White bread

Options
124»

Replies

• ritzvin
    ritzvin Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options
    I am really, really missing the awesome button right now.

ditto
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    I am really, really missing the awesome button right now.

Sorry you are dealing with that. Hugs!

More seriously, me too.
  • AudreyJDuke
    AudreyJDuke Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    You don't have to give up anything you love, just enjoy it in moderation.
  • apullum
    apullum Posts: 4,838 Member
    Options
    Now I have been singing Les Mis (Les Pains?) all night, and I want bread.
  • vingogly
    vingogly Posts: 1,785 Member
    Options
    I try to eat whole grain products most of the time for the fiber, but sometimes there's nothing like a slice of white bread fresh out of the oven with plenty of butter. Or a fresh baguette crunchy on the outside and meltingly soft like a cloud inside.

Eat nothing but low fiber foods and you're asking for digestive tract trouble, but if you eat whole grain most of the time some low fiber stuff with lots of sugar isn't going to kill you.
  • TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options
    nutmegoreo wrote: »
    thecharon wrote: »
    What about all the dangers of white bread? Ex:
    4h3xt57on4v9.jpg

Is that a purrbread cat?

I do believe that would be an inbread cat.

Legit just pasted my monitor with lunch. Thanks.
  • J72FIT
    J72FIT Posts: 5,948 Member
    Options
    So I work out pretty good eat pretty clean but white bread I can't seem to let it go. I don't eat it often 2x a week but will this really stop me from losing weight and toning?

No. White bread's only draw back is it's lack of fiber. That said, if your diet is varied enough you'll get your fiber elsewhere and it will be a non issue...
  • J72FIT
    J72FIT Posts: 5,948 Member
    Options
    psuLemon wrote: »
    I think the more concerning issues is why you love white bread. I always think it taste like sadness... Potato bread is where it's at.

For the win!!!
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    This is my fav thread ever.
  • estherdragonbat
    estherdragonbat Posts: 5,283 Member
    Options
    But carbs don't impede weight loss.
  • apullum
    apullum Posts: 4,838 Member
    Options
    At the end of the loaf it’s a little bit sadder
    And that’s all you can say for the last of the bread
    It’s a challah or a rye
    And there’s no more that anyone’s eating
    One more slice lying about, what is it for?
    One slice less to be toasted.

At the end of the loaf it’s a little bit staler
    And all of the people have eaten their fill
    And the croutons will be baked
    They will top all of our salads
    And the dressing will be poured on, bowls will be filled
    One leaf more to be eaten.

At the end of the loaf there’s another loaf waiting
    And the dough on the table is ready to rise
    Like the rolls all white and fluffy
    For the people who come back for seconds
    There’s a hunger in the home
    There’s a bread basket waiting to be filled
    With cheese bread or garlic or both
    At the end of the loaf.
  • JaydedMiss
    JaydedMiss Posts: 4,286 Member
    Options
    nutmegoreo wrote: »
    thecharon wrote: »
    What about all the dangers of white bread? Ex:
    4h3xt57on4v9.jpg

Is that a purrbread cat?

I do believe that would be an inbread cat.

Im crying LOL
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    dewd2 wrote: »
    If you can find it, try Schmidt 647 bread. It tastes just as normal as regular white bread, but nutritionally allows me to guiltlessly have more than 1 slice!

How is that? I eat white bread guilt free.... Its not like I had to steal it.

What I intended to get across was if "Bread A" had lower carb count and (much!) more fiber than "Bread B," for someone looking to lose weight, "Bread A" may be the better choice. But thanks for your valuable, insightful comment.

The problem is when you choose "Bread A" over "Bread B" and "Bread A" tastes like cardboard, how long are you going to continue eating "Bread A"? Then, since you've already decided "Bread A" was a bad food, when you cave and eat "Bread B" you feel like you fell off the wagon and the diet goes out the window.

I eat foods I like. If at the end of the day I can't fit "Bread A" into my calorie limit, I may still have it. I will have it because I don't care if I go over on a single day. I don't care if I go over 2 days in a row. What I care about is my weekly goals. Sometimes (like around the holidays and when I'm not training for anything) I only care about monthly goals.

So give me some Dave's Killer White Bread in all it's 10,000 calorie glory and I will be very happy.

This. The "best bread for weight loss" is the one that you can best fit into a consistent calorie deficit. For some of us, that's eating higher calorie bread less often (or reducing other things so that we can fit it or just making sure we balance out over time if we go over on a specific day). For others, that's finding a lower calorie bread (or a bread that is higher in fiber). There is no one-size-fits-all solution.

As for me, I'd rather have higher calorie bread less often instead of having a bread that is "better" by some metric more often but doesn't fully satisfy me.
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,576 Member
    Options
    dewd2 wrote: »
    If you can find it, try Schmidt 647 bread. It tastes just as normal as regular white bread, but nutritionally allows me to guiltlessly have more than 1 slice!

How is that? I eat white bread guilt free.... Its not like I had to steal it.

What I intended to get across was if "Bread A" had lower carb count and (much!) more fiber than "Bread B," for someone looking to lose weight, "Bread A" may be the better choice. But thanks for your valuable, insightful comment.

The problem is when you choose "Bread A" over "Bread B" and "Bread A" tastes like cardboard, how long are you going to continue eating "Bread A"? Then, since you've already decided "Bread A" was a bad food, when you cave and eat "Bread B" you feel like you fell off the wagon and the diet goes out the window.

I eat foods I like. If at the end of the day I can't fit "Bread A" into my calorie limit, I may still have it. I will have it because I don't care if I go over on a single day. I don't care if I go over 2 days in a row. What I care about is my weekly goals. Sometimes (like around the holidays and when I'm not training for anything) I only care about monthly goals.

So give me some Dave's Killer White Bread in all it's 10,000 calorie glory and I will be very happy.

That would only be a problem if Bread B tastes like cardboard and there is no Bread C (or D or E) with high fiber to eat instead.