Less alcohol- January 2018- one day at a time

Options

Replies

• MaryBethHempel
    MaryBethHempel Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    MaryBethHempel wrote: »
    Goal — January under 7 drinks a week- for my health.....my mind.....my body....Freedom from alcohol ruling my life!

1/1 =alcohol free
    1/2 = 4 wine spritzers
    1/3 =alcohol free
    1/4 =alcohol free
    1/5 =alcohol free while my husband must of drank almost 2 bottles of wine....I wasn't tempted, which was great!
    1/6 =alcohol free while my husband must of drank almost 2 bottles of wine
    1/7 =alcohol free while my husband must of drank almost 2 bottles of wine-I copy and paste! Rerun! :) I feel that now I don't even want one drink as it is never enough...I always want more! I will see how long I can be FREE from alcohol. Losing weight and feeling great!
    1/8 =DITTO...I slept better last night--had an Atkins bar around 8...maybe that was it...I also had to go to my guest room again for my husbands snoring started again! :)
    1/9 =DITTO and lost another pound---Wow! 7 days alcohol FREE!! This is the longest I have gone for years!
    1/10 =8 days freedom
    1/11 =9 days freedom- looking forward to reading my new books...This Naked Mind and Blackout-Remembering The Things I Drank to Forget...
    1/12 =10 days clean! My hubby only drank during the day, not last night. He didn't snore last night, so I didn't have to go to our guest room to sleep. Read the first 2 1/2 chapters of This Naked Mind and finding it interesting.
    1/13 =11 Days freedom! It is actually getting easier at this point...I just ordered some liver detox....
    1/14 =12 Days freedom! It really helps to have all you on MFP for support! Thank you all!! :)
    1/15 =13 days---Wow! I am finally sleeping in my own bed now because my husband cuts off his drinking at night and he doesn't snore so loud to make me go into our guest room! LOL! He didn't like me going into the guest room, so he cut down... :)
    1/16 =14 days freedom! 2 weeks!! YAY! I have to note how yesterday was a bit interesting when my hubby just bottle a bunch of wine and said to me, "Taste this, it is better than the usual Concord that we make". I told him immediately that I was just drinking green tea and it wouldn't taste good. I was so glad that I was drinking tea, as I would have been tempted to taste it. I feel that if it happens again that I am prepared now and will decline. I am going to tell him today not even to ask me to taste. :)

1/17 =15th day freedom! Had another great morning of working out...ready to play some music!
    1/18 =
    1/19 =
    1/20 =
    1/21 =
    1/22 =
    1/23 =
    1/24 =
    1/25 =
    1/26 =
    1/27 =
    1/28 =
    1/29 =
    1/30 =
    1/31 =
  • MaryBethHempel
    MaryBethHempel Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    Goal — January under 7 drinks a week- for my health.....my mind.....my body....Freedom from alcohol ruling my life!

1/1 =alcohol free
    1/2 = 4 wine spritzers
    1/3 =alcohol free
    1/4 =alcohol free
    1/5 =alcohol free while my husband must of drank almost 2 bottles of wine....I wasn't tempted, which was great!
    1/7 =alcohol free while my husband must of drank almost 2 bottles of wine-I copy and paste! Rerun! :) I feel that now I don't even want one drink as it is never enough...I always want more! I will see how long I can be FREE from alcohol. Losing weight and feeling great!
    1/8 =DITTO...I slept better last night--had an Atkins bar around 8...maybe that was it...I also had to go to my guest room again for my husbands snoring started again! :)
    1/9 =DITTO and lost another pound---Wow! 7 days alcohol FREE!! This is the longest I have gone for years!
    1/10 =8 days freedom
    1/11 =9 days freedom- looking forward to reading my new books...This Naked Mind and Blackout-Remembering The Things I Drank to Forget...
    1/12 =10 days clean! My hubby only drank during the day, not last night. He didn't snore last night, so I didn't have to go to our guest room to sleep. Read the first 2 1/2 chapters of This Naked Mind and finding it interesting.
    1/13 =11 Days freedom! It is actually getting easier at this point...I just ordered some liver detox....
    1/14 =12 Days freedom! It really helps to have all you on MFP for support! Thank you all!! :)
    1/15 =13 days---Wow! I am finally sleeping in my own bed now because my husband cuts off his drinking at night and he doesn't snore so loud to make me go into our guest room! LOL! He didn't like me going into the guest room, so he cut down... :)
    1/16 =14 days freedom! 2 weeks!! YAY! I have to note how yesterday was a bit interesting when my hubby just bottle a bunch of wine and said to me, "Taste this, it is better than the usual Concord that we make". I told him immediately that I was just drinking green tea and it wouldn't taste good. I was so glad that I was drinking tea, as I would have been tempted to taste it. I feel that if it happens again that I am prepared now and will decline. I am going to tell him today not even to ask me to taste. :)

