30's Corner

Options

Replies

• Emerald_Warrior
    Emerald_Warrior Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    Polly Pocket, anyone? I only had one regular sized and one necklace sized one. In elementary school we were allowed to bring toys for recess and they all sat in bins outside the cafeteria along the wall and once I sat there opening all the other girls' polly pockets to look at them longingly wishing they were mine. Then a teacher saw me and sent me to the principal because some kid in the school was stealing stuff and I looked suspicious.

I also still have my VCR and my very first 15" color TV that I got in middle school. I watch Beauty and the Beast and the Little Mermaid with my kid who would rather watch Netflix on his tablet.

Oh wait, I'm remembering all the things now. I still have my N*SYNC barbie dolls from when they dressed as marionettes as well as my Scully and Mulder Barbie dolls and my Ariel with her fin AND her dress!

Oh how I miss my Polly pockets! :'( I still have a couple of VCRs, my favorite way to watch a movie!
  • MonkeyMel21
    MonkeyMel21 Posts: 2,388 Member
    Options
    Polly Pocket, anyone? I only had one regular sized and one necklace sized one. In elementary school we were allowed to bring toys for recess and they all sat in bins outside the cafeteria along the wall and once I sat there opening all the other girls' polly pockets to look at them longingly wishing they were mine. Then a teacher saw me and sent me to the principal because some kid in the school was stealing stuff and I looked suspicious.

I also still have my VCR and my very first 15" color TV that I got in middle school. I watch Beauty and the Beast and the Little Mermaid with my kid who would rather watch Netflix on his tablet.

Oh wait, I'm remembering all the things now. I still have my N*SYNC barbie dolls from when they dressed as marionettes as well as my Scully and Mulder Barbie dolls and my Ariel with her fin AND her dress!

Oh how I miss my Polly pockets! :'( I still have a couple of VCRs, my favorite way to watch a movie!

My kid will ask to watch the movie again and gets confused as to why we have to wait for it to rewind, lol.
  • PaulaWallaDingDong
    PaulaWallaDingDong Posts: 4,641 Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    Polly Pocket was one of the things I always wanted but never got. Can't complain.
  • 81Katz
    81Katz Posts: 7,074 Member
    Options
    Slap bracelets
    Scrunchies
    Those plastic necklaces with charms (fruit, telephones, foods, etc.)

When an awesome night meant going to the roller rink, or hanging out at the mall for hours and hours.

Nickelodeon, TGIF Friday night programming, Saturday morning Peewee's Playhouse, Sat. Morning Saved by the Bell.

When Beverly Hills 90210 was 'cutting edge' teenage programming. Now it would be considered tame and G rated!

Pop up VCR's.

When they actually had appliance stores, not all in ones like today (Best Buy, Lowes, Home Depot.)

... Whew! I'm old, huh?
  • 81Katz
    Options
    Half memory, half confession.
    My aunt & uncle let me watch Dirty Dancing and at the time I had no idea what it meant that 'Penny was in trouble.' or what had happened when she went to that doctor...
  • MonkeyMel21
    Options
    81Katz wrote: »
    Half memory, half confession.
    My aunt & uncle let me watch Dirty Dancing and at the time I had no idea what it meant that 'Penny was in trouble.' or what had happened when she went to that doctor...

Dirty Dancing is my favorite movie and I watched it a lot as a kid and now realize all those things I didn't back then, lol. But honestly that happens with a lot of movies I watch now that I watched then. Some Disney movies are super messed up!
  • sdancer2017
    sdancer2017 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    What a FANTASTIC way to wake up!
    Snap bracelets-awesome addition!
    And the Polly Pocjet pickpocket-super awesome story!
  • sdancer2017
    sdancer2017 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    I decided I want 2 things in life.
    To go to Walker Stalker Con & get my picture taken with Abraham & Neagan ......

AND go to a late 80s, early 90s festival. Why can't we do this.

During the day, we can play on the big screen that Nintendo game where you jump over hurdles (but you really have to jump. If you use your hands to pound on the circles you have to sit out-no Clearly Canadian after drink for you ) & at night there's mini camp fires & readings of Scary Stories or watching Are you Afraid of the Dark.

Someone make this happen. I'll help plan.
  • 81Katz
    Options
    ohhhh loved Are you afraid of the dark!

Nickelodeon had the best shows! Clarissa explains it all, Doug, Rugrats, Hey Dude, etc.
  • Nikitazilla
    Nikitazilla Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    EvanK84 wrote: »
    Add me please ! Do y'all remember " Hey dude " on Nick?

I always wanted to be Brad, she was beautiful and smart. Danny was a dud.

How about "Salute your shorts "?

And playing Metroid on the Nintendo?
  • 81Katz
    Options
    EvanK84 wrote: »
    Add me please ! Do y'all remember " Hey dude " on Nick?

I always wanted to be Brad, she was beautiful and smart. Danny was a dud.

How about "Salute your shorts "?

And playing Metroid on the Nintendo?

Omg, I forgot about Salute your shorts! Haha!
  • MonkeyMel21
    Options
    My fav show was Salute your Shorts, with Heeeeeey Duuuuude as runner up! I hated when my dad and brothers watched Ren and Stimpy cause it waas just so gross all the time, ugh.
  • 81Katz
    Options
    Ohh, I loved Ren & Stimpy. A while back one of the current Nick channels had some throwback days and Ren & Stimpy was on one night. I totally watched it!
  • MonkeyMel21
    Options
    38, only just squeezing in !

I'll allow it.
  • MonkeyMel21
    Options
    It's harder to flirt when I don't have a hot profile pic backing me up anymore.
  • Versicolour
    Versicolour Posts: 7,164 Member
    Options
    Hoola hoops!
  • cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
    Options
    New episodes of Star Trek: TNG!
  • MonkeyMel21
    Options
    That weird ball with a platform for your feet so you can bounce around on it.