Drop It Like It's HOT In 2018 w/KETO!

Options
Hi! New Year = Fresh Start
My goals: 50 lb weight loss, better mental clarity & focus, healthy food choices.
Plan: Keto Lifestyle/5+ Weekly Workouts
If you have similar goals....say HELLO!
Good Luck & Happy Healthy New Year!

Replies

• Bubbaistrying
    Bubbaistrying Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    Hello :)
  • motivatednesser
    motivatednesser Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hi Keto friends! Yesterday was my first day for my husband and I doing Keto. I also began today with a fresh plan for exercising. I found my insanity dvds from 2011, which I didn’t finish back in 2011.
    Today was the fit test for insanity which kicked my butt.
    As far as Keto eating, I found some recipes for this week on Pinterest and a list of Keto foods which we stocked up at the grocery store.
    Anyone know of other places for Keto info or recipies.
    Also this app has me at 1400 calories to get to my goal weight of 125 eventually...at 193. I’m 5,4 inches tall,38.
    How many calories is everyone eating on Keto to loose weight any success stories or advice appreciated:)
    Happy New Year
  • rrreddynh
    rrreddynh Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Diet Doctor is where I found some keto recipes.
  • NikkiJRM
    NikkiJRM Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    Hey fellow Keto-ers! Been doing Keto since July. Feel free to add me!
  • shariwolfe
    shariwolfe Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Keto Connect; great recipes and a Keto calculator to figure out your Keto Macros. ketoconnect.net
  • RLColler
    RLColler Posts: 2 Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    Hello! I'm just starting on a Keto eating plan. I'm excited to see the same results as some of my family members. It's nice to know more sites to find information on Keto.
  • RLColler
    RLColler Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I've been checking out Gauge Girl Training. I've watched a few of her YouTube videos. She gives a lot of information on the Keto Diet.
  • brwneyes79
    brwneyes79 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    In addition to weight loss I am looking forward to the reduction in inflammation within my body and better mental clarity...Let's do this!
  • Roosh513
    Roosh513 Posts: 57 Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    I started keto last friday and am in full keto flu mode at the moment. I wasn't able to make it through my basic 30 minute push/pull routine today and am only able to do half the amount of pushups as last week. I'm hoping this passes soon.

On the plus side, I've dropped about 7 lb of holiday water weight. Also, the food is delicious! I stocked my fridge with kale, cauliflower, cheese, heavy whipping cream, sour cream, eggs, etc... Every combo of those ingredients with protein and seasoning of choice just tastes amazing! It's easy to improvise with these ingredients and look forward to every meal. As a dude, I normally have a harder time hitting the calorie requirements for maintenance (2700). I don't think I'll have that issue on keto.
  • YITBOS929
    YITBOS929 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I started KETO for the first time today. Looking for a BIG change in 2018!
  • MakingItHappen2017
    MakingItHappen2017 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Hello
  • 143tobe
    143tobe Posts: 620 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I started Keto 70 days ago and have lost 20 lbs. I am loving it so much. I never though this diet would be for me, for a longer term thing, but after being on it and realizing how many things I can still eat, and that recipes are your friend, I am in this for a long while. 2018 will be the year I meet my goal weight for sure. (still about 30 lbs to go)Happy New Year everyone! To our health and happiness!!
  • 143tobe
    143tobe Posts: 620 Member
    Options
    Roosh513 wrote: »
    I started keto last friday and am in full keto flu mode at the moment. I wasn't able to make it through my basic 30 minute push/pull routine today and am only able to do half the amount of pushups as last week. I'm hoping this passes soon.

On the plus side, I've dropped about 7 lb of holiday water weight. Also, the food is delicious! I stocked my fridge with kale, cauliflower, cheese, heavy whipping cream, sour cream, eggs, etc... Every combo of those ingredients with protein and seasoning of choice just tastes amazing! It's easy to improvise with these ingredients and look forward to every meal. As a dude, I normally have a harder time hitting the calorie requirements for maintenance (2700). I don't think I'll have that issue on keto.

Excited for you! As far as the Keto Flu goes...just PLEASE make sure to be eating enough Potassium. When I first started Keto I felt fine, except one day I just felt super tired and weak, and I could feel something wrong with my heart. After some googling I realized I was probably low in Potassium and luckily had a no calorie electrolytic mix that was high in Potassium. It saved me, literally. Scary when you can actually feel your heart not beating right. Since that day I am very careful to take in as much potassium as possible and I have not had a problem since. Cheers!
  • fmouco
    fmouco Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I had my experiences with Keto in the past, dropped it, and I'm now coming back to this lifestyle (since dec 26th). Already lost 5 pounds, I know it was only water weight, but feeling great, no hunger, no insomnia, no cravings.
    My goal is to drop my bodyfat from 38% to 25% (at my scale, really dont bother if it is perfectly accurate), that means 25 pound of fat.
  • lauraesummers
    lauraesummers Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    HELLO! I started KETO right before Christmas, but am 100% on it as of yesterday (Jan 1). So far I've been feeling ok, but I' not sure if that's because I already take potassium on the daily. 220CW, 170 GW