DESPERATE AND ABOUT TO QUIT

Options
punkinjdm6
punkinjdm6 Posts: 11 Member
edited December 2017 in Health and Weight Loss
I have tried to loose weight for years each time failing. Normally quitting when i dont see results or i see im gaining weight. I use to about 2 years ago ate under 1,000 calories so for me to learn to eat more has also been difficult.
So here are my details. I just want someone to tell me what am i doing wrong. please i dont want to quit anymore. I measure everything every cup, teaspoon and water intake. I eat anything and everything. there isnt a food i dont like. All fruits and veggies all meats and all drinks.

as of this morning 171.4 lbs (2 weeks ago 165 lbs) Goal Weight: 150-155 toned

i go to the gym 5-6 times a week i do 30 min cardio every time i go to the gym
i do have a 9-5 desk job.
i religiously drink 14 cups of water i have a jug that measures exactly 7 cups i fill up twice some times 3 times but not often. I do 1 day water with lemon and 1 day with out.
FEMALE
5'4 (64 inches)
hip:42.5 in
neck:14.5 in
Shoulders: 19 in width
waist: 36 in
forearm: 10 in
WRIST: 6.5 IN
ANKLE: 9 in
right thigh:22.5 in
left thigh: 22.5 in
right calf: 15 in
left calf: 15 in

BASED ON ONLINE CALCULATORS RECOMMENDATIONS
BFP: 28%
BMI: 30%
BMR: 1768
TDEE: 1951
RMR: 1824 CAL/DAY
Carbohydrates 169-244
Proteins 38-132
Fats 34-59

between different calculators i have been shown to eat between 1500-1800 calories to be in calorie deficit to loose
weight. I reach about
Based on my fitness pal week review ( 11/26-12/2)
net calories under weekly goal: 1,731
net average 1,561
goal: 1,800

week prior (11/19-11/25)
net calories under weekly goal: 1,520
net average 1,406
goal: 1,860

My goal Macros are which i wont lie go over a little with the carbs to about 42%
carbs 39%
Fat 29%
protein 32%

I eat 3 meals and 3 snacks.

snacks are either 3 oz of carrots or 2 slices of veggie cheese with 5 slice of turkey meat my last snack is 1 cup of coconut milk.

IF ANYONE I MEAN ANYONE can instruct me the best way to go about my nutrition for a long term healthy lifestyle. I really want to build the body i dream of.

Replies

• Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    I used the calorie calculator on calculator.net and got 1301 for you to lose 1 lb a week if you are sedentary besides that 30 minute workout. 1500-1800 would seem a bit too high then since you have not been losing. I'm older but the same height and starting at 179 lbs sedentary I lost 1 lb a week on 1340 calories per day.
    What calorie goal did MFP give you based on your normal activity without exercise?

You mention cups and teaspoons. You might try using a digital food scale to get more accurate.
  • punkinjdm6
    punkinjdm6 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    aeloine wrote: »
    Okay, I'm going to take yesterday for an example:

1. Veggie soup: was that your own recipe or one that you pulled out of the database without knowing what's in it?
    2. Lettuce and tomato plate - what even is that? How many tomatoes?
    3. 5 Slices of turkey - how many grams or oz is that?
    4. Generic banana - you need to weigh your fruit. Most bananas I eat are about 50% higher in calories than the generic data bases

You might be logging everything that you eat, but you're not really logging it all accurately.

Take a deep breath. Weighing everything is just one small tweak that you have to make. You already have the logging part down.

You mention spoons and cups in your original post, but those are not very accurate. Weigh everything on a food scale. They're only about ten bucks at any grocery store.

THANK YOU. i didnt want to make the post super long but when i say cups i mean for example my coconut milk i measure 1 cup which equals 70 calories
    and my peanut butter is 0.5tbsp equals 12 calories thats what i mean.

is any meat i weigh on my scale mostly in OZ.