What’s on your mind

Options

Replies

• iMago
    iMago Posts: 8,714 Member
    Options
    How weird are memories. Like when you are trying to recreate something in your head and conjure up the pictures. Try think back to the earliest memory and how hazy it all is.

what i think of as my first full memory, basically the point at which i started remembering one day to the next in order at least- i was 4 and i was in my bedroom closet. digging through this old busted toy box without a lid that my folks had gotten for us. me and my brother had these two big plastic toy camaro cars. his was red and mine was yellow. anyhow i grabbed the yellow one and then i grabbed one of my Batman toys and i was trying to put him in the car and he wouldn't fit.

i remember it was before lunch time then because i ended up going back out into the kitchen and my ma had made some Mac n cheese for us.

i got earlier memories than that but yeah they're not fully formed and definitely hazy at times.
  • amorfati601070
    amorfati601070 Posts: 2,866 Member
    Options
    cee134 wrote: »
    What do people born blind dream about?

Smell and sound.

Yeah, I thought so. I dont know about smell...that needs more external stimuli...you can create sound with your mind. They cannot really even feel bad about being blind because they have never experienced vision to be able to miss it.
  • amorfati601070
    amorfati601070 Posts: 2,866 Member
    Options

I’ve read that they see things in their dreams

Yeah but how? Where do they draw their inspiration from? They csn just conjure up abstract visions from nothing?
  • cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
    Options

Smell and sound.

Yeah, I thought so. I dont know about smell...that needs more external stimuli...you can create sound with your mind. They cannot really even feel bad about being blind because they have never experienced vision to be able to miss it.

I have smelled things in my dream, but only when my dream made it a point to point it out to me. Smell and touch absolutely can be recreated in a dream.

All external stimuli can be recreated by the mind. It's an amazing thing and one I wish I could control. Ever been drunk in a dream (and it feels like being drunk) and when you woken up it was fine? Well, I wish I could do that, and I know it may be possible.

I have also read stuff in my dream. But it turned into more what I was expecting to read then me just reading anything.
  • SirMxyzptlk
    SirMxyzptlk Posts: 841 Member
    Options
    I talk about MFP like y’all are real.

Mine are implants.
  • SwannySez
    SwannySez Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options

I’ve read that they see things in their dreams

If they’re blind from birth, how would they know?

I would assume it’s similar to what your imagination conjures up from reading a fiction novel. In fact when I read the novel before it comes out in theatre I’m always disappointed, it’s never like I’ve imagined.

I am often disappointed by movies based on novels that I have read, but not always. I tend to see them as completely separate entities. For example, I loved Stephen King's The Shining. Kubrick's film adaptation was wildly different, but I loved it too for what it was. Same thing when Affleck adapted Chuck Hogan's Prince of Thieves into The Town. Very different, but I loved 'em both.
  • cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
    Options
    How anyone in this day and age can live without a goat???
  • RunHardBeStrong
    RunHardBeStrong Posts: 33,069 Member
    Options
    How anyone in this day and age can live without a goat???

:joy:
  • iMago
    iMago Posts: 8,714 Member
    Options
    Today marks 3 weeks that I haven't had any alcohol. Just a little over 1 month ago, I was drinking to try to forget my problems, to try to forget the sadness I've been feeling, the grief. Now today... I still have a long way to go to feel happy again, but I'm proud of myself for trying and giving myself the gift of trying to be a better, happier me.

good to hear lady. keep at it.
  • CaptainFantastic01
    CaptainFantastic01 Posts: 9,557 Member
    Options

Thanks for this! I guess I’m wrong! Sorry guys