Options

Replies

• junodog1
    junodog1 Posts: 4,792 Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    bcTRAI wrote: »
    JFT Thursday

So I managed to stay within my calories even though there was two meals at restaurants. :)
    That's an accomplishment!

JFY (Thursday, 1/4/18)
    1. Drink 8 glasses of water :)
    2. Go to the gym (circuit - 30 min, treadmill - 30 min, bike - 10 min) :)
    3. Log all my food :)
    4. Stay "in the green" for the day :)
    5. Keep my sodium intake within the recommended level :/ (I wasn't too far off though...this one is hard to do!)
    6. Organize the bathroom closet :) (Looks SO much better!)
    LOOK! All happy faces! ( ETA: Oopsie - almost. Unless you are fighting blood pressure the sodium is not a real worry IMO. )

“People often say that motivation doesn’t last. Well, neither does bathing – that’s why we recommend it daily.” ~Zig Ziglar
    One of my favorite quotes

JFT Gang - I am so grateful to have your support, suggestion & love. YOU'RE ALL AMAZING!
    We love you too! << Hugs >>

joan6630 wrote: »
    Thursday
    So busy again .... and yesterday skipped out and got my hair colored, and eyebrows waxed! Felt good to get that done. Today hubby has stress test/cardiogram, so hopefully that will be OK. So we';ll be gone a lot today
    So like I am afraid to get that waxing done - that or threading my eyebrows, Should I be concerned that they will change the shape of my brows. I don't want thin eyebrows.

• cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,479 Member
    Options
    Recap R 1/4 - Back stiffened up on me after treadmill yesterday, so decided to rest it a little longer, because it is improving. At least the alarm got set for 6:30 a.m. instead of 5:30. Due to wind chills below zero (again :s ), workplace snowshoe hike at lunchtime has been canceled. Bummed. But that's probably a good thing for my back.
    1) Move hourly / stairs breaks at work (I have a desk job) = Fitbit 8,453 steps, 250+ steps 13/14 hours & 29 floors. Not bad for non-treadmill day. :smiley:
    2) Almost forgot, it's food day in office for co-worker with Christmas birthday / be picky, eat small portions, do not eat everything and log best I can = I was very picky about what I ate for food day & had very small portions, ate healthy rest of day. Guestimated, logged best I could & 13c water (not sure, kinda lost count). :neutral:
    3) Leftovers (healthy) for lunch and supper / net calories w/i 100 green = See #2, net calories red 197 :neutral:
    4) Evening; choir canceled due to water main break / use time to declutter or catch up something 30 min. = A little...took suggestion, and had nice hot soak in tub with aromatherapy mineral bath salts, Comforting Geranium. It was heaven! Thanks @MLHC1! :smiley:
    5) Floss / retainers / bed & TV off 10:15 = 3x done :smiley::smiley::smiley:

JFT F 1/5 - Can't believe there are 25 posts since I logged into this thread! I'll have to catch up later, just want to get a few goal's down...
    1) No treadmill before work, my back feeling almost normal, so don't want to jinx it. Move hourly / stairs breaks at work.
    2) Leftovers for lunch & supper / net calories w/i 100 green
    3) Get meat out of freezer for weekend, either chop suey or chili, ask hubby his preference (I know what mine is)

Sticking with basics for Friday. Have spa appt. this evening for massage...yay! No bedtime since no specific plans for Sat. and sleeping in. Will floss if I feel like it. :wink: Happy Friday, everyone!
  • reo7875
    reo7875 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    JFT January 4th
    • Log all food and stay within calorie goal :/ Finally logged everything, but I went well over the goal. I think I'm going to break this down into different goals because it has always been my biggest struggle.
    • Shovel the deck :) An hour and a half of hard work
    • Spend time with boyfriend :)
    • Start going through closet :/ Totally forgot I had put this on here
    • Four bottles of water :)

JFT January 5th
    • Log ALL of my food and be sure to measure accurately
    • Start going through closet and making a donation pile
    • Brainstorm ideas for sample teaching lesson
    • Order textbooks
    • Avoid binge eating at night
  • bcTRAI
    bcTRAI Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    missheidi wrote: »
    what is Ryvita?

ep1bkzkellhn.jpg
  • MLHC1
    MLHC1 Posts: 678 Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    Recap R 1/4 - Back stiffened up on me after treadmill yesterday, so decided to rest it a little longer, because it is improving. At least the alarm got set for 6:30 a.m. instead of 5:30. Due to wind chills below zero (again :s ), workplace snowshoe hike at lunchtime has been canceled. Bummed. But that's probably a good thing for my back.
    1) Move hourly / stairs breaks at work (I have a desk job) = Fitbit 8,453 steps, 250+ steps 13/14 hours & 29 floors. Not bad for non-treadmill day. :smiley:
    4) Evening; choir canceled due to water main break / use time to declutter or catch up something 30 min. = A little...took suggestion, and had nice hot soak in tub with aromatherapy mineral bath salts, Comforting Geranium. It was heaven! Thanks @MLHC1! :smiley:

JFT F 1/5 - Can't believe there are 25 posts since I logged into this thread! I'll have to catch up later, just want to get a few goal's down...
    1) No treadmill before work, my back feeling almost normal, so don't want to jinx it. Move hourly / stairs breaks at work.

