Calorie Counter

You are currently viewing the message boards in:

Let it GO! Decluttering (simplifying) your life of (people, places or things) success stories?

Replies

• Madwife2009Madwife2009 Posts: 1,330Member Member Posts: 1,330Member Member
    @snoo61 - here's the link to request a reset of your logging streak:

https://www.myfitnesspal.com/account/login_counter_reset_request

• snoo61snoo61 Posts: 517Member Member Posts: 517Member Member
    @snoo61 - here's the link to request a reset of your logging streak:

https://www.myfitnesspal.com/account/login_counter_reset_request

@Madwife, Thank you so much!
    So, the grandkids are great! (And exhausting lol) if I had this much push at home, every house in the neighborhood would be shining! Let's hope I can stay motivated when I get home.
    Hope you all are doing well!
    edited October 2019
  • RubyRed427RubyRed427 Posts: 2,338Member Member Posts: 2,338Member Member
    snoo61 wrote: »
    Well I made it to NY! I got so busy getting ready, I think I forgot to sign into MFP on Monday! I was at 797 days in a row! I guess I'll probably have to start over. Hope all of you are doing ok!

You don't have to start over. Just go to yesterday's food log and enter your food items.
  • Gisel2015Gisel2015 Posts: 3,018Member Member Posts: 3,018Member Member
    @RubyRed427
    Great job and double kudos for organizing and recycling <3 !!
    Hi all, I'm home! Probably starting work next week, so I'm getting ready for that. Today's declutter is craft supplies. I have to rearrange yarn drawers so I can have a drawer for leftover yarn, for dog rugs. :)
  • Gisel2015Gisel2015 Posts: 3,018Member Member Posts: 3,018Member Member
    Good job and plans @snoo61 !!!
    I am good in the declutting department, but I need to do some reorganization and drawers clean up too.
    This week is garden week; I am getting the pots ready with the fall and winter flowers (I live in the S. California desert and we take care of our gardens all year long). I don't have big plans for the Holidays so I can take my time organizing the rest of the house or rooms as I wish.

@Madwife2009
    You did good too!
    Gisel2015 wrote: »
    Good job and plans @snoo61 !!!
    I am good in the declutting department, but I need to do some reorganization and drawers clean up too.
    This week is garden week; I am getting the pots ready with the fall and winter flowers (I live in the S. California desert and we take care of our gardens all year long). I don't have big plans for the Holidays so I can take my time organizing the rest of the house or rooms as I wish.

@Madwife2009
    You did good too!

Fall and winter flowers are so beautiful! My white camillia bushes have started blooming, red ones will start in a couple months. I love having flowers all year!
  • RetiredAndLovingItRetiredAndLovingIt Posts: 657Member Member Posts: 657Member Member
    And they say we may have snow this week in Iowa! :'(
  • Madwife2009Madwife2009 Posts: 1,330Member Member Posts: 1,330Member Member
    And they say we may have snow this week in Iowa! :'(

Snow?? Wow! Keep warm and safe if it does snow.

Back on topic - have just decluttered the best part of twenty years' worth of paperwork. Some has to go in the loft as it's tax stuff and my dear Mum, who used to work for HM Inland Revenue, always told me to a) not mess with the tax man and b) always keep anything that s/he might be interested in.

But it will be out of the way and not cluttering my living space.

(and I'm still thrilled with my dishwasher)
  • neenaexpneenaexp Posts: 38Member Member Posts: 38Member Member
    I really love this thread! Is anyone available to be a decluttering accountability buddy to check in with everyday? If so, please add me as a friend.
    Thank you!
  • laurenq1991laurenq1991 Posts: 351Member Member Posts: 351Member Member
    I've started another round of getting rid of stuff again. My main problem isn't deciding to let go of stuff...it's actually bringing it to where it needs to go. I don't drive so I can't just go over to Goodwill to drop it off, because the Goodwill is a 20 minute drive away. And I feel bad asking my husband to do it during his limited free time. And putting things on Craigslist or Freecycle is annoying because of how flaky people are, so I put off doing it. So there is a whole closet full of stuff that I still have to actually get rid of.

Last week I did bring a bag of stuff to a nearby clothing donation bin. This upcoming week I plan to start listing things on the Craigslist free section again for pickup. I also compiled another bag's worth of nonperishables to donate to the town food pantry (I brought over one bag a couple of weeks ago) so I have to bring that over there sometime this week.

We also have some large items that we have to get rid of. I have a bike that I stupidly bought and then never used because it turns out the roads are too dangerous around here to bike on. So I have to sell that. We also have a large and heavy couch that I inherited from a relative and we want to get rid of it and replace it with something smaller and lighter, so that we don't have to hire movers the next time we move. It's over 15 years old and I'm not sure if we can sell it or give it away, or if we should just recycle it...we'll have to figure it out. Earlier in the year we gave away a few pieces of secondhand furniture that were too heavy for us to move on our own...a solid wood desk (which neither of us were using anyway), and two solid wood dressers that I inherited (we downsized to just hanging things in the closet and putting non-hangable things like socks in plastic drawer units). That has been very beneficial to us in terms of how uncluttered our apartment feels, and future moving plans.

Our apartment is mostly decluttered and minimalist by now, but I feel like I'm always finding new stuff to get rid of. Honestly our apartment is way bigger than we need, especially because it's a two-bedroom (we used to have one of my husband's relatives living with us due to their health problems, but they recovered and moved out. BTW they're a hoarder too, which was extremely stressful for me to live with...I think I may have mentioned it on this thread months ago). But we're stuck here until next April because it would cost $4000 to get out of the lease. Once our lease is up, I'm hoping to find a small place...600 square feet or even less would be ideal...that is hopefully more time and cost effective as well. Our current apartment is 950 square feet and probably half of it is just empty unused space. It's such a waste of time to clean...it takes me 40 minutes just to vacuum...so there's no point to it.