Large Boob Question

Options

Replies

• bobtater1
    bobtater1 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    That is the stupidest pickup line ever tried by man.
  • HellYeahItsKriss
    HellYeahItsKriss Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    bobtater1 wrote: »
    That is the stupidest pickup line ever tried by man.

lol.. Oh.. im sure there is other comments that have been said..
  • the0cuteness
    the0cuteness Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I am a 36 i and 171 lbs and 5’3”, so we are identical. When i got down to 125, i took a 32 g, which still sounds large, but looked normal and was SO much smaller. I think your doctor is wrong.
  • GottaBurnEmAll
    GottaBurnEmAll Posts: 7,722 Member
    Options
    misnomer1 wrote: »
    Not a woman, but what compound lifting exercises have done for me is reduced random pain in my back, neck and also reduced migraines.

Reducing weight, and fixing your posture through lifting will fix your problem completely imo.

Possibly ease....won't usually fix in women with out of proportion tissue dense breasts

Reducing fat through weight loss might deal with some of that. Point is that this should be tried before something as big as surgery. 3 months is enough to gauge whether surgery is still warranted.

Not all women have fatty boobs...boobs can have a lot of breast tissue as well which won't go away with diet.

I've already said to op to wait until shes at goal but im saying to you that diet doesnt always work if they are tissue dense..

QFT. I'm someone who has a lot of breast tissue. These aren't going anywhere.
  • misnomer1
    misnomer1 Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    Nony_Mouse wrote: »
    OMG could men maybe stop commenting on a subject they know nothing about??

My sis in law was contemplating surgery for the same issue. Weight loss and back, shoulder strengthening fixed her issue without the need for surgery.
    No need to be parochial about others viewpoint without knowing anything about them.
  • GottaBurnEmAll
    Options
    Nony_Mouse wrote: »
    OMG could men maybe stop commenting on a subject they know nothing about??

My sis in law was contemplating surgery for the same issue. Weight loss and back, shoulder strengthening fixed her issue without the need for surgery.
    No need to be parochial about others viewpoint without knowing anything about them.

That's great. It also doesn't address how you put down someone who simply stated a fact differentiating between women whose breasts are large due to fat vs. women whose breasts are large due to breast tissue.
  • misnomer1
    edited December 2017
    Options
    Not a woman, but what compound lifting exercises have done for me is reduced random pain in my back, neck and also reduced migraines.

Reducing weight, and fixing your posture through lifting will fix your problem completely imo.

Possibly ease....won't usually fix in women with out of proportion tissue dense breasts

Reducing fat through weight loss might deal with some of that. Point is that this should be tried before something as big as surgery. 3 months is enough to gauge whether surgery is still warranted.

Not all women have fatty boobs...boobs can have a lot of breast tissue as well which won't go away with diet.

I've already said to op to wait until shes at goal but im saying to you that diet doesnt always work if they are tissue dense..

Because the bolded part was added by the poster after my reply to her.
    The earlier part makes it seem like the poster opinion was that OP should not lose weight but go for surgery ASAP.
    Edit: I was quite clear that OP should try weight loss and lifting first and if it doesnt solve the issue then think about surgery. Her reply seemed like she was against this thought process. Kindly check the timestamps to corroborate.
  • GottaBurnEmAll
    Options

The earlier part makes it seem like the poster opinion was that OP should not lose weight but go for surgery ASAP.

Point of note: Losing weight wouldn't impact BREAST TISSUE.

Which you had to be smarmy about to the OP. She in no way was implying that the original poster should go out and get surgery right away, btw, that's just your straw man here, it was just her making a point that weight loss won't necessarily shrink boobage for women with large breasts which is a point you seem insistent on making.

You would be wrong about that, because not all breasts are large because of fat. Some are large because of density of breast tissue. Now do you get where you were wrong?
  • misnomer1
    edited December 2017
    Options

Point of note: Losing weight wouldn't impact BREAST TISSUE.

Which you had to be smarmy about to the OP. She in no way was implying that the original poster should go out and get surgery right away, btw, that's just your straw man here, it was just her making a point that weight loss won't necessarily shrink boobage for women with large breasts which is a point you seem insistent on making.

You would be wrong about that, because not all breasts are large because of fat. Some are large because of density of breast tissue. Now do you get where you were wrong?

