What’s on your mind

Options

Replies

• Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Options
    cee134 wrote: »
    How anyone in this day and age can live without a goat???

it's okay; you're covered.

usatsi_11988837_133468180_lowres_0.jpg?itok=pK4rA30C
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Options
    Today marks 3 weeks that I haven't had any alcohol. Just a little over 1 month ago, I was drinking to try to forget my problems, to try to forget the sadness I've been feeling, the grief. Now today... I still have a long way to go to feel happy again, but I'm proud of myself for trying and giving myself the gift of trying to be a better, happier me.

Mad Re5peXt.
  • SirMxyzptlk
    SirMxyzptlk Posts: 841 Member
    Options
    Today marks 3 weeks that I haven't had any alcohol. Just a little over 1 month ago, I was drinking to try to forget my problems, to try to forget the sadness I've been feeling, the grief. Now today... I still have a long way to go to feel happy again, but I'm proud of myself for trying and giving myself the gift of trying to be a better, happier me.

I have some experience there.
    All worth it.

All the strength and positive vibes.
  • RunHardBeStrong
    RunHardBeStrong Posts: 33,069 Member
    edited January 2019
    Options
    This ice/snow storm needs to back the f up and go somewhere else.

*on a possibly unrelated note, that ice out there is slippery and if my leg isn't fractured then it sure hurts like a s.o.b. and that is going to make a really pretty bruise.
  • cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
    Options
    Motorsheen wrote: »
    cee134 wrote: »
    How anyone in this day and age can live without a goat???

it's okay; you're covered.

usatsi_11988837_133468180_lowres_0.jpg?itok=pK4rA30C

u4gheqapb6bs.gif
  • Bullet_with_Butterfly_Wings
    Options
    What do people born blind dream about?

I’ve read that they see things in their dreams

If they’re blind from birth, how would they know?

I would assume it’s similar to what your imagination conjures up from reading a fiction novel. In fact when I read the novel before it comes out in theatre I’m always disappointed, it’s never like I’ve imagined.

Yes but you have a visual reference. You know what a color is. You know what light is. Read the article, it’s pretty good

It’s very interesting. I guess even our dreams are ultimately based on our reality.

I've read a lot about NDEs and interestingly enough... ever blind person to have experienced one... could 'see' the experience.
  • Bullet_with_Butterfly_Wings
    Options

Three weeks for me too 🙂
    Proud of you!

and I see you are growing your little home gym :) Proud of you boo.... proud of both of you :*:*
  • cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
    Options
    Everyone should watch this movie once.

Especially if you like: ninjas, a dinosaur cop named Triceracop, rogue arcade machine robot, Valkyries, etc.

KUNG FURY Official Movie [HD]
    31:02

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bS5P_LAqiVg
  • Deadman_Diggingup
    Deadman_Diggingup Posts: 3,082 Member
    Options

Three weeks for me too 🙂
    Proud of you!

and I see you are growing your little home gym :) Proud of you boo.... proud of both of you :*:*

Awww 🥰 Thank you Boo.
  • nahmm83
    nahmm83 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    “My words will either attract a strong mind or offend a weak one”.....May the bridges I burn light the way.
  • CaptainFantastic01
    CaptainFantastic01 Posts: 9,557 Member
    Options
    I forgot my bag o’lunch and had to buy a yogurt. Forgot a spoon. Ate with my fingers. Not as bad as I thought it would be.

This was a ride, also a fun thing to think about, as this is a difficult task
  • Den_of_Iniquity
    Den_of_Iniquity Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    SwannySez wrote: »

I would assume it’s similar to what your imagination conjures up from reading a fiction novel. In fact when I read the novel before it comes out in theatre I’m always disappointed, it’s never like I’ve imagined.

I am often disappointed by movies based on novels that I have read, but not always. I tend to see them as completely separate entities. For example, I loved Stephen King's The Shining. Kubrick's film adaptation was wildly different, but I loved it too for what it was. Same thing when Affleck adapted Chuck Hogan's Prince of Thieves into The Town. Very different, but I loved 'em both.

What did you think of the remake of the Shining?
  • Den_of_Iniquity
    Options

Three weeks for me too 🙂
    Proud of you!

The alcohol industry must hate the time after New Years. I also cut out alcohol about that time. Congratulations to you both!
  • SwannySez
    SwannySez Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options

I am often disappointed by movies based on novels that I have read, but not always. I tend to see them as completely separate entities. For example, I loved Stephen King's The Shining. Kubrick's film adaptation was wildly different, but I loved it too for what it was. Same thing when Affleck adapted Chuck Hogan's Prince of Thieves into The Town. Very different, but I loved 'em both.

The miniseries with the guy from Wings who is not Tim Daly and the hooker from Risky Business who was not an African-American transwoman? I was less than enthused. It was faithful...to a fault.
  • Den_of_Iniquity
    Options

The miniseries with the guy from Wings who is not Tim Daly and the hooker from Risky Business who was not an African-American transwoman? I was less than enthused. It was faithful...to a fault.

Agreed. I didn't care for the actors, but I did enjoy the faithfulness. It was interesting to see at least.
  • amorfati601070
    amorfati601070 Posts: 2,866 Member
    edited January 2019
    Options
    I'm thinking what Happened to the other one?

I think we talked about religion or something..

Oh shiii...I'm doing it again.
  • RhiAnLewis17
    RhiAnLewis17 Posts: 2,299 Member
    Options
    I forgot my bag o’lunch and had to buy a yogurt. Forgot a spoon. Ate with my fingers. Not as bad as I thought it would be.

This was a ride, also a fun thing to think about, as this is a difficult task

Do you need a minute?
  • thomasdiet
    thomasdiet Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    unfortunately my next meal
  • SwannySez
    SwannySez Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options

Agreed. I didn't care for the actors, but I did enjoy the faithfulness. It was interesting to see at least.

I am quite curious to see what Mike Flanagan does with Doctor Sleep.