Large Boob Question

Options

Replies

• svel713
    svel713 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    To the OP: I went from a 32DD to a 32D. I lost 40lbs and didn't lose a cup size until the last 10lbs.

I still use some of my old size bras. They fit well enough still, making me think I didn't drop a full cup.

hist_doc wrote: »
    I don't have the experience of being overweight, but I was underweight years ago--even then I still had very large breasts. At 5'9" my comfortable weight is 145-150 and I normally wear a 32G. I wear Chantelle minimizer bras because I don't like my big chest

I had a push up bra that made me a 32G in a costume I have, and its been my dream size ever since. I'll trade you my 32Ds for them!

Though I will admit I did end up with pain from the bra that day. Had one solo strap around the neck, felt I was slowly being decapitated.
  • Iwantahealthierme30
    Iwantahealthierme30 Posts: 293 Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    I'm a 40K (yes, K, NATURALLY!!), 5'5" 222 pounds right now but was that even smaller. I've only noticed my chest getting bigger as my stomach got smaller in the past. I once stupidly decided that at 180, I was going to try to gain 10 pounds so that my back didn't hurt well that turned into 215. My highest was 230 and around 225-230 one of my bras was digging into my shoulders and causing pimple rashes, then I was like no, cannot get any bigger. I don't want to have a reduction though, I just hope I will naturally reduce this time.
  • apullum
    apullum Posts: 4,838 Member
    Options

I don't wear bras to bed. It actually usually comes off on my drive home from work and I just wear a tight tank top under stuff if I go out when I'm not working.

EDIT: The band is what hurts me the most. I have ribcage bruises from it!

That sounds like your band is too small. I think it's worth re-doing your measurements, and maybe you can find a better-fitting bra that will alleviate more of your pain while you decide what to do. I really like the measurement tool on bratabase.com, which is VERY detailed and will suggest specific bras for your shape.
  • spiffychick85
    spiffychick85 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    I've only ever successfully lost band sizes, but not cup sizes...I find my back to ache too and wouldn't mind a reduction as well. Good luck whichever way you decide to go :)
  • misnomer1
    misnomer1 Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    Not a woman, but what compound lifting exercises have done for me is reduced random pain in my back, neck and also reduced migraines.

Reducing weight, and fixing your posture through lifting will fix your problem completely imo.
  • maggibailey
    maggibailey Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    I had a reduction 15 years ago. I had back pain from the time I was 12 on. The reduction did nothing for that. They are nicer than they would have been otherwise I think. I do have numb spots, the scars are all faded to white though. I breast fed my son the next year without any issues. I don’t regret the surgery at all but it did absolutely nothing from e my pain.
  • misnomer1
    misnomer1 Posts: 646 Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    misnomer1 wrote: »
    Not a woman, but what compound lifting exercises have done for me is reduced random pain in my back, neck and also reduced migraines.

Reducing weight, and fixing your posture through lifting will fix your problem completely imo.

Possibly ease....won't usually fix in women with out of proportion tissue dense breasts

Reducing fat through weight loss might deal with some of that. Point is that this should be tried before something as big as surgery. 3 months is enough to gauge whether surgery is still warranted.
  • ladyreva78
    ladyreva78 Posts: 4,080 Member
    Options

Possibly ease....won't usually fix in women with out of proportion tissue dense breasts

Reducing fat through weight loss might deal with some of that. Point is that this should be tried before something as big as surgery. 3 months is enough to gauge whether surgery is still warranted.

Not all women have fatty boobs...boobs can have a lot of breast tissue as well which won't go away with diet.

Great. Seems like you know everything. Please suggest to OP that she gets the surgery done tomorrow.

Sigh....

Indeed.
  • kakaovanilya
    kakaovanilya Posts: 647 Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    I hope you get the results you wish for but you might need another surgery after losing weight. My friend had a reduction surgery. Her doctor said she shouldn't have the surgery if she was thinking about losing more than 5-7 kgs (11-15lbs) after surgery but she didn't listen. She lost 12 kg (26 lbs) after surgery and her breasts didn't look as good as before and you need to lose more than 26 lbs. I hope everything goes well.
  • HellYeahItsKriss
    HellYeahItsKriss Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    Noel_57 wrote: »
    My wife just called me a large boob recently. Apparently you're supposed to remove the snow from the Christmas tree before you bring it in. :/

There is no words to describe my love for your wit.
  • HellYeahItsKriss
    HellYeahItsKriss Posts: 906 Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    Nony_Mouse wrote: »
    OMG could men maybe stop commenting on a subject they know nothing about??

if you have a moment, go to youtube and search for "Transparen-she".. your comment reminded me of this video.. i would post it here but they say a swear word lol.. and it doesn't beep out as *kitten*.. lol

Its a perfect video but hilariously done showing how men seem to think their opinion on womens bodies is the most important.
  • Nony_Mouse
    Nony_Mouse Posts: 5,646 Member
    Options
    Nony_Mouse wrote: »
    OMG could men maybe stop commenting on a subject they know nothing about??

if you have a moment, go to youtube and search for "Transparen-she".. your comment reminded me of this video.. i would post it here but they say a swear word lol.. and it doesn't beep out as *kitten*.. lol

Its a perfect video but hilariously done showing how men seem to think their opinion on womens bodies is the most important.

Yep, that about sums it up.