WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR AUGUST 2013

Options

Replies

• Kalley1959
    Kalley1959 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    Melanie – The bollywood dance workout sounds like so much fun. I bet you burned a ton of calories. Congratulations on the 51 lbs lost, it's a great feeling isn't it?

Becky, Darla, Rob53jk & Suz – welcome, I'm sure you will find this an amazingly supportive bunch of women. I look forward to getting to know you.

Rob53jk - I have arthritis in both knees and my spine, so I understand the painful knees. I walk when I can and it's helping.

Jeneba – We all go through those times, try not to be too hard on yourself. How is the book?

Grandmallie – wow you certainly are a busy lady. How's your foot feeling? It is quite amazing to see the difference once we incorporate the healthier eating and exercise. I'm walking a mile at a time and yet 6 months ago walking out to my car was enough to leave me winded.

Gail – happy belated birthday, what a beautiful morning set by your DH. I've not had any problems with MFP but sometimes my web browser freezes so I just go down to the task bar and right click and tell it to close the program.

Animika – it is a great bunch of ladies and don't worry, I haven't figured out how to post pictures or animations either

Cindy – congratulations on the loss..yahooo (doing the happy dance for you). I believe you can lose the 10 lbs before your anniversary or at least come really close to it.

Heather – good for you doing your press ups & plank before going to bed.

Katla – sounds like so much fun being out in the dingy with our dog.

Sonja – welcome to a fellow Canadian, winters can be quite a challenge. But where there is a will there is a way.

I'm exhausted today. We went to the drive in last night, we saw Despicable Me 2, Grownups 2 & Pacific Rim. We got there early as it's a long weekend here in Ontario so I knew it would be busy and it was. Both my DD & I brought our tablets & nail polish. Took our own snacks and water to limit temptation. I made sure not to drink too much as the bathrooms are disgusting and I have a phobia of public restrooms :happy: We didn't get home until 4 am. I slept til 10 this morning so my day has been thrown off by sleeping in.

Ok, don't laugh ... but a weird thing is happening on this journey to a healthier me. As you can see by my profile pic I've got a more round face and always have. I am losing weight on my face but not proportionately so the right side of my face is slimmer then the left. :noway: I notice it every time I look in the mirror. My DD says it's not that noticeable but I"m not sure I believe her, :laugh:

I'm going to try and get a walk in before dinner, DD is making a stir fry. yummmmy

:heart: Sandy from Ontario
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,781 Member
    Options
    evenin ladies,
    sorry I didnt post this morning, was just to busy,
    I overdid it on my foot today and I feel it, I took myself for a walk at 5 this morning, then took the dogs for there constitutional, then came in took a shower and went off to work. I just put my jammies on and have damn close to 19,000 steps on my pedometer. and boy is my heel screaming:grumble:
    I am sitting icing it right now, and probably will crash in bed in a bit, only got 6 1/2 hrs sleep last night so that didnt help..
    welcome welcome to all the newcomers, you will enjoy this group of ladies so very much:bigsmile:
  • genealace
    genealace Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    Good afternoon ladies.

Was lawn bowling this morning and although I didn't win, I did feel that I had a good game and delivered some good bowls.

Osteogenesis Imperfecta is a genetic disease and runs in families, often called Brittle Bone Disorder. My great nephew has it as does his son of 2 years age. The bones lack the collagen layer between the marrow and outside hard part of the bone. It can vary very much and some people have a mild kind (me) that affects, mostly, only one area of the body. In my case it is my arms. Until puberty OI sufferers can have lots of breaks, but it usually gets less intrusive in one's life after puberty. However, it has come back to bite me in the last 12 years and I've had several very bad breaks and now have a small arsenal of metal plates holding me together. It doesn't bother me, except that I am probably more careful when walking and doing stairs etc., and living here in Canada I am always VERY leery when there has been freezing rain or it is very slippery out.

Yes, Michele, I am on Prolia and have just had my 4th injection. My last bone density scan was done just before the first injection 2 years ago, so it will be interesting to get the results of the scan I had last month.

Happy belated birthday, Gail. Hope it was a good one, and here's to many more.

