How to use the USDA food Database + MFP food Database for accurate logging.

Replies

• diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    DjLap wrote: »
    Good post, thanks for info
    *unfollowed, too many self bumps, good luck

Yeah unfortunately I've been the main one keeping the page from going to page 2,3.. etc.
    It's not really a topic that generates a lot of discussion, like the refeed thread. But i wanna keep it on the main page for a bit cause it's also good info for people who pop by or lurk, etc.

Bumping is tough for threads like this since it's a 'read the first post and move along' type situation that doesn't garner much discussion. Most of the useful guides get stickied and forgotten, getting a bump every few months. I used to try and bump them every week or so, but started to get too much pushback on it. No one else seems to bump them unless it's a newbie with a question. I used to post helpful recipes in my list of calorie dense foods to try and keep it bumped, but I don't think many people read the comments on guide-type posts. I turned it into a Dwayne Johnson posting with food fest and let it die.
  • HellYeahItsKriss
    HellYeahItsKriss Posts: 906 Member
    Haha.. yeah.. thats probably whats going to happen with this one.. i read the stickies nomination post and it says they get cleared when they are reviewed but it seems like a long time goes by before it's looked at.
  • debrag12
    debrag12 Posts: 1,071 Member
    edited December 2017
    Poor boyfriend tonight.. as soon as i read that email about the benefits all i did was cry and cry. He doesn't know what to do.. so he just hugs me cause i told him that would probably be the best thing, i tend to get irritable when im upset if im asked too many questions.. lol

I got a call today from another Shannex nursing home.. I had submitted a resume with them before getting hired at edible arrangements, I applied for Kitchen wait staff, which is just a fancy term for what i used to do which was dietary, so i had 6 years experience. They asked me to come in for an interview next week, so I am going to that. There is potential to get myself back up to 14.45 an hour with this job and i could really use something good right now.

Now I'm confused about the job title 'dietary'. At first I thought you meant along the lines of dietitian but now it's more about restaurant work. I;d have thought 'dietary' was a fancy name was wait staff rather than the other way around. What do you mean by diploma? high school or college.

Good look with college and you new job. I'm just about to start my nurse training.

• HellYeahItsKriss
    edited December 2017
    debrag12 wrote: »
    Poor boyfriend tonight.. as soon as i read that email about the benefits all i did was cry and cry. He doesn't know what to do.. so he just hugs me cause i told him that would probably be the best thing, i tend to get irritable when im upset if im asked too many questions.. lol

I got a call today from another Shannex nursing home.. I had submitted a resume with them before getting hired at edible arrangements, I applied for Kitchen wait staff, which is just a fancy term for what i used to do which was dietary, so i had 6 years experience. They asked me to come in for an interview next week, so I am going to that. There is potential to get myself back up to 14.45 an hour with this job and i could really use something good right now.

Now I'm confused about the job title 'dietary'. At first I thought you meant along the lines of dietitian but now it's more about restaurant work. I;d have thought 'dietary' was a fancy name was wait staff rather than the other way around. What do you mean by diploma? high school or college.

Good look with college and you new job. I'm just about to start my nurse training.

Dietary is more like restaurant work. We had a 12 hour shift, started at 7am, you prepare breakfast, make coffee, tea, set the tables up, pour drinks and then as the CCA's wake up the residents and finish their care, they bring them out for breakfast, you ask them what they want, make it, bring it out, at the end of breakfast you clean all the dishes, clean up breakfast and tidy up the dining room, after break, its generally the same routine again for lunch, get lunch ready, set tables, pour drinks, tea, coffee, serve the meal and dessert, collect the dishes, do them, etc.. same with supper, end of the night you do more detailed cleaning after the dining room is clean, like mopping the floors, cleaning the dishwasher, restock, etc and you leave at 7pm.

We worked along side a registered dietitan, she would get to know the residents dietary needs, like if they had allergies, needed minced or puree diets, thickened juices, etc and we were responsible for making sure the residents were given the diet they required or not given foods with their allergies, or high sodium, or needed increased water intake, meal replacement drinks, some residents who were puree could not have puree breads or other thicker type purees. We were responsible for 25 residents per unit.

High school diploma is what i am doing, I dropped out after grade 9. Which here is considered jr high school, not high school which i know in some places it's different. So i did not earn any credits, so i have 12 to get now. In january i take Biology and then an elective course. I took an elective between sept and Dec it was digital technologies which taught how to use word, excel and power point. The next elective is called Career skills development. I do not know what exactly is involved in this class.

I opted to not continue with my new job. Considering all thats happened since March, i feel like while a job is important to live that it's easier for me to get a job then it is to get to see my father, so i picked family. I have that job interview for the nursing home next week, I will take that if they offer it to me, it's close enough to my leave date for seeing my dad that i could request to start after the holidays.

Good luck with your nursing, it's a hard work load, but worth it at the end.
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Thump.

For a difference.
  • diannethegeek
    Haha.. yeah.. thats probably whats going to happen with this one.. i read the stickies nomination post and it says they get cleared when they are reviewed but it seems like a long time goes by before it's looked at.

Yeah, it seems to be every six months or whenever they remember the nominations post is there.
  • HellYeahItsKriss
    I went back to another post i had made on the introduce me thread that was also nominated but it sunk and didn't go to the main page anymore lol..
  • OhJayEss
    OhJayEss Posts: 63 Member
    great post thanks!
  • HellYeahItsKriss
  • HellYeahItsKriss
    nump
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,937 Member
    :lol: fat fingers fat fingers

Love ya.
  • HellYeahItsKriss
    LOL omg, i didn't even notice i said nump hahahahaha

I love me sometimes :lol:

Love ya too, thanks for noticing my numpy-ness
  • cmriverside
    Back in the way-back day on MFP I had a thread that I used to bump and bump and I had all kinds of creative gifs for it.

It was a compilation thread of "Must Reads" before there were sticky threads. Then it was a sticky thread. Then it faded away. *sigh*

dog-agility-fail-head-bump-gif-animation.gif
  • HellYeahItsKriss
    Lol aww.. i can never think of anything funny for GIFs lol
  • diannethegeek
    Lol aww.. i can never think of anything funny for GIFs lol

I usually just google "bump gifs" and see where the internet takes me.

giphy.gif
  • cmriverside
    ha. Dianna, yours is giving me whiplash
  • HellYeahItsKriss
    I tried that once with face palm.. i ended up getting weird results that were kind of face palm but not really applicable lol.. i like the moving ones tho, they fill me up with happiness
  • r3488
    r3488 Posts: 77 Member
    Thank you for creating this awesomely helpful post!
  • HellYeahItsKriss
    No problem!
  • cmriverside
    lol, I went looking for a bump gif, and now I want to spend my Saturday doing this...whatever it is. You know they're laughing their @sses off...

JNiEHrV.gif