Name one thing you did that helped you get to you goal..

Options
1235»

Replies

• christinaostroff
    christinaostroff Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Logging my food... I started off just on paper but now love using MFP. It held me accountable and more importantly, helped me adjust specific eating habits and make specific dietary goals. For example, I realized that if I ate a crappy breakfast I tended to make worse choices the rest of the day.
  • Tinkachu
    Tinkachu Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Appetite suppressants. No more binge eating on a regular basis, yay. It's easier for me to not obsess over food when I'm surrounded by it at work too now.
  • apullum
    apullum Posts: 4,838 Member
    Options
    Weighing my food and logging everything. I'm very short, so my deficit became extremely small as I approached my goal weight, and I learned the value of logging every last bite I took. I didn't give up any food that I wanted to eat, as I don't think that approach is sustainable in the long term.
  • fshafaat
    fshafaat Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    cwolfman13 wrote: »
    I was just consistent in hitting my calorie targets...I didn't jump around from plan to plan or this or that...I remained consistent in the process and trusted the process, knowing that it was going to take time.

I always have this habit of not sticking to the calorie target and therefore derail every time. I started again and this time promised myself to be honest to myself and stick to 1800 calories and not jump around like it did before
  • mysteps2beauty
    mysteps2beauty Posts: 494 Member
    Options
    I come here daily, to log, to learn, to help anyway I can. If you keep coming here, I believe you will succeed. My bad days are getting fewer and fewer. I acknowledge this is a lifestyle not a race. I ate good for the holidays. :wink: But I'm back in the saddle. I'm a perfectionist, which means, or use to mean, if I can't do it perfectly, I'm not going to do it at all. So, I pushed aside being a perfectionist, but perfectly do one thing. If I eat breakfast and I choose to make it perfectly, that's what I do. The rest of the day is less perfect. And I'm okay with that. Just accept that you have your own unique ways to get to where you want to get to. Just don't stop. No. matter. what.
  • pamfgil
    pamfgil Posts: 449 Member
    Options
    I work with my own traits, e.g. I'm better at keeping up with exercise if I don't need to go somewhere to start, so I exercise at or from home
  • GW4321
    GW4321 Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    I decreased my calorie consumption significantly by cutting out “extra” calories. For example, not eating cheese or mayo on a sandwich. Another example is adding butter OR sour cream to a baked potato, but not both. It doesn’t seem like a big deal, but small changes each meal can really add up throughout the day.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!