Sticking with basics for Friday. Have spa appt. this evening for massage...yay! No bedtime since no specific plans for Sat. and sleeping in. Will floss if I feel like it. :wink: Happy Friday, everyone!

That's wonderful!! I'm so happy to hear you enjoyed your aromatherapy bath!!!! I'm happy I was able to be there for you. :joy: Be thankful to yourself as well bc you took the time to relax and give your body time to recover. That spa appt. will be heavenly I'm sure, remember to drink a lot of water afterwards!! It sounds like you have an enjoyable and relaxing Friday ahead of you; enjoy it bc you deserve it :blush:
  • bcTRAI
    bcTRAI Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    @mmartin7613 thank-you. I actually put it on my calendar each summer to book it and I try to book it for my birthday just so I know I did it. My birthday present to myself?

@joan6630 Doing things for yourself is important. Way to go. Let us know how hubby's tests go. :)

@missheidi Yay for health maintenance!

@junodog1 Family right? I had a similar thing with my daughter in the summer. Oh, and eyebrows grow back, especially as we get older.

@cschmitz110515 I adore geranium oil. It makes me smile just to smell it, or even think of smelling it.
  • MLHC1
    MLHC1 Posts: 678 Member
    Options
    1/5 Friday JFT:

▪Breakfast
    ▪House manager to-do-list
    ▪Laundry
    ▪Elliptical
    ▪Stretch
    ▪Lunch
    ▪Read ONE research article (5 total)
    ▪Dinner by 7 pm
    ▪Bedtime by 10 pm

I'm sure you all have "heard" me say this before, but I've noticed that several people are setting goals to drink a certain amount of water daily. Even before I was pregnant, I have always kept a 24 ounce water bottle with me everywhere I go. My kids even know I have to have this by my side, bc when they see it is empty they always offer to refill it for me, Lol (I love those little guys :heart: ) That is why I do not set a "water goal" each day bc I easily drink 96 ounces a day (of just water). I'm not bragging, I'm just offering my story to try and help out. I think it is a convenience thing, since I always have my water bottle, it is the first drink I grab. Even though I drink propel, milk, tea (occasionally) and juice, I still drink 96 ounces of water. :lol:
  • missheidi
    missheidi Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    bcTRAI wrote: »
    missheidi wrote: »
    what is Ryvita?

ep1bkzkellhn.jpg

gonna guess not gluten free?
  • missheidi
    Options
    MLHC1 wrote: »
    1/5 Friday JFT:

▪Breakfast
    ▪House manager to-do-list
    ▪Laundry
    ▪Elliptical
    ▪Stretch
    ▪Lunch
    ▪Read ONE research article (5 total)
    ▪Dinner by 7 pm
    ▪Bedtime by 10 pm

I'm sure you all have "heard" me say this before, but I've noticed that several people are setting goals to drink a certain amount of water daily. Even before I was pregnant, I have always kept a 24 ounce water bottle with me everywhere I go. My kids even know I have to have this by my side, bc when they see it is empty they always offer to refill it for me, Lol (I love those little guys :heart: ) That is why I do not set a "water goal" each day bc I easily drink 96 ounces a day (of just water). I'm not bragging, I'm just offering my story to try and help out. I think it is a convenience thing, since I always have my water bottle, it is the first drink I grab. Even though I drink propel, milk, tea (occasionally) and juice, I still drink 96 ounces of water. :lol:

i got a beautiful new 20 oz water bottle for Christmas from my best friend. It makes me happy and makes the water easy to get!
  • missheidi
    Options
    there will be swimming today, there will be swimming today...
  • Moxie42
    Moxie42 Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    Thursday 1/4 (this will be a really busy day because of pool league)
    1. Log all food and stay under calorie goal :)
    2. Don't use pool league as an excuse to smoke, drink, or eat off-plan :s (I smoked AND drank...a lot... and feel AWFUL about it)
    3. Eat dinner at home before league so I have no "excuse" to order food at league :/ I didn't eat at home but I did make a relatively healthy choice for dinner at the bar
    4. Put laundry away :(
    5. Make an effort to talk to the new person at work (don't let anxiety get the best of you!) :)

Alcohol makes me make bad decisions...and apparently it's easier for me to not drink at all than stop at one or two.

JFT, Friday 1/5
    * Log all food and stay under calorie goal
    * No alcohol and no smoking
    * Put laundry away
    * Plan meals for next week
    * Meeting
  • IvyTattooKitchen
    IvyTattooKitchen Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Thanks for this thread. It's very encouraging.
    Yesterday was better than the day before, but today was better than yesterday. My goal is to better each day some way. Better mood, better health, better weight, because the best really is yet to come.
    Happy New Year!
  • mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,205 Member
    Options
    MLHC1 wrote: »

Thank you SO much for this suggestion! I struggle everyday with getting water in.... maybe if I get a nice bottle, and carry it with me everywhere, this will help!
  • hadasul
    hadasul Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Jft - friday
    Log all food - yup!
    Be within calorie limit- no, by a little bit. Still good for Friday night dinner here.
    Get rid of everything on red laundry sofa - yes!!! This is a first in a long time
    Go to sleep by 11 pm - will do
    Not buy anything online - yep, but spent too much time online doing insignificant things..

Jