1vNUtWyIR7oD
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    when "life" gets in the way, we give it it's way and then proceeds as usual, knowing life, "Murphy's Law" can and does show up, when we least expect it to...so as we "roll with the punches", we get knocked down, we pick ourselves up, dust ourselves off and start all over again!

Never a truer thing said. I was talking to someone the other day who said that just when you think life is going along its straight road, you get thrown a curve ball. The comment that struck me most was that he said, "It's not WHAT happens to you, it's HOW you deal with it that matters." And he's right. A good philosophy.

BOOM! That's the ticket, 100%!

• NewLIFEstyle4ME
    magairlin wrote: »
    Decluttering is very liberating but I only get rid of my own stuff. I leave my husband's stuff alone. I won't allow myself buy a new item of clothing unless I get rid of something already in my wardrobe. If I am throwing something out I say to myself "may all my bad luck go with you" and sometimes I say "I bless you with joy and release you from my life" . I still have lots of stuff, more books than I will ever read, more cds than I will ever listen to but not nearly as much stuff as I used to have and I am very happy with less clutter.

Honey...BOOM! I super love what you've written here. Thank you so much for your MAJOR contribution to this thread. I say "MAJOR" contribution because I've NEVER thought to think, let alone "say" to the stuff I get rid of anything at all. Wow, again, I just love it and what you've contributed with help folk get rid of stuff a bit more easily. YAY YOU!!!!! <3o:)<3

• snoo61
    magairlin wrote: »
    Decluttering is very liberating but I only get rid of my own stuff. I leave my husband's stuff alone. I won't allow myself buy a new item of clothing unless I get rid of something already in my wardrobe. If I am throwing something out I say to myself "may all my bad luck go with you" and sometimes I say "I bless you with joy and release you from my life" . I still have lots of stuff, more books than I will ever read, more cds than I will ever listen to but not nearly as much stuff as I used to have and I am very happy with less clutter.

I only get rid of my things also. If hubby gets inspired, that's wonderful. If something of his is in my way, (can't stay where it is) I ask him to find another place. It actually works better if I suggest a place.
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    edited September 2019
    HONEYYYYYY....I LOVE this super mega ULTRA fabulous tips on using good ole baking soda (EVERYWHERE inside and outside your home and a whole lot more). This is going to help your decluttering/cleaning gain something awesome. I use baking soda a lot around the house, but this video showed me so MANY other ways to use it that I never knew. You're going to love it too--check it out!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FwBy09hT4OU

• snoo61
    Well, hurricane season is here!
  • Gisel2015
    Gisel2015 Posts: 4,130 Member
    @snoo61
    Are you on Dorian's path? Dear Lord, I hope not, because that hurricane is a monster. Stay safe. <3
  • snoo61
    Gisel2015 wrote: »
    @snoo61
    Are you on Dorian's path? Dear Lord, I hope not, because that hurricane is a monster. Stay safe. <3

I'm in North Carolina, on the east coast. Its coming at us, but should be less monstrous by then. Praying for those in the Bahamas, they're getting pummeled.
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    edited September 2019
    @snoo61

I'm in North Carolina, on the east coast. Its coming at us, but should be less monstrous by then. Praying for those in the Bahamas, they're getting pummeled.

PLEASE Keep us posted my friend and as always praying for you and your family and friends to be alright and not be afraid.
    {{{{{{{{ <3o:)<3 LOVE and HUGS o:)<3o:) }}}}}}}}}
  • snoo61
    @snoo61

PLEASE Keep us posted my friend and as always praying for you and your family and friends to be alright and not be afraid.

Thank you my friend. It won't get here till Thursday. My family, in Florida, seem to be out of the line of fire, so I'm not afraid anymore. I'll keep everyone posted. Thank you all! <3
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    @snoo61

Thank you my friend. It won't get here till Thursday. My family, in Florida, seem to be out of the line of fire, so I'm not afraid anymore. I'll keep everyone posted. Thank you all! <3

So GLAD to hear Snoo---here's one more {{{{ <3 HUG <3 }}}} just because!
  • Gisel2015
    Gisel2015 Posts: 4,130 Member
    edited September 2019
    @unstableunicorn

Good for you! Finding balance in all aspects of our life is not easy to achieve, so I am happy that you did. Keep up the good work; your body and mind will reward you in kind. <3

Note: you should now change your user name to "stableunicorn" :D:D:D
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!