1/17 =
    1/18 =
    1/19 =
    1/20 =
    1/21 =
    1/22 =
    1/23 =
    1/24 =
    1/25 =
    1/26 =
    1/27 =
    1/28 =
    1/29 =
    1/30 =
    1/31

Wow your doing awesome! :)B)

Thank you! :)
  • RubyRed427
    RubyRed427 Posts: 4,177 Member
    Options
    MaryBethHempel wrote: »

1/1 =alcohol free
    1/2 = 4 wine spritzers
    1/3 =alcohol free
    1/4 =alcohol free
    1/10 =8 days freedom

1/17 =15th day freedom! Had another great morning of working out...ready to play some music!
    1/18 =
    1/19 =
    1/20 =
    1/21 =
    1/22 =
    1/23 =
    1/24 =
    1/25 =
    1/26 =
    1/27 =
    1/28 =
    1/29 =
    1/30 =
    1/31 =

Bravo! You are doing amazing! So happy for you!
  • lilann1961
    lilann1961 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Day 17 for me and I haven’t thought about wine in the evening the last two nights. I have also noticed that I don’t get hot at night anymore! I used to sweat and I wonder if it’s the fact that alcohol increases estrogen (which is why I think it’s a leading cause of breast cancer) - ahh I look forward to having a glass of wine again, but I love all the benefits of not drinking. Dry January is the best! <3

I never even thought about that! I haven't been sweating at night either! One more reason to keep going at this. I don't think I really ever had any clue how much the XX bottles each week were affecting me.
  • Alzzi76
    Alzzi76 Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    Skyweigh wrote: »
    NormInv wrote: »
    I'm sick. Does taking Nyquil count as breaking the dry spell?

LOL! I would think not -- unless Nyquil was something you drink to "enjoy"

I'm sorry you're not well -- I sympathize because all my best-laid plans to increase my activities and get things done (being alcohol-free) have been sidelined by a long-lasting flu/cold.

Hope you are over it soon.

Yes i agree!!..

Take it easy. Look after yourself. They say" listern to Your body" , i think its trying to tell u something.
    Rest lots!.. hope u get better soon.
  • Alzzi76
    Options
    dbanks80 wrote: »
    I havent been a coffee drinker in a few years and this morning I had two cups. Now I feel I want to do back flips down the street in the snow!!! OMG I am so wired LOL!!!

:D:D:D ..
  • Alzzi76
    Options
    Awww I love all my new sober pals

;):D ... i like it :)<3
  • NormInv
    NormInv Posts: 3,285 Member
    Options
    _Funkme_ wrote: »
    Trying hard to cut out drinking for 12 weeks. I am a big-time social drinker. Last summer I went out with different friends at least 4 times a week. Over the winter I was able to cut down to weekends. I have explained to my various friends that I am trying to cut it out of my life to help offset the 40 plus pounds I gained. However, the phone calls keep coming in to socialize and drink. I realize all I have to do is say no, but after 12 plus hour work days sometimes its just hard.

It helps to have no friends
  • justlog
    justlog Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Trying hard to cut out drinking for 12 weeks. I am a big-time social drinker. Last summer I went out with different friends at least 4 times a week. Over the winter I was able to cut down to weekends. I have explained to my various friends that I am trying to cut it out of my life to help offset the 40 plus pounds I gained. However, the phone calls keep coming in to socialize and drink. I realize all I have to do is say no, but after 12 plus hour work days sometimes its just hard.

Lol..... I know the feeling....
  • MonkeyMel21
    MonkeyMel21 Posts: 2,394 Member
    Options
    Day 17 for me and I haven’t thought about wine in the evening the last two nights. I have also noticed that I don’t get hot at night anymore! I used to sweat and I wonder if it’s the fact that alcohol increases estrogen (which is why I think it’s a leading cause of breast cancer) - ahh I look forward to having a glass of wine again, but I love all the benefits of not drinking. Dry January is the best! <3

Holy cow. I’ve been having terrible nights sweats for about a year now. I have to change my shirt in the middle of the night usually. I just realized that the last couple weeks it hasn’t been happening like it was and you just made me realize why!!!! I even had my thyroid levels checked twice because I really thought something was wrong hormonally (they were totally normal each check). Wow, I need to write this all down and read it on the weekends when I’m craving the taste and buzzed feeling.
  • Alzzi76
    Options

Yes it does...

I luv having friends .. just all the time....
    we tend to have too much fun