Let it GO! Decluttering (simplifying) your life of (people, places or things) success stories?

Replies

• PAPYRUS3
    PAPYRUS3 Posts: 13,259 Member
    Cozgirl40 wrote: »
    I'm doing double the decluttering. My husband and I inherited the house he grew up in. We've been emptying it out for 2 years.(complicated by his sister who thinks everything is worth a fortune and has a hard time letting go). We are going to renovate the house and move there. So I also have to clean out MY house to prepare for the move. We've lived in this house for 40 years. That's a lot of life to downsize.

That does sound like quite the project! How long do you have to have it all done?
  • PKM0515
    PKM0515 Posts: 2,937 Member
    I think I may have posted in this thread a long time ago, but it's so long I can't quite remember!

I got rid of a bunch of recyclables this week, but I'm especially happy that I safely got rid of a lot of old medicine (prescription and over the counter). I had stuff of mine, family members, and my sweet cat. One of the local police departments has a medication disposal "mailbox" in their lobby. My local Walgreens has one too, but every time I've gone it's been full. I never have that problem at the police station!

Here's another site that I like for de-cluttering motivation (Diane in Denmark's YouTube Channel):

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCbbm7p8Sk15fmeU0LWk7YwA

She references Flylady a lot, but other systems as well.

I know I'm a bit early, but I hope everyone has a great weekend!
  • Sand_TIger
    Sand_TIger Posts: 1,072 Member
    It is definitely a pain reducing clutter as an artist who is becoming active again. I'm taking care to have cases and such for everything now, consolidating when possible and it really helps. Self control is important too - I have to sometimes tell myself no on things, and I notice that has gotten a bit easier since I have learned self control in regards to food.
  • Gisel2015
    Gisel2015 Posts: 4,135 Member
    I found this article online today and I thought that it was well written, quite helpful and appropriate for this thread. Even if we don't need to reduce clutter, we always need to organize and re-organize. Check it out.

The 12 Golden Rules of Decluttering and Organizing Your Home
    https://housewifehowtos.com/get-organized/the-golden-rules-of-decluttering-and-organizing-your-home/
  • RubyRed427
    RubyRed427 Posts: 4,158 Member
    Gisel2015 wrote: »
    I found this article online today and I thought that it was well written, quite helpful and appropriate for this thread. Even if we don't need to reduce clutter, we always need to organize and re-organize. Check it out.

The 12 Golden Rules of Decluttering and Organizing Your Home
    https://housewifehowtos.com/get-organized/the-golden-rules-of-decluttering-and-organizing-your-home/

I love this article! Thanks for sharing!!!
  • PKM0515
    PKM0515 Posts: 2,937 Member
    Great article, @Gisel2015! Thank you for sharing it. :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!