Lovely day here today and I think DBF will be calling me any time soon to pick me up to go out for supper. I think I'll opt for a local Italian restaurant where they do a fabulous salad. I'll take my own salad dressing so I know what is in it.
  • megblair1
    megblair1 Posts: 1,222 Member
    Options
    Hi gals! Hope you have had a good start to the week. I had to miss water aerobics for my physical. My doc was delighted at my weight loss and lifestyle changes. I took her a loaf of zucchini bread since she had her nurse call me last week to check up on me. Tomorrow I’ll have my thyroid and hemoglobin A1C and then in a week from tomorrow I’ll get my fasting blood sugar and lipid panel at my employee health screen. I even got a tetanus booster and a purple Barney dinosaur bandaid!
    So I missed water aerobics and ended up walking for exercise. It was soooooo humid I felt like I was melting.

Doggy’s lab work is mostly normal. His triglycerides are down from 1000 to 496, but now he’s itching some spots on his legs to where they are down to the skin. UGH will it ever end with this critter??? On the good side, the old man’s potassium supplement has really made a difference in the strength of his back legs. In case you didn’t’ know, the old man is an 18 year old cat!

I added up my exercise time for last week and I got 7 hours in which I find just amazing. I’m hoping for good results tomorrow. My weight at the doctor’s office was the best it’s been there, but I also had on my shoes and my keys were in my pocket. And then it was only 1 ½ pounds higher than the scale at work. So I was pleased.

Melanie: the shopping sounds great!!!

Juanita: you are so right about not focusing on mistakes and just moving on

Barbie: where do you get your energy?

Michele: your mouse/rat story reminds me of this….the other day there was a dead bird in one of our feeders…all pecked to death…ugh. I had to have DH throw it out and clean the feeder. I couldn’t even look at it.

Rhonda: your trip sounds beautiful! I love that area.

Gail: so glad you had a nice birthday!

Joyce: your day sounds exhausting and exhilarating at the same time!

Anamika: what I enjoy so much about this thread is reading the posts! I love knowing what everyone is up to, especially those who live in different countries or even different parts of the US. It’s like having a huge family all over the place.

Rob53: welcome to the group. My best advice is baby steps. Make one change and stick to it before trying to make others.

Cindy: congrats on the weight loss! 10# is a tough but do-able goal! We will be anxious to hear how it’s going!

Heather: good for you to get those exercises done!

DeeDee: do you have any idea what the arm and leg pain might be from?

Patceoh: good planning to get food ready for your trip.

Barb: 106???? Wow that is fabulous. I have always said I want to live to at least 100.

Suzy: great biking! I can’t ride that far yet….I’m only up to about 9 miles.

Katla: how wonderful that you can handle that boat all by yourself. That should extend the time you two can use it!

Sue: send that rain my way, please!

Darla: congrats on the weight loss!

50by50: welcome aboard. It sounds like you are having a tough time. This board has been a god send to me. I hope it is for you too. Sending you hugs

Kate: what did you catch???

Robin: so glad to see you happy and posting from work

Sonja: welcome to you too! I too find it easy to put things off, especially in winter when I want to just sleep!

Buganvilia: sounds like you have lots of motivation

Jane: sounds like you are back on track! Good for you!

Janie: I love what you said about being your own gym. That should come to my mind when I say “I can’t get to the gym or the
    pool or the whatever!”

Sandy: don’t worry; I have noticed a lot of “lopsided” slimming on my body too. It will even out (or at least I sure hope so)

Grandmallie: take care of that foot!!!

Genealace: I’m so glad to read that your OI doesn’t bother you too much these days despite the hardware! I’m sure you do have to be very careful as winter comes on. Take care!

I’m heading out to help DH bring all our stuff back into the garage. We can now get 3 cars in and we are hoping for 4 soon. There is a store here called “Absolute Garage” and we will have them come out to help organize the remaining space and create bike storage from the ceiling and hopefully have some ideas on kayak storage if we get them next year. Take care all. Meg from Omaha where it looks like it’s going to rain .
  • CritterSue
    CritterSue Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone,
    Been busy with my jobs. Finally I'll get some rest when it slows down in the fall. Gorgeous day today.
    Spending as much time as I can with my wonderful 14 year old whippet, Ryder. He is in congestive heart failure. Still having more good days than bad. I will cherish this time with him...
    Fell off track on weekend with a pancake breakfast. My thighs were quite satisfied after! Back on track today.
    Hope everyone has a great week!

