Just eaten a whole pizza, now I'm off to bed.

Options
Yeah, that's right. A full 12 inch, thin crust veg and triple cheese pizza, Caribbean wedges and coleslaw. 1325 calories, and I'm off to bed shortly.

The reason I posted this is because of all the bull crap I read about NOT eating after 7pm, or 3 hours before you go to bed.

I work strange hours, so I'm nocturnal. Breakfast between 6pm and 7pm. Lunch at around 1am and then dinner between 6am and 8am. I usually eat an hour before I go to bed, and I've lost weight consistently every week for the last 3 months.

So, we can put the whole "don't eat before bed, or you'll get fat" myth to bed <<< (see what I did there)

Replies

• _EndGame_
    _EndGame_ Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    Just to add, if you think 1325 is a lot, after exercise, I usually have between 2000 - 2200 calories to consume, then I aim to eat back half (usually of my exercise calories.
  • poohpoohpeapod
    poohpoohpeapod Posts: 776 Member
    Options
    that doesnt make it smart lol.
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options
    Yeah, that's right. A full 12 inch, thin crust veg and triple cheese pizza, Caribbean wedges and coleslaw. 1325 calories, and I'm off to bed shortly.

The reason I posted this is because of all the bull crap I read about NOT eating after 7pm, or 3 hours before you go to bed.

I work strange hours, so I'm nocturnal. Breakfast between 6pm and 7pm. Lunch at around 1am and then dinner between 6am and 8am. I usually eat an hour before I go to bed, and I've lost weight consistently every week for the last 3 months.

So, we can put the whole "don't eat before bed, or you'll get fat" myth to bed <<< (see what I did there)

Yum yum. I'm jealous.
  • poohpoohpeapod
    Options
    your theory holds no water how much extra weight could you have lost by eating when you were going to stay awake..hmmmm.
  • RECowgill
    RECowgill Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    This is not a big deal if you are eating 3000+ cals a day. Good job knockin out that pizza! =)
  • DopeItUp
    DopeItUp Posts: 18,771 Member
    Options
    Weak. No meat on the pizza? Good attempt but try again! :D
  • _EndGame_
    Options
    your theory holds no water how much extra weight could you have lost by eating when you were going to stay awake..hmmmm.

Well, it works for me. I eat and lift weights before I go to bed. I always make sure I stay within my daily allowance, and I always lose weight. Regardless what time you eat, the weight still comes off the same.

I could probably sleep walk to the kitchen, then start eating like some kind of demented beast, as long as I stayed within my allowance, I'll lose weight.
  • Tiffa0909
    Tiffa0909 Posts: 191 Member
    Options

The same , calorie intakes does not change depending on the hour. 3500 calorie in the morning is going to be the same at midnight .
  • _EndGame_
    Options
    Weak. No meat on the pizza? Good attempt but try again! :D

I don't eat much meat anymore anyway! The GF is vegetarian, it's easier to NOT eat it, trust me.
  • born2drum
    born2drum Posts: 731 Member
    Options
    As long as you stay in a deficit, nutrient timing does not matter.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,540 Member
    Options
    He's under calorie limit, so why isn't it smart? Meal timing has no effect on weight loss. I'm eating now and it's 10:50pm. I'll eat till about 11:30pm (maybe an apple) then off to bed. But still will be within calorie limit.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • justdoingit13
    Options
    I just recently read an article in a medical newsletter that eating before you go to bed or what time of day does not matter.....it is all about the number of calories. PERIOD!!!
  • poohpoohpeapod
    Options
    yep I guess science iws wrongGraveyard workers that eat during times the body should be sleeping have higher sugar levels higher weights hifgher incidents heart disease on and on. They die younfger as well. So chow down!!
  • KarenJanine
    KarenJanine Posts: 3,497 Member
    Options
    The only downside of pizza pre-bed is the cheese fuelled dreams.
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options
    yep I guess science iws wrongGraveyard workers that eat during times the body should be sleeping have higher sugar levels higher weights hifgher incidents heart disease on and on. They die younfger as well. So chow down!!

Do you have proof of these claims?

I need to know, cause it's 8pm and I'm eating a cup of ice cream. Life or death here.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,540 Member
    Options
    I just recently read an article in a medical newsletter that eating before you go to bed or what time of day does not matter.....it is all about the number of calories. PERIOD!!!
    Truth. Science and math actually work.

IDEA Fitness member
  • _EndGame_
    Options
    The only downside of pizza pre-bed is the cheese fuelled dreams.

I like dreams.

I heard if you eat Blue Stilton cheese before bed, you lucid dream!

Note to self - buy some Blue Stilton cheese.
  • weightlossdiva1219
    weightlossdiva1219 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    He's under calorie limit, so why isn't it smart? Meal timing has no effect on weight loss. I'm eating now and it's 10:50pm. I'll eat till about 11:30pm (maybe an apple) then off to bed. But still will be within calorie limit.

IDEA Fitness member

I think maybe they meant that pizza isn't healthy food. I could stay in my calorie range on just mcdonalds. I stayed under, but that doesnt make it a good idea.
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    This happens if you eat late (true story):
    MTUL6.gif
  • navyrigger46
    navyrigger46 Posts: 1,301 Member
    Options
    I love it. I finished my workout at about 10:45, swung by the local Mexican eatery for a chicken chimi, horked the whole thing down and now I'm going to hit the sack.

Shoulda had some meat on that pizza though bro.

Rigger