Question for Ladies who have Lost Weight

13»

Replies

• LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,342 Member
    Nothing like that has happened to me since I slimmed down...in fact I used to get accosted more when I was overweight because of 'the girls'! men would talk to my chest rather than my face, that always got my goat big time!
  • leggup
    leggup Posts: 2,942 Member
    I do get more attention when I'm thinner.. but I'm a 6 ft tall blonde with a very outgoing personality who is super active. I think other factors other than weight play a major role because I still got a lot of attention when I was bigger, especially as the average weight in America creeps higher and higher. I'm comparing me at BMI 19 to me at BMI 24.

I live by a major city (DC) and socialize in one of the crimeyist parts of the country (yeah Baltimore!). I've been followed, harassed, and stolen from but no one has ever touched me. I carry mace and can run.
  • ccruz985
    ccruz985 Posts: 646 Member
    edited December 2017
    Guys can be creepy no matter your size. Last night, a creepy guy at the gym used the treadmill next to me (there were like 20 others not directly next to me to choose from). I brushed it off as he was awkward, then he left. But apparently he was watching me somewhere because he followed me to my car in the dark to tell me I looked good and he “likes ‘em plump.” I weigh ~330 pounds, and this guy was old enough to be my father. BARF.

I have resting b.... face. And a knife in my purse. So I feel ok.
  • beaglady
    beaglady Posts: 1,362 Member
    I've lost 50# within the part 18 months. The only difference I've noticed with men is in relation to how I am treated professionally. Now that I am the size of a normal person, I am treated with a normal amount of respect, and as though I know what I am talking about. Previously, I was ignored or discounted more. I do give off a 'don't mess with me' vibe.
  • JillianRumrill
    JillianRumrill Posts: 335 Member
    Thank you everyone so much for your comments. It's funny because typically I'm not a vulnerable type person. I tend to be pretty brash- for example, the majority of my goal weight wardrobe has me looking like I raided Rob Halford's closet! But nonetheless it is an irrational fear which has kept me overweight for far too long. My dad taught me and my brother how to fight and I do carry a weapon on me at all times, but I do have plans for taking a self-defense course some time soon. And I think I will look for a therapist. I saw one quite a long time ago when I was divorced, I think I need to see her again to sort out some other stuff I never quite got to. Thanks everyone!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!