What’s on your mind

Options

Replies

• cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
    Options
    empresssue wrote: »
    pudgy1977 wrote: »
    Why in our dreams do people not look like the person that they are supposed to be?
    It's weird to think 'And Nancy was there, but it didn't look like Nancy.....' Why wasn't is actually Nancy??

I had to look this up, as it's a very good question. It is called Disjunctive cognition. Apparently recognizing who a person is and knowing what they look like are functions that are handled in two separate areas of the brain, and the function that help the two parts work in unison is suspended during sleep.

You're the best. And now I feel silly that I didn't just type that question in Google rather than on here so that I could have answered my own question! That is very interesting. Bodies and minds are truly amazing

I'm wondering why human google @cee134 didn't know the answer to this.......

Because I was trying to figure out who Nancy was.
  • empresssue
    empresssue Posts: 2,977 Member
    Options
    cee134 wrote: »
    Why in our dreams do people not look like the person that they are supposed to be?
    It's weird to think 'And Nancy was there, but it didn't look like Nancy.....' Why wasn't is actually Nancy??

I had to look this up, as it's a very good question. It is called Disjunctive cognition. Apparently recognizing who a person is and knowing what they look like are functions that are handled in two separate areas of the brain, and the function that help the two parts work in unison is suspended during sleep.

You're the best. And now I feel silly that I didn't just type that question in Google rather than on here so that I could have answered my own question! That is very interesting. Bodies and minds are truly amazing

AAAAHHHH, makes perfect sense.
  • LiftingSpirits
    LiftingSpirits Posts: 2,207 Member
    Options

Glad you didn't cuz now we both learnt some stuffs

Good point! MFP: Sharing the knowledge
  • LiftingSpirits
    LiftingSpirits Posts: 2,207 Member
    Options

I am keeping Nancy a secret since he didn't answer my question. It will make him completely crazy for at least 27 minutes
  • empresssue
    empresssue Posts: 2,977 Member
    Options

I am keeping Nancy a secret since he didn't answer my question. It will make him completely crazy for at least 27 minutes

I like the way you think :lol:
  • cee134
    edited January 2019
    Options

I did though.
    yes
  • ray83c
    ray83c Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I need to get to the gym today...
  • RomaineCalm
    RomaineCalm Posts: 3,972 Member
    Options
    this AM i took out this tri tip roast i got and set up the slow cooker. i seasoned the meat with mexican spices and i got out a giant cast iron pan and i made bacon, then used the leftover fat to sear the meat and put it in the cooker. then i deglazed the pan with red wine and poured that into the cooker too. thinking i’ll let it go 8 hours on low and try let it just fall apart a little bit, then maybe fajitas if my kids want those tonite

I'm coming for dinner.
  • Pour_Decisions
    Pour_Decisions Posts: 1,053 Member
    Options
    this AM i took out this tri tip roast i got and set up the slow cooker. i seasoned the meat with mexican spices and i got out a giant cast iron pan and i made bacon, then used the leftover fat to sear the meat and put it in the cooker. then i deglazed the pan with red wine and poured that into the cooker too. thinking i’ll let it go 8 hours on low and try let it just fall apart a little bit, then maybe fajitas if my kids want those tonite

This sounds delicious!
  • Deadman_Diggingup
    Deadman_Diggingup Posts: 3,082 Member
    Options
    On my mind…..
    If I can get to even reasonably healthy shape at my age it'll be a small miracle.
  • Den_of_Iniquity
    Den_of_Iniquity Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    On my mind…..
    If I can get to even reasonably healthy shape at my age it'll be a small miracle.

Dude, I saw those pics you recently put in selfie thread, you are polaroid ripped!
  • Deadman_Diggingup
    Deadman_Diggingup Posts: 3,082 Member
    Options
    On my mind…..

Dude, I saw those pics you recently put in selfie thread, you are polaroid ripped!

I have some bad news for you………
  • RomaineCalm
    Options
    If Hank is ok (maybe lurking) and more importantly did she get that thing out of her teeth.
  • cee134
    Options
    If Hank is ok (maybe lurking) and more importantly did she get that thing out of her teeth.

She's busy writing jokes for MFP.

Sidenote: my profile pic is from part of her last selfie, not here, which wasn't too long ago.
  • RomaineCalm
    Options

Sidenote: my profile pic is from part of her last selfie, not here, which wasn't too long ago.

Interesting...I wondered what that was from.
  • cee134
    edited January 2019
    Options

Interesting...I wondered what that was from.

@caco_ethes coffee mug

There's a funny story about it too.
  • cee134
    Options
    iMago wrote: »
    it was Yanny not Laurel

What was?
  • cee134
    Options
    A trip to the Atlantic coast