Large Boob Question

Options

Replies

• GottaBurnEmAll
    GottaBurnEmAll Posts: 7,722 Member
    Options
    My tuppence worth. First and foremost, see if you can find a comfortable bra. I am and have been for a number of years E/F (US DDD/E) and I never have any issues with my back or discomfort from bras. I am blessed to live in the land of awesome and affordable bra manufacturers though (Bravissimo, Panache, Curvy Kate, M&S).

Secondly, if you don't already, strength train. Strengthening all the muscles that help support your bust/back will make a huge difference if it's not something you do already.

I have lost 60lbs and my boobs have lost proportionately, so they are technically smaller but still the same cup size. Again, I have no issues with discomfort or back problems.

I can't stress this enough. I've had large breasts my whole life. My first bra was a D cup (my mother put off getting her "baby" her first bra a bit too long).

I currently wear a US 30G/UK 30 FF. When I weighed 210 pounds, I wore a 36K, and if the bras were new, I sometimes used an extender, but it wasn't long before they stretched. Usually, a 36 was fine in most styles.

Anyway, I've had back and neck pain my whole life. When I started losing weight, I started resistance training and exercising in general and it has helped tremendously with the level of pain I experience in just holding up my torso. Building up those supporting muscles really does help a great deal.
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    I was not as large as you but as I lost weight my breasts changed and I had less pain. One breast seemed to get smaller faster than the other which surprised me. I was not that uneven before I gained weight but that was several years ago.
    I'd wait until you are closer to your goal weight to decide about surgery.
  • fitoverfortymom
    fitoverfortymom Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    If you haven't had babies and want to, I would wait and see what you have after weight loss. I wouldn't want to lose any sensitivity due to surgery. After babies they get extra, extra sensitive in a good way, so there's that. After babies and weight loss if you still are unhappy with them and in pain, then by all means get them reduced!
  • bobtater1
    bobtater1 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Why yes your right and when they're old enough for adult conversations then I'll explain it to them. I don't understand why women ask strangers questions about their bodies instead of a medical professionals.

Because I'm asking for people's actual experience and my doctor, WHO HAS A PENIS, hasn't had large breasts or lost weight and cup sizes, etc. [eyeroll]

I dunno maybe the guy is looking for a penis reduction and got on the wrong thread. sarcasm and eyeroll
  • fitoverfortymom
    fitoverfortymom Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    I feel like many women seek a common experience with other women about health issues.
  • mom2teebee
    mom2teebee Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    A proper fitting bra does wonders. I recently started wearing an Elomi Cate style bra and the straps don't dig into my shoulders and there isn't any pain. I've lost 20lbs so far and have gone down a band size, but the cup size is still the same equivalent.

As others have said, I'd probably lose the weight first and then see how things go. And if you plan on getting pregnant and breastfeeding later on that could also have some further change things.
  • hist_doc
    hist_doc Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    As another poster pointed out, it really is individual. Some women have more fat tissue in their breasts (which would then likely shrink as they lost weight), whereas others have more breast tissue. I find that I am in the latter category because they stay big even if my rib cage is bony. Something to consider -- My friend's sister had a breast reduction and then her large breasts came back because she gained weight after having the surgery. I guess in her case her breasts were predominantly fat tissue?

I don't have the experience of being overweight, but I was underweight years ago--even then I still had very large breasts. At 5'9" my comfortable weight is 145-150 and I normally wear a 32G. I wear Chantelle minimizer bras because I don't like my big chest and I like my shirts to actually stay buttoned:) I find that they are the best boulder holders ever. I wear Panache sport bras for running and working out. I second what others have said--a true bra fitting will work wonders.

I have always had horrible back pain, neck and shoulder pain, and migraines (not sure if they are due to the tension or something else). I also plan to get a breast reduction (much to my husband's dismay) once I'm done nursing my 5 month old and my body goes back to "normal."
  • Jackibrazil
    Jackibrazil Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    bobtater1 wrote: »
    Why yes your right and when they're old enough for adult conversations then I'll explain it to them. I don't understand why women ask strangers questions about their bodies instead of a medical professionals.

Because I'm asking for people's actual experience and my doctor, WHO HAS A PENIS, hasn't had large breasts or lost weight and cup sizes, etc. [eyeroll]

I dunno maybe the guy is looking for a penis reduction and got on the wrong thread. sarcasm and eyeroll

Not sure if you're rolling eyes at me or him...
  • Nony_Mouse
    Nony_Mouse Posts: 5,646 Member
    Options
    bobtater1 wrote: »

Not sure if you're rolling eyes at me or him...

I think him ;)
  • hist_doc
    hist_doc Posts: 206 Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    RAinWA wrote: »
    I had a reduction about 3 years ago after losing 127 pounds. I was wearing a 48G at my highest (and, honestly, probably should have been wearing a larger band size but was way too uncomfortable to get a fitting). I ended up at 130 pounds wearing a 32J which is not a comfortable size to be. Even with physical therapy, etc. I was totally miserable.

I was really pleased with the reduction, ended up at a 32C which suits my body fine. The scars are barely noticeable and I don't have any numb spots. And my upper back is so much better! I continued PT after the surgery and that really helped. I have gained 15-20 pounds (which I'm working on getting off) and my band size has gone up two inches (I seem to gain in my upper body first).

I would wait until you are at your goal weight and have maintained for a bit if you can handle it. It could be you won't need the surgery at all.

Best of luck to you!

@RAinWA , Could I ask what your height and weight was when you got the surgery to reduce to 32C? I'm trying to think through the size I'd like to be once I get the surgery. You can message me privately if you prefer--that is, if you are comfortable sharing that info (I'm sorry to ask in the thread--I don't know how to pm).
    My nursing size a couple of months ago was 32J--it's horrible, right?!?
  • RAinWA
    RAinWA Posts: 1,980 Member
    Options
    hist_doc wrote: »
    RAinWA wrote: »
    I had a reduction about 3 years ago after losing 127 pounds. I was wearing a 48G at my highest (and, honestly, probably should have been wearing a larger band size but was way too uncomfortable to get a fitting). I ended up at 130 pounds wearing a 32J which is not a comfortable size to be. Even with physical therapy, etc. I was totally miserable.

I was really pleased with the reduction, ended up at a 32C which suits my body fine. The scars are barely noticeable and I don't have any numb spots. And my upper back is so much better! I continued PT after the surgery and that really helped. I have gained 15-20 pounds (which I'm working on getting off) and my band size has gone up two inches (I seem to gain in my upper body first).

I would wait until you are at your goal weight and have maintained for a bit if you can handle it. It could be you won't need the surgery at all.

Best of luck to you!

@RAinWA , Could I ask what your height and weight was when you got the surgery to reduce to 32C? I'm trying to think through the size I'd like to be once I get the surgery. You can message me privately if you prefer (I'm sorry to ask in the thread--I don't know how to pm).
    My nursing size a couple of months ago was 32J--it's horrible, right?!?

No problem. 5'1" and either 128 or 130. And yes, it was horrible - the more I lost the worse the back pain got.

130 is on the high end of healthy for 5'1" but I look good at that weight and it's easy to maintain (well, except when you have bunch of medical problems one after the other and throw yourself a pity party!). I was really glad I waited until I hit a good weight before having the surgery. A friend of mine had her surgery when she was still about 50 pounds away from goal and after she lost more it just doesn't look right.
  • GlorianasTears
    GlorianasTears Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Do you sleep in your bras? I wear a 38 J I'm 5'4 currently 192 pounds (YAY) and I never have back pain at all so I advise you to NOT have the surgery just lose weight first when you feel healthy the pain will definitely cease . Also I used to have the dents in my shoulders and be in pain but I just started keeping my bra off when I'm at home or relaxing .

Also try to get bras that support you more in the band that way your shoulders won't get dug into ! Have fun being busty
  • Jackibrazil
    Jackibrazil Posts: 124 Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    Do you sleep in your bras? I wear a 38 J I'm 5'4 currently 192 pounds (YAY) and I never have back pain at all so I advise you to NOT have the surgery just lose weight first when you feel healthy the pain will definitely cease . Also I used to have the dents in my shoulders and be in pain but I just started keeping my bra off when I'm at home or relaxing .

Also try to get bras that support you more in the band that way your shoulders won't get dug into ! Have fun being busty

I don't wear bras to bed. It actually usually comes off on my drive home from work and I just wear a tight tank top under stuff if I go out when I'm not working.

EDIT: The band is what hurts me the most. I have ribcage bruises from it!
  • grinning_chick
    grinning_chick Posts: 765 Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    Well, considering I always thought I was a 34A/small B at goal weight (145 lbs) and a 36/38 full C at my obese weight (238 lbs) but just learned I have been measuring wrong all these years and am really a UK 34F (!!) at the moment (197 lbs), I am no help. I look at my boobs and don't think they are particularly large and cannot for the life understand why I would want to "minimize" them as all the US bras I've been looking at in the allegedly proper size for me scream as their selling point.

Bra fitting video that opened my eyes: https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=862&v=8Jk55ep4XUQ

I am also rather disgusted that overnight my bras went from costing ~$30 apiece to $50+++. :/

But if your breasts based on their weight are killing your back/neck when you are at the weight you want to be/are satisfied with, by all means, get it addressed. I would recommend making sure you've exhausted all tools available to insure ones bras are properly fitted before going under the knife, but that is purely my opinion and based on nothing but the secondhand information learned from the above video. But the damn UK 34F/ US 34F/G bras fit, so... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• WhereIsPJSoles
    WhereIsPJSoles Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    I would definitely hold off. My boobs are the first place I really notice weight gain and were up to 34DDD when I weighed 140 lbs. at 120 they’re more like 34D but that’s literally 1 cup size per 10 lbs. of body weight lost
  • whosshe
    whosshe Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    Went from a 40DDD at 230lbs and 5'3" to a 32H (according to online size calculators) at 153lbs. My bust is actually bigger for my body then they were before lol I expect to not get past a DD but who knows.

If you're having doubts then wait, if it's covered then it will always be an option.
  • nowine4me
    nowine4me Posts: 3,985 Member
    Options
    Didn’t read the whole thread but will share my experience. I’m 5-7” and weighed about 150 when I had a reduction (F to C). I gained up to 220 and gained 2-3 sizes along the way 38DD. I’m down to 135 and now a 34C, which IMHO is just about perfect. There is not one thing I miss about having big boobs. Not. Even. One.