DESPERATE AND ABOUT TO QUIT

Options

Replies

• punkinjdm6
    punkinjdm6 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Lounmoun wrote: »
    I used the calorie calculator on calculator.net and got 1301 for you to lose 1 lb a week if you are sedentary besides that 30 minute workout. 1500-1800 would seem a bit too high then since you have not been losing. I'm older but the same height and starting at 179 lbs sedentary I lost 1 lb a week on 1340 calories per day.
    What calorie goal did MFP give you based on your normal activity without exercise?

You mention cups and teaspoons. You might try using a digital food scale to get more accurate.

Yes i do. i weigh things like meats, fruits, veggies

i use cups and spoons for more grain and powdered foods
  • HellYeahItsKriss
    HellYeahItsKriss Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    Also your response to her response doesn't make sense to what she said.. you are claiming to use cups for liquids and a scale for meats, but we are telling you that your entries are generic and do not give you the actual calories you are consuming for what you are logging
  • punkinjdm6
    Options
    aeloine wrote: »
    gn3oxas6thw3.jpg

Here's a handy chart that should help you gain some insight.

Can you help me understand the 3rd green diamond?

because when i see this on my fitness app it does confuse me

1500 - 1489+317= 358

like whaaaa??? does this mean i still have 358 calories to go or is it ok not to eat those??? i am confused

and yes i am on my 3rd week now.
  • punkinjdm6
    Options
    Half a tablespoon of peanut butter isn't 12 calories... i hope you are not actually logging that as 12.. lol

i scanned the barcode of the powdered peanut butther pb2 which equaled 2tbsp (12gm) i only used 1/2 serving and thats what fitness app calculated.
  • sksk1026
    sksk1026 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Also, what kind of coconut milk? Regular coconut milk can be 500 calories per cup. Are you drinking light coconut milk?
  • aeloine
    aeloine Posts: 2,163 Member
    Options
    punkinjdm6 wrote: »
    gn3oxas6thw3.jpg

1500 - 1489+317= 358

like whaaaa??? does this mean i still have 358 calories to go or is it ok not to eat those??? i am confused

yes, it means they're okay to eat. But ONLY if your exercise calories are accurate. I usually make it a rule of thumb to eat back about half of that the exercise calories are (317/2, for your equation above).

MFP app is really nice because if your last number is green (358), then you can eat it. If it's red, you can't.
    OR if it's positive, you can eat it. If it's negative, you can't eat it. :smile:
  • SteamPug
    SteamPug Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    SteamPug wrote: »
    3 meals and 3 snacks a day sounds excessive to me.

How does it? people can eat 10 times a day if they want.

I wasn’t shaming her, I just don’t know how she manages to split the calories she says she eats into the kind of meals she stated plus the 3 snacks on top.
  • HellYeahItsKriss
    Options
    gn3oxas6thw3.jpg

1500 - 1489+317= 358

If you have a calorie goal of 1500 per day... and you eat 1500 that brings you to 0 calories NET

If you workout and burn 320 calories it gives you calories because MFP already gives you a weight loss deficit and is designed to give you more calories to eat more. Also as a woman you are required to eat a minimum of 1200 calories per day. so when you burned 320 from that 1500 it brought you to 1180 NET. Which technically would be fine, If you burned MORE then that through exercise you would neat to eat back enough calories to bring yourself up to 1200 calories.

=0
    +320 Exercise
    = 1180 NET (1500 - 320 = 1180)
    (Eat 20 more calories to bring it back to 1200)
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    sksk1026 wrote: »
    Also, what kind of coconut milk? Regular coconut milk can be 500 calories per cup. Are you drinking light coconut milk?

I believe OP is referring to coconut milk in a carton (like the kind made by Silk, as a replacement for dairy milk). It's about 70 calories per cup because it's mostly water. It's very different than the coconut milk in a can (usually used in culinary applications) which has much more fat (and therefore is higher in calories).

Edit: Confirmed. From OP's diary, this is the milk in question: "So Delicious - Coconut Milk Dairy Free Original, 1 cup." I've used this, it is around 70 calories a cup.
  • ladyhusker39
    ladyhusker39 Posts: 1,406 Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    I'm not sure why you're arguing with what people are trying to tell you. Several people have said you're doing great at logging in the first place which is the tough part - getting the discipline to record what you're eating. Now just tweak it a bit and practice getting really accurate with what you're recording.

If you'll do this, you should seee the results you're looking for. Or keep arguing and doing what you're doing and you'll continue to get the same results you're getting now.
  • HellYeahItsKriss
    Options

I wasn’t shaming her, I just don’t know how she manages to split the calories she says she eats into the kind of meals she stated plus the 3 snacks on top.

Its actually pretty easy to do.. if you plan correctly and log accurately, the only issue here is her database entries are completely wrong and it's causing her to eat too much of those meals but she can eat that many times a day if she wants
  • aeloine
    Options

Its actually pretty easy to do.. if you plan correctly and log accurately, the only issue here is her database entries are completely wrong and it's causing her to eat too much of those meals but she can eat that many times a day if she wants

Agreed. I eat three meals and two snacks and a dessert pretty much daily, you just have to understand that your "meals" can't be big.

But I also agree that OP is eating more than OP thinks. It's easier to split more calories into more meals.
  • aeloine
    edited December 2017
    Options
    Also your response to her response doesn't make sense to what she said.. you are claiming to use cups for liquids and a scale for meats, but we are telling you that your entries are generic and do not give you the actual calories you are consuming for what you are logging

OK so the thread is to help me better understand this fitness life that obviously people like you might have been doing this longer than me. shoot me I'm a rookie. I also said many failed attempts so yes i realize something im doing is wrong.

If this fitness app is suppose to be so helpful but apparently isnt then what am i suppose to believe on my own.

If i type in chicken breast grilled and it says 150gm = 200 calories (example)
    so i weigh out 150 gm of a dam chicken breast because im lead to believe this is the best or closest thing for me to think is correct.

but your telling me its not correct. then im sorry.

I scan a bar-code tells me 1 cup = 70 calories so i measure a cup of milk. in a glass measuring cup that says this line is 1 cup

So please help me not judge me on what is the best possible way to measure and log. because just telling me im doing it wrong doesnt help me either.

I thought the things i picked where correct or as close to what im eating

Yes, weigh out the chicken for the 150g.
    USUALLY, on the nutrition label, there will be something like "1 serving = 1 TBSP (28g)" for example. Use the 28g, not the 1 TBSP. You will RARELY see ONLY cup, TBSP, etc., and usually only on liquids. In case of LIQUIDS ONLY, it can be okay to use a measuring cup IF A WEIGHT isn't indicated. Otherwise, weigh everything.