Let it GO! Decluttering (simplifying) your life of (people, places or things) success stories?

Replies

• snoo61
    snoo61 Posts: 549 Member
    Gisel2015 wrote: »
    Who in the heck is clicking "disagree" in every posting?

I don't see any. You must have scared them! :D:D:D
  • snoo61
    I'm catching up on business paperwork today. Not much happening.
  • RelCanonical
    RelCanonical Posts: 3,882 Member
    When I checked the forum last night I saw that every posting had "disagree" marked. I scrawled back several pages, and I noticed that most of the postings had also "disagree." I thought that a troll had taken over the thread because he/she didn't like to be organized, but maybe it's is another MFP glitch. Glad that they are gone now.

I wonder if there was a disagree bot.
  • Gisel2015
    Gisel2015 Posts: 4,130 Member
    edited September 2019
    @RelCanonical
    I use the website, not the app, and as after I read your posting I went back several pages and noticed that page 69 and most of 70 still have "disagree" in all the postings. A troll or a glitch???
  • znaoiec
    znaoiec Posts: 1,982 Member
    Today we had ReStore pick up an outside grill today that a neighbor gave us two years ago. It is huge and has only been taking up space as we never used it once. It is such a great feeling to let go of something like this.

@Madwife2009 , you mention FB. Are you using the FB marketplace? I have been curious about this but don't want to post anything if it gets shared with my friend list. Any thoughts on this?
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    NewLIFEstyle4ME Posts: 4,440 Member
    edited September 2019
    Who in the heck is clicking "disagree" in every posting?
    When I checked the forum last night I saw that every posting had "disagree" marked. I scrawled back several pages, and I noticed that most of the postings had also "disagree." I thought that a troll had taken over the thread because he/she didn't like to be organized, but maybe it's is another MFP glitch. Glad that they are gone now.

Thanks G for noticing--yeah I see a LOT of disagrees on stuff that "disagree" doesn't "necessarily" make sense to me. Though I don't "get-it"...all those random "disagrees" makes me think/see that someone is "feeling" sad/mad or bad
    tumblr_pk3qg1aMFH1xakhj0o3_250.gif

and that makes me think thusly:
    tenor.gif

tumblr_mo1u8iUg2A1qc4uvwo1_400.gif
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    snoo61 wrote: »
    I'm catching up on business paperwork today. Not much happening.

Hey Snoo!

Hey girl {{{{waving "Hi"}}}}, catching up with paperwork is terrific--YAY!
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME

Garage cleared, the pile of recycling was the biggest ever and probably more than that of the other 73 houses put together. One bag of textiles, seven bags of plastic, four boxes of paper and three boxes of cardboard. Oh, plus a box of jars and tins. The council took the lot, which surprised me. One carload of stuff to the charity shop. Sorted out a load of stuff to put on eBay or Facebook this weekend. Big chest freezer cleaned and put in the garage.

Tomorrow the big fridge/freezer leaves my kitchen, then that can go on FB as well. Then I get my dishwasher and table back.

So awesome, so wonderful...WOW and BOOM and SUPER YAY YOU!!!!
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    brenn24179 wrote: »
    did not want to face the fact I have so many toxic people in my family and food distracted me. It has been a lot easier to lose the weight when I accept and distance myself. I guess taking care of myself with people and food, so people declutering for sure.

Girlllllll....HONEY----BOOM! I so understand 100% what you are saying and DOING! I can say FOR SURE, that "people decluttering" (as you say), is one of the MAIN/IMPORTANT reasons and factors for the weight melting off of me like butta, for real! YAY YOU..."people decluttering"--the answer is YES!
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    znaoiec wrote: »
    Today we had ReStore pick up an outside grill today that a neighbor gave us two years ago. It is huge and has only been taking up space as we never used it once. It is such a great feeling to let go of something like this.

@Madwife2009 , you mention FB. Are you using the FB marketplace? I have been curious about this but don't want to post anything if it gets shared with my friend list. Any thoughts on this?

Absolutely marvelous--YAY YOU and big ole BOOM!

Question...what's ReStore?
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    Just a brief note to say a HUGE and heart felt THANK YOU to everyone of you who have contributed to this thread. I'm so grateful to you ALL from page 1 to this page--y'all have help me and so MANY others so much...THANK YOU again and again for your posts/help/inspiration/encouragement!!!! <3o:)<3
  • Madwife2009
    Madwife2009 Posts: 1,369 Member

@znaoiec - I'm not sure how it works, I leave that to DH. He's sold a few things on it. I can ask him though, if his friends can see the stuff he sells. You could always set up a second account on FB, I suppose (I try to avoid FB so my knowledge is sketchy).
  • Madwife2009
    Madwife2009 Posts: 1,369 Member
    @znaoiec - DH says that friends can see any items for sale as one of his friends commented on an item he sold. DH also suggests setting up a second account (DH says that he has two accounts).

• snoo61
    Cleaned out my plastic canvas drawer today. I didn't realize how much junk I accumulated there! In all fairness, it probably wasn't junk, to me, when I put it there. I'm working on a Barbie nursery, an organized drawer makes it so much easier to find what I need!
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    edited September 2019
    @Madwife2009 Thanks for the info on FB. I will mull this over.

@NewLIFEstyle4ME ReStore is a resale/thrift store that is through the charity Habitat for Humanity (they build houses for people in need). They typically carry more 'hard' goods like furniture, lamps, appliances. They also have construction materials (cabinets, fixtures, doors etc) from people that have done remodels. We keep checking out their section of ceiling lamps that they have from people that have done remodels. They are way more current than our own and we are seeing if we can find just the right light. They were wiling to pick up our grill and will repaint the base and put in a new grill rack to make it a little nicer and then resell. Their store is a few stores down from our big Goodwill thrift store which sells more soft goods like clothes etc. For people who like to thrift, we have two very nice stores in our small town.

Also, I wanted to say thank you for starting this thread. As I mentioned, I have been following this thread for quite a while. I lost my weight two years ago but have always felt the clutter and weight are connected. About a year ago, I started working on the mental clutter and now I am staring to work on the physical clutter that surrounds me. It is a process but every step I take feels so positive.

I took off Friday which gives me an extra day to tackle paperwork matters with my mother but I hope to have Sat and Sun to devote to decluttering. I can't wait. I think I may even be having an impact on my husband, the packrat. :)

Happy weekend!

Thank you Z for this info on "ReStore" (I'd never heard of it before you mentioned it) and for your contribution to this thread. GOOD to know about another place that takes furniture and given to those in need! Also, super ULTRA congrats on getting down to size and staying there, that's sooooooo wonderful--YAY YOU. Girl, I can tell you, as you begin to get rid of "the clutter around you" something excellent and "positive" happens in and thru you that you will love and appreciate so much and anything you get rid of, you will NOT miss at all. You're doing so well and I'm THRILLED for you and so GLAD you're posting here--you're very encouraging! I'm cheering you on as well. <3o:)<3
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!