30's Corner

Replies

• EvanK84
    EvanK84 Posts: 458 Member
    What you know about msdos with the green screen ?!?
  • Versicolour
    Versicolour Posts: 7,164 Member
    Any 30 somethings who used the word processor with the blue screen as a kid & actually know how to use a rotary phone?

Me! Me! And ours had a turbo button that made pacman and Tetris really fast!!
  • sdancer2017
    sdancer2017 Posts: 178 Member
    Green screen? Turbo button? I missed this!!
    What about apple fruit roll-ups & popels (that stuffed animal that turned inside out & you tucked the tail in & you could whip it at your sister)?

Sigh....ahh the memories
  • Versicolour
    edited December 2017
    Ugh I always felt like dos was swearing at me when I searched for something and all I got was bad command or file name (I always read it as foul name and ended up screaming "You're a foul name" at my computer)
  • sdancer2017
    I remember flinging floppy disks (ok watching naughty kids fling them) but not much is stickin in my mind about dos
  • Versicolour
    Green screen? Turbo button? I missed this!!
    What about apple fruit roll-ups & popels (that stuffed animal that turned inside out & you tucked the tail in & you could whip it at your sister)?

Sigh....ahh the memories

Poppels!!! Yeah!!!
  • Versicolour
    I remember flinging floppy disks (ok watching naughty kids fling them) but not much is stickin in my mind about dos

I remember trying to play a game that was saved over 6 floppies!!
  • CryingBlue
    CryingBlue Posts: 270 Member
    I'll be 32....cough....
    At the end of this month. I'm not sure how that happened.
    All this sports talk and I'm sitting here with no tv. Sorry not a sports gal.
  • sdancer2017
    Hahaha! ! Was it Oregon trail? Damn scarlet fever or whatever the hell killed 'em.

When I was in my 20s, I got rid of everything I had as a kid. Who needs this pillow person? This Jem doll with light up earrings? This purple poppel......
    Now.....I actually think I yelled at my mom for turning our rotary phone into a 6th grade science project without my consent
  • Versicolour
    I miss my roller skates and my tree house. And my gran giving me Mills & Boon books to read at the age of 9 when I complained I was bored!!
  • CryingBlue
    Ah roller skates. My first pair had the ninja turtles on them. Then I got super into roller blading.
  • sdancer2017
    The roller skates that clicked open & fit around your shoe?
  • CryingBlue
    I never did have that type. But I totally wanted a skip it.
  • EvanK84
    Ummmm! What about when MTV played music videos???!!???
  • sdancer2017
    Oooooh yeah!!!!!! Skip it!!! This is probably not the intent of the thread, but it makes me smile. So thank you to every contributor to the old 30s nostalgia thing the us 3 have goin on here.
  • sdancer2017
    Or when Jesse won the next trl dj thing?
    I totally recorded videos on my vhs tapes!! Yeah! Someone else brought the nostalgia!
  • EvanK84
    High fives all around !! With our powers combined!!
  • sdancer2017
    Hahahaha!!! Yes! Thirties & 80s/90s nostalgia
    EvanK84 wrote: »
    High fives all around !! With our powers combined!!

• sdancer2017
    Oooooh yeah!!!!!! Skip it!!! This is probably not the intent of the thread, but it makes me smile. So thank you to every contributor to the old 30s nostalgia thing the us 3 have goin on here.

I'm bothered by my grammatical error
    * the 3 of us (now 4, Evan) have goin on. Ok I won't correct anymore.