I get it. But that doesnt solve OPs problem. Hence i still suggest weightloss and lifting before surgery.
    Edit: there is no strawman in my post. Whether its fat or tissue doesnt change my opinion that WL and lifting should be tried first.
  • lucerorojo
    lucerorojo Posts: 790 Member
    Options
    I have big ones, but I haven't had surgery. Mine did get bigger since I've gained the weight, but already they have gotten a little smaller with 33 lbs. lost. At my highest weight I could squeeze into a 40DD but for most of the last 30 years have been a 36D. (That said in my 20s I was a 36B/C--each due to weight gain!) I do have very dense breast tissue, but the weight gain each time has caused me to get larger in the breasts.

I have never contemplated really having a surgery, but I'm not as big as the OP. If I were in her situation, I would wait until I reach goal weight and then reevaluate the situation. Since the OP is young and wants to have children, there is the breastfeeding factor. The surgery might be unnecessary at the goal weight with some loss in that area, as well as refitting of bras as some have said.
  • NextPage
    NextPage Posts: 609 Member
    Options
    I totally get that this is a difficult decision to make. I am a 36H and was experiencing back and shoulder pain but, as other posters have mentioned, strength training helped tremendously. Other things like pilates helped a little bit but ST made the biggest impact. I really don't have back pain at all anymore. I also try to switch from low to high heels so that I'm never in heels for too long (lets face it our centre of gravity does not need to be more forward!). I am 54 and it wasn't until I was in my late 30s that I had my first proper bra fitting. I am not sure what it is like where you live but my size is very expensive in shops. I have found a few brands (Panache, Freya, Fantasie) that I know have the right fit and lovely design and then I order them at affordable rates through ebay.uk. I am not sure why but the UK is the most busty girl friendly place in the world.
  • Jackibrazil
    Jackibrazil Posts: 124 Member
    Options

Edit: I was quite clear that OP should try weight loss and lifting first and if it doesnt solve the issue then think about surgery. Her reply seemed like she was against this thought process. Kindly check the timestamps to corroborate.

Unless you read her first comment to me...
  • Jackibrazil
    Jackibrazil Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    NextPage wrote: »
    I totally get that this is a difficult decision to make. I am a 36H and was experiencing back and shoulder pain but, as other posters have mentioned, strength training helped tremendously. Other things like pilates helped a little bit but ST made the biggest impact. I really don't have back pain at all anymore. I also try to switch from low to high heels so that I'm never in heels for too long (lets face it our centre of gravity does not need to be more forward!). I am 54 and it wasn't until I was in my late 30s that I had my first proper bra fitting. I am not sure what it is like where you live but my size is very expensive in shops. I have found a few brands (Panache, Freya, Fantasie) that I know have the right fit and lovely design and then I order them at affordable rates through ebay.uk. I am not sure why but the UK is the most busty girl friendly place in the world.

A lot of people mentioned strength training as helpful. Was there a large learning curve? I was strength training for a while assuming back and shoulder strength would help alleviate my pain but it just got worse so I stopped after a couple months. I even had a trainer making sure my posture was correct. Maybe it gets worse before better?
  • echastee92
    echastee92 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    My friend was a 36 G/H and she weighed anywhere from 145-170 pounds over the course of high school. She had a breast reduction when she was 16 to be a D cup. She never regretted it. Insurance covered everything and she was really happy with her new perkier breasts. She was really self conscious about her breasts on top of having bad back pain from the extra weight. Her weight fluctuation did not largely affect how she felt breast wise. I'd say go for it! Don't wait! You can still get them reduced to a size that would fit your frame. If you're an I cup and you're in a lot of pain then it's going to be at least quite a few months before you can lose the weight to get back to your old weight and even then you're breasts are going to be extra big. Maybe ask them to reduce them to DD/D and tell them you plan to lose some weight so you don't want to go too small. Whatever you're comfortable with. You can always go smaller, too.
  • echastee92
    echastee92 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    She did have the anchor scar but she was still more comfortable with them, lookwise, and feeling wise after the surgery. They looked really good, imo. They were nice, round, and perky. She took good care of them as her surgeon advised and never had a complication, btw
  • misnomer1
    edited December 2017
    Options
    OP, has a mammogram been done to determine how much fat is there? if not, one should wonder why the doc hasnt gotten it done.
  • NextPage
    NextPage Posts: 609 Member
    Options

A lot of people mentioned strength training as helpful. Was there a large learning curve? I was strength training for a while assuming back and shoulder strength would help alleviate my pain but it just got worse so I stopped after a couple months. I even had a trainer making sure my posture was correct. Maybe it gets worse before better? [/quote]

I would seek some professional advice from a physiotherapist or trainer. It is hard to say whether it was technique or too much weight. I started with light weight but progressed to higher weight as soon as the weight became easy. Also core work is important. I also treat myself to messages, chiro etc. so I would say that an overall wellness plan helped.