Reached Goal! 5'2, 174 to 130! 44 lbs loss! (Pics!)

Options
*high five* this girl reached her goal!
I will try to keep this short and sweet for all of you :) I was 174 lbs, borderline obese ( every pound shows when you are 5'2) . I was a size XL and a size 13-14 jeans. I am now 130lbs, a size medium and a size 7-8 in jeans. I have NEVER been this small.
I can now shop at my favorite stores (forever 21) instead of just walking pass all the pretty clothes and wishing. This was probably the hardest thing I have ever done.. and it is so worth it!!!

I was unhappy, unhealthy and frustrated. Name any fad diet under the sun, and I probably tried it.

So what was different this time? I stopped looking at it as a quick fix. This is a lifestyle change. The weight came off slow at times, but I celebrate every single pound as a small victory.

Some of the workouts I completed and loved: Turbofire, couch 2-5k, Insanity, Ministry of sound dance workouts.

lets see those pics!

My heaviest. You cant hide much when you are a shorty. My face shows it all. (puffy cheeks, blotchy skin, more acne)

34d75ec4-3958-4e66-a7ae-b443e3ae4b63_zps81d177d0.jpg

Full body pic, I needed to always wear black. Why? Because black is slimming right? :p

IMG_0535_zpsdf875b5d.jpg

Now :) I love now. I love wearing color, I love wearing cute, trendy clothes. I love the beach. I love taking pictures now :)

0c90f687-80ee-4cf8-a8eb-d9502841597c_zps9fe0e3fc.jpg

I am about to hit 500 days of MFP. Thanks to all my friends on here that pushed and motivated me every day. You guys rock!

I am not %100 done. I am more motivated now than ever. So whats next? I wanted to become healthier, smaller, happier and I accomplished that. Now I want to be strong :D

1291341855_6290_zps6db5eba3.jpg

Replies

• BluthLover
    BluthLover Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    Good for you!!!
  • MaggieMaeB
    Options
    How pretty! You look wonderful and very happy!
  • wannabpiper
    wannabpiper Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    Awesome job - you look great!
  • TheCaren
    TheCaren Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    Congrats on reaching your goal!!!
  • nathalier71
    nathalier71 Posts: 570 Member
    Options
    Woot! Woot!
  • feelinwell
    feelinwell Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    wow! I am so impressed and happy for you. you are beautiful. now, for some tips, please!
  • keem88
    keem88 Posts: 1,689 Member
    Options
    hell yeah, werk mama! looking great, congrats on your success and best of luck on your journey as you work on becoming stronger!
  • missionimposs
    missionimposs Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    WOW WOW !!! you look amazing !!!! Congratulation's !!!!!!! I too am only small and to see your story really does inspire me !!! I have been logging for 185 days . You have worked so hard and all your rewards were worth all the hard work you put in !!!! :bigsmile:
  • SunKissed1989
    SunKissed1989 Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! You look amazing :smile:

Really admire how you lost it over a longer period of time - I've been on here for a year and a half...lost 27lbs (I started at about the same weight as yourself). Everyone who's commented on my weight loss has said that I'll be more likely to keep it off since I did it over a longer period of time, no doubt you'll be in the same position with your 'it's a lifestyle choice' attitude...that's my motto too :smile:

Congratulations again :smile:
  • LuckyAng
    LuckyAng Posts: 1,173 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! You look beautiful, and very content :)
  • newblue95
    newblue95 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Wow! Congratulations, you look so beautiful and happy!!!
  • mommy3457
    mommy3457 Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    Congrats! I'm 5'1" so I understand what you mean.
  • stasherella
    stasherella Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Wow you look great I can see the change
  • sanjoparolas
    sanjoparolas Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    Super great job - congratulations!
  • todayis4me
    todayis4me Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    congrats! you look great!!!!
  • mickeyullrich
    mickeyullrich Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    You look great!!!! Congratulations :0)!
  • mkramarz
    mkramarz Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    You GO Girl! Wow - Makes me want to try harder....
  • retirehappy
    retirehappy Posts: 4,757 Member
    Options
    You are inspiring, I am 5'3" and in that same weight range as when you started.I am so happy for you.
    You have found the lovely butterfly within yourself, and you sound ready to fly into your new life.
  • CountessK
    CountessK Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! Stories like this are what help keep me going.
  • jainm1234
    jainm1234 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    WOW! JUST WOW! I am 5'3 and I am currently at your starting weight. I still have about ~40 more pounds left to go. You're definitely an inspiration!

**high five**
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!