Why I left Weight Watchers new "Freestyle" Program

Options

Replies

• Psychgrrl
    Psychgrrl Posts: 3,177 Member
    Options
    Welcome back! :smiley: Sorry you lost your system and your support all at once—that sucks! Congrats on the success so far and “cheers” to
    Your future health here with us! :blush:
  • HellYeahItsKriss
    HellYeahItsKriss Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    Lol.. weight watchers amuses me..
  • gooz71
    gooz71 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I will be curious to see if any other weight watchers members jump ship like I did...I guess only time will tell if the no point food list works for people or not. However, I know they had many current members try the program "behind the scenes" for quite a few months now before it launched. I just know I would get really tired of lentils and chicken pretty darn fast, and lowering you daily points like they did you don't have many points to eat other things.
  • robinalexis
    robinalexis Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I think WW is trying to go Paleo or Primal. And you don’t count serving size on those. I did Primal while on WW and list 10# so far.

Has anybody figured the cal fat carb protein split yet so we can set up our MFP to coincide ?
  • newheavensearth
    newheavensearth Posts: 870 Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    I think WW is trying to go Paleo or Primal. And you don’t count serving size on those. I did Primal while on WW and list 10# so far.

Has anybody figured the cal fat carb protein split yet so we can set up our MFP to coincide ?

That depends on your food choices for the day. I've been on Freestyle for almost a week
    Ranges high to low are:

Carbs 48 to 65 %
    Protein 15 to 45 %
    Fat 15 to 40%

My calories are 1360 for .5 lb per week loss and I've been in deficit, including half of my exercise calories, per week.

I've wooshed 6 lbs after a 4 month long creeping gain.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    ritzvin wrote: »
    gooz71 wrote: »
    ...Over 5,000+ members "liked" her post and commented things like "preach girl" or "I agree!" So those of us who are struggling with the new change were basically told to not look to connect for support cause they didn't want to hear it. ..

I suspect a fair number of those folks are going to find themselves getting fatter binge-eating apples/bananas/grapes. (Fruit as free food items is such a tremendously bad idea...I get that they are hoping to steer people towards those nutritious and fiber-rich items as an alternate dessert, but they are so far from being low calorie density).

The free fruit thing would be a disaster for me. I could very easily eat kilo's of fruit everyday, which would equal hundreds and hundreds of extra calories!
  • ktekc
    ktekc Posts: 879 Member
    Options
    Lol.. oh lordie..

Shes done a lot of great things.. but... yeah.. not this one.

I do like her new O' thats good stuff. I had a nice coupon so i tried the creamy parmesan pasta. it was really good. wanted to try the soups but my store doesn't carry them just the pastas.
  • onlytati
    onlytati Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I also did ww here and there for the last 3 years. The price was getting to me, but I loved going to meetings and being held accountable for my gains/ losses. I need to get better at tracking here and weighing foods, but I love the support and all the feedback.
  • maggibailey
    maggibailey Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    I am one of the weird people that system would work for. I have no interest in going over to ww but none of those foods are the things I tend to over eat and they tend to fill me up fast. The number of points I would have to use to eat the things I do over eat like cookies and croissants would keep me from having many. So I can understand the idea behind it. But I do agree that it wouldn’t work for everyone just like most ways of eating.