Critter Sue
  • yanniejannie
    yanniejannie Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    Scanned the posts........quiet week end here. Gym this am; lunch w/friends, mall shopping and lots of it, home and back to gym for yoga. Then got absolutely floored by the news that a dear good friends' son was just killed in a car accident...........please hug everyone around you tonight and tell them you love them because life sure can change forever in a second............

yanniejannie........midAtlantic
  • phoo513
    phoo513 Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    Good Evening, Ladies & Welcome to all newcomers! :flowerforyou:

I started this post about 9 a.m., but it took me so long to get through the posts, that I ran out of time! It is now suppertime, and I am just getting back to it.

The home that I went to for lunch today is awesome! Oh, my. I called and described it to my SO, and he told me not to go into houses with drool hanging off my chin! My new friend, besides being a talented opera singer is also a stained-glass instructor! There are beautiful examples of her work all over her home. It was wonderful to see her treasures and to get to know her better. She has led such a rich life of traveling and learning, and I am so looking forward to hearing her stories. The young singer she is sponsoring from Japan is only 13! She is about as big as a minute! She has already been admitted to a university even though she is still in what we would call junior high. She is amazing.

So, as I was wondering through the meat department, I saw that they had lamb chops on sale. I have only eaten lamb a couple of times, but in my memory, I thought I had enjoyed them. I bought one and cooked it for supper. I did enjoy the flavor, but it was very stringy and chewy. Was this just a bad cut or are they always like this?

Gail in Atl- Happy belated Birthday! :flowerforyou: :drinker:

Vicki- Do you know of the Buckhorn Bar in Buckhorn, Wy? It used to be a favorite stop for bikers from Sturgis, and a friend used to own it. It was a great place to get a delicious buffalo burger!
    I just read your goals for August. #4 floored me! Is there a 12 Step program for that?

JaneMarin- You are right..... You Can Do This! And, we are all right here cheering you on! :drinker:

Janie- Have a wonderful trip! I love the birthday dance you posted for Gail!

Rori- I am only a decent "church" singer, but I have wonderfully talented and trained friends. I can hold my own as a backup singer, but you'll never find me in the spotlight. (I'm a weenie, remember)

Jill- Peach/mango/ginger jam! Oh, my, I am drooling.

Juanita- Does your little pup have grey ears? What a cutie! I really needed the quote you posted yesterday. It resonates with me on many different levels.

Michele- I am right there with you in the I hate mice club! :frown:

Rob53- Welcome!:flowerforyou: You will find lots of people willing to help you here. Just keep logging your food honestly and visiting this site often. You will do well with your journey.

Cindy- Isn't it a great gift to get on the scale thinking one way and see the numbers go down! Awesome!

Heather- I am so sorry that you will have to suffer through that whole Brie w/o DH to help you! :blushing:
    ---- I just read the post about giving the Brie to your cleaner..... great save!

DeeDee- Make that dr app't...... that's what you would tell any of us to do! Take care!

50by50- I am so sorry for the loss of your Mother and a dear friend.

Grandmallie- You just don't do "Take it Easy on that Foot", do you? :frown:

Sandy from Ont- I love your profile picture! I am willing to bet that no one sees any difference between sides of your face. I am glad you had fun at the drive in, but I would have been sound asleep half way through the second movie!

Ok, Ladies- I am going to go and do dishes. I hear thunder coming up the valley, so I don't think I am going to the pool! :bigsmile: I might be able to get in a walk if the storm passes through quickly.
    Have a great evening, everyone!

Pat (Phoo)
  • Vickil57
    Vickil57 Posts: 1,812 Member
    Options
    Good evening. It has been a busy day. I started mowing the lawn this morning and after about an hour I was beat. It was so humid and we have a double lot so lots of yard. Then this afternoon my DS brought his rider over and he did the middle and I mowed around everything. So it is done for another week and I feel good about my part. Tomorrow is weigh in day and I am hoping to hit the 100 pound mark. Know I have been pushing myself this last week to do more and walk more. So we will see at 5:30 in the morning,.
    Teri--Sounds like you had a very relaxing weekend, next time can I go? lol
    Gail-- Happy B-Lated Birthday.
    Heather--I love buying for the new grand babies. They make such cute things. Grandchild number 28 for us is due Jan 2014 so I have been picking up a few things. They have 4 boys and are hoping for a girl. So far they have not found out so buying things either can wear. If they find out they are having a girl then can go nuts on pink stuff as they will be very happy. Sometimes I wish I had a home pool and now I have the image of a pool boy. HMMM
    Jane--you can do it. Look forward and don't give up.
    Janie--Sounds like you have plans in place for DH and his trip to Sturgis. We are talking about going next year and I am hoping this time I can walk around and enjoy. The one time we went about 10 years ago I sat on the edge of town and watched the bikes come in and DH and DS walked around. I love the bunnies??? I have not learned how to do all that stuff yet. Maybe someday, I feel lucky I can figure how to find this site everyday.
    Rori-- What a beautiful butterfly. Great message.
    Jill-- Sometimes I have problems logging my food. It will not post and end up doing it several times and if it still won't I just give up and try again later.
    Melaine-Good buys, I have started checking the Good will and thrift shops as I have lost enough they have a few things.
    Juanita- Love the quote, wrote it down to save. Alot of people are riding trikes these days. We have one that is in the shop, but I love riding it as don't worry about falling over and I am learning to drive it. I have started riding the 2 wheel this last month as the trike is in being repaired and engine rebulit. I see alot of trikes on the road and several people in our CMA ride them.
    Barbie- I love this site and making it my 1st and only site most days. I feel the love and freindship and that makes things go better. thank you so much for keeping us going.
    Michele--Congrates on dealing with the mouse. You did better then I would of. Lighting candles for the kids is a good idea. God knows what is in your heart, and its important to keep praying. I have an on again off again relationship with DHs two daughters. Even though DH and I have been married almost 29 years they still try and do things to get him back with their moms. Somedays I just want to scream. So most the time DH talks with them and I just stay out of it. but he will not visit them without me as their mom lives with them. They have no problem with me being grandma to their kids and that works for me.
    Rhonda-- I know the let down after a family reunion. I always want them to go on longer. But life has to get back to normal. haha
    Joyce--sounds like you all had fun at the water park and the thing the GKs will remember is the fun, not how you looked. They know and love you for you. We have started going to the local waterpark once a year with as many of GKs we can. After setting on the side lines one year I dicided I wanted to be part of the fun. And some of the people dress so funky that I don't let myself think about what they think. I used to love roller coaster, but been so long not sure I could do it now.
    Barb-- 106 years old!!!!!
    Sandy-- the drive in sounds like it was fun. I remember going when I was little and then when I was in high school dating. Sure wish they still had some around here. I think you look fine in your picture. I think maybe part of it could be the way you are facing and your hair. You have a very pretty face.
    Well ladies I have written a book. Some of you ladies give me so much hope. Going out and doing things and doing some of them alone. boating and riding bikes in the park. I am hoping I can do that one day. Sounds like we have some storms coming in tonight. Glad the yard is done.
    Blessed, Vicki GI NE
  • Excel4success
    Options
    Hi all! Just joined MFP so looking forward to enjoying the company of this community on the journey to lose 100 lbs.!
  • Gardengail
    Gardengail Posts: 596 Member
    Options
    Hello to all -- for whatever reason I can't get page 9 to open. Maybe tomorrow I'll be able to see those posts.

Thanks for the additional birthday wishes. I've really been enjoying my FitBit and had over 10,400 steps today. I was so hungry at the end of the work day I came home to eat instead of going to the gym, then I walked after sundown. DH was off work today, too, so while I sometimes go ahead and go to the gym, I do try to come home when he is home in the evening.

Need to go cool off before bedtime...

Welcome to all the newbies and a shout-out to all the lurkers!

Gail, metro ATL

oh....almost forgot to say I'm going to take a trip to Asheville NC with my #1 BFF in September. Really looking forward to it!
  • rjscott
    rjscott Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Today was a success in terms of logging food and getting exercise–about 30 minutes running this morning and 20 minutes walking this evening. Thanks to all who share their journey and encouragement.
    Gail–Happy (belated) birthday!
    Joyce–Sounds like you had a wonderful family day
    Suzy–Your bike ride sounds wonderful
    Katla–What a sense of achievement to be able to handle and store the dinghy all by yourself
    Meg–So glad the doctor recognizes the changes you’ve made
    Yanniejannie–Life is so fragile; thanks for the reminder to tell those we love how much they mean to us
    Vicki–Impressed with your weight loss; hope you do hit the 100 lb lost mark
    Welcome to all who have posted for the first time!
    Rhonda in SE TN
  • jb_2011
    jb_2011 Posts: 1,029 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone!

Been so busy haven't had time to pop in lately! Canning season has begun, and trying to keep the gardens harvested & watered in this {wonderful} heat has been a chore. Not complaining! Love it love it love it. Bringing home red, ripe tomatoes is the best thing about this time of year, plus zucchini, green beans, corn, chard, beets, kale, celery and the first head of broccoli (since spring) just this week. :love:

Hubby's been working, thank goodness, but with him gone every day, I have way too many things to do besides get my fanny to the track every morning, walk the dogs and get myself to work. Not sure how to fit everything in a day, but I'll keep on truckin'. :bigsmile: We're planning a camping trip this Thurs-Sun, so I've got that to plan for on top of everything else. Not complaining! :laugh:

Doing well with my "Phase 2" program, but I didn't lose anything last week. Lost 2.2 in 2 weeks, then nada. That means I need to stay focused and not give up. It's amazing how we do so well, then life happens and throws a curve ball. :huh:

I've scanned through most of the pages, sure if fun reading what you've all been up to. I'll check in again next week sometime!

:smile: jb in warm, dry Portland
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,969 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Meg, you asked where I got all my energy…..keep in mind that I don’t have a job outside my home, children to raise, family meals to prepare, and a lot of the other obligations that you and others have…..I have a lot of time during my day to make my own choices of what to do and I’ve chosen to do things that add steps to my pedometer count…….the more I do, the more I want to do…..the other part is my choice of Isagenix products for some of my meals each day and the choice of healthy foods for the rest of my meals…..no desserts, no alcohol, no white flour, no caffeine (except for that crazy lapse into chocolate covered espresso beans on Thursday)…..it all works together.

:heart: Barbie from NW Washington

“If it’s important to you then you will find a way, if it’s not you’ll find an excuse.”

1461351h0otf8hco5.gif
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,380 Member
    Options
    Rhonda - I don't think I'll ever be aable to stop logging, either. I need something to keep me in check. Didn't log while we were away, and now I'm paying for it in terms of having "portion distortion". Need to get back on track.

Gail - glad you had such a lovely day!

Joyce - your day at the water park sounds so wonderful. I like the way you took things in stride and bowed to the others. Way to go!

amika - so glad you smiled so much. As an added thought...smiling uses more calories than frowing!

rob - you've come to a great place for motivation. Log all of your food, each and every bite. That will help immensely. barbie's advice is fantastic (as usual)

Cindy - congrats on the weight loss. Sometimes we just can't figure out what's going on with our bodies. I know right now I'm up and down, but I know I'm up because it's august. But today the Wii said I was down...go figure!

I sent Bryan and Diana a short email today, just saying that they were being thought of and asked how things were going.

Heather - the work for the pool is definitely worth the effort. We were THINKING that we'd be able to get all the riverrock done and then enjoy the pool in August while everyone else was sweltering. Well....mother nature had other plans for us....lol We're trying to keep ahead of things so that there isn't a whole lot of work to be done at the time of the social. Now...watch it rain that day! You are such a great help to your dh. I sure hope he's better today. Doing press ups (is that a pushup?) and the plank while woozy must have been something else. So proud that you did them, tho

DeeDee - how long has this been going on with your leg and foot?

barb from MA - your neighbor is 106!!!!!! Wow, now THAT'S impresssive! I like your goals of doing walking. When I was little, I used to walk to the next town to do shopping and never thought a thing about it. Plus...I was usually alone. Can't do that today (unfortunately). When I was pg with Bryan, I had a craving for ice cream, so I would walk to the local ice cream place, get an ice cream sandwich, and walk home.

Heather - now you're getting it...give things away that you don't want a whole lot of. That's what I do all the time.

katla - I think women DO get kinder as we age, we're more tolerant, don't feel that it's our way or no way, we realize that there are different ways of getting to the same place.

Boo..we won't be getting the carpet padding today. The carpeting pace is really backed up and they won't get to it today.

Helen - I hear ya about how hard it is getting back after a vacation. We got back on a Sunday, I didn't exercise on Monday and tried to get somewhat adjusted to the time change, but I did do something on Tuesday. I remember that even tho we walked a lot, I was feeling muscles that hadn't been used in a while. You'll get there, I know it. Come in for inspiration.

I still can't get that image of those pants out of my mind. But that's a good thing....it certainly is keeping me on track. Today I took the extremepump class. I decided to tuck my stretchy top into my shorts. The sight of me in the mirror...stomach sticking out...yuk. Many times when I'm exercising I find that the bottoms of the tops turn under so I'm trying tucking the tops into my shorts. Only problem is that it just shows off my stomach. Oh well...... Tomorrow I'll go to the Y and do a spinning downloadable program.

Vince has a MD appt this afternoon. He's been having a cough and he wants to see the MD about it. See, that's not me. I only go to the MD when I'm really really sick, not when a cough is just hanging on. Unless it's been hanging on for months, not days. But we're all different.

After spinning tomorrow I'll probably go to WalMart, need to buy gas for Mexican Train, do a little food shopping. They aren't good for their produce, but they're fairly decent for nonperishables.

Tonight I have mahjongg. I think I'll come home a different way and stop at one store to get cherries to take with me along with the couscous salad. See, I don't mind bringing the cherries home. As you know, that's my latest addiction.....lol

50by50 - so sorry to hear about your mom. You'll always miss her, but in time it won't hurt as much. Boy, did you give me a smile! At first I thought "she's 9 months pregnant?" Then I read it again and realized that you meant WHEN you were 9 months pregnant! I'm an emotional eater, too. Check in often for lots of support!

The carpet guy was here to measure how much padding we'll need. He's supposed to give us a quote and a date for when they can do it. Sure hope it's soon! I never thought of it, but he said to me "doesn't ServPro have to come back out to put the furniture back". I guess they do.

Robin - you sound so upbeat, I'm so happy for you

sonja - welcome to a great group! Love your quote....and so true You have very doable goals

I found that in a aclass, to me, the time we do a plank is too short. So just for the heck of it, I decided to see how long I could hold it on my own. I was able to do 2 minutes. How long does everyone else go for?

Sandy - good for you bringing your own snacks to the drive in. Plus...they were probably better tasting anyway.

genalace - thanks for the info about OI. It's interesting...I never knew that that existed!

Meg - hope you treasure that bandaid....lol Congrats on the fantastic weight loss

Critter Sue - good thoughts being sent to Ryder

yanniejannie - prayers for your friend and everyone else affected by this

Pat - I can't remember the last time I had lamb

excel - welcome

Went to a friend's and played mahjongg. Only maj'd once, tho

We have Mexican Train to go to tomorrow night.

Michele in NC
  • melfitnesspal13
    melfitnesspal13 Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    evenin ladies,
    sorry I didnt post this morning, was just to busy,
    I overdid it on my foot today and I feel it, I took myself for a walk at 5 this morning, then took the dogs for there constitutional, then came in took a shower and went off to work. I just put my jammies on and have damn close to 19,000 steps on my pedometer. and boy is my heel screaming:grumble:
    I am sitting icing it right now, and probably will crash in bed in a bit, only got 6 1/2 hrs sleep last night so that didnt help..
    welcome welcome to all the newcomers, you will enjoy this group of ladies so very much:bigsmile:

HI - quick question, where do you put your pedometer? It is not attractive on my work clothes and I can't quite figure out where to put it. Do you just keep it running all day? It is my first one. thanks!
  • melfitnesspal13
    melfitnesspal13 Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies -

First of all Critter Sue I am sorry to hear about your doggie Ryder. My babygirl lasted me 14 yrs, she's been gone close to 5 yrs now but I can still remember her so vividly. She was a great companion and was so darn cute. I haven't had the heart to take on a new puppy, mainly because we travel so much. I hope Ryder enjoys his last days and doesn't suffer. My heart goes out to you.

There are so many good ideas on these postings and I love the energy. Right now I have very little since it is past midnight and tomorrow is a workday. I did my workout really late and now I am hyper!! go figure.

Have a good day and most of all be grateful for what you have.

Melanie
    USA - NC
  • jmkmomm
    jmkmomm Posts: 3,247 Member
    Options
    Michelle, I have said before that when I was working as an RN that teaching was one of my greatest passions in my job. I feel that everything we do is teaching. Some of it is bad and some good. If I can show my daughters and grand daughters and maybe some one standing in line to get on the ride to laugh at your mistakes, get up and move on I feel like I have accomplished something, even if I am not able to be a nurse anymore. MS will never take that part away from me.

Joyce, Indiana
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Newbies: Welcome. This is a wonderful group of women. I hope you’ll come by often. Please let us know where you’re from. We have people here from several countries, states, and provinces. Knowing where we’re from makes being here more fun.:flowerforyou:

Sandy: I lose weight in fits and starts, but the weight seems to be coming off fairly evenly. I’ll bet your daughter is right that your face looks normal. You might be a little harder on yourself than anyone else would be.:flowerforyou:

Grandmallie: I sure hope you have very excellent shoes to support your foot through all this walking. It is always a challenge to push yourself enough to do some good without pushing so much you do harm. I’m sure you’ll do well with keeping a careful line.:flowerforyou:

Meg: I’ll bet you looked dashing in your purple Barney dinosaur band-aid. :bigsmile: Isn’t it great to get praise from a doctor for improving your own health.:flowerforyou:

Vicki: Good luck on hitting the 100 pound mark.:flowerforyou:

JB: I am in awe of all your food preservation. I enjoyed canning back when I had a lovely garden in my back yard and my son and daughter were little. I still know where the pressure canner is, but it has been years since I used it. :ohwell:

Michele: I love the term "portion distortion." :bigsmile: I always have to keep an eye on my portions or they creep up. In fact, I usually use a food scale and dishers to be sure I’m staying in line. When I’m away on vacation without them I always worry about how much I'm eating.

I climbed down a bank and picked blackberries this afternoon. Then I made blackberry kuchen cupcakes. DH and I split one and it was good. Tomorrow we’ll each have one for breakfast. The rest are going in the freezer.

I talked to my daughter on the phone this evening. Her old dog has been in poor health and she thought she would have to put him down. DD thought he had complications from an old injury caused when some nasty person swerved out of his lane and deliberately ran over him. The vet discovered he is diabetic, and DD is thrilled because this is treatable. She was afraid he'd have to be put down. She is now giving him insulin injections. He ate a little chicken for the first meal in a long while. Things are looking up for him. I hope it continues to go well.

Katla in Beautiful NW Oregon

August goals:
    1. Log every bite
    2. Move more.
    3. Drink at least 2 glasses of water daily.
  • tiarapants
    tiarapants Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options
    Good morning all my beautiful friends.

A sunny day in London and I'm glad to be back to work. It may sound extremely mean, but it is good to have a day away from my dad (although I've already spoken on the phone to him twice this morning).

I'm feeling a bit of an old crock. My knee and back are not happy and the pain around my navel area is excruciating. My next lot of surgery will not be for at least six weeks and in the meantime my tummy is swollen. This does not make me happy! I never thought I'd have to suffer from the feeling of tight waistbands again. Although my weight remains constant (in fact it has dropped again if anything), I cannot do any exercise that puts a strain on my stomach area at present. Once I'm sorted out, I will be throwing myself back into exercise to get back in the best condition I can.

I hope everyone is doing well.

Catch up with you soon my lovely VIT F clan.

Love to all.

Amanda x
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,781 Member
    Options
    Amanda- take my advise(like I should talk) because I dont take my own... please dont overdue.. you probably wouldnt have gotten the hernia if not moving stuff, I know how it is when you have siblings that dont care..
    please ,please ,please take care of yourself..
    I got up and made the DH lunch for tomorrow,he is all set for dinner left-overs from restaurant saterday.
    I was asleep by 6:30 last night and broke down and took 1/2 a pain pill for my heel.
    I know getting the weight off is very very important to me, but since I will be on my feet all day, all week, will not try walking this week.. I am taking the day off from formal exercise and will just work, tomorrow I will go to the gym at 4 am. I have to be at work at 7:30 am so want to have time to be able to walk the dogs and get my breakfast and lunch together,and the DH dinner..
    I have lost a couple of inches around the waist and hips:happy: so at least that is something of an accomplishment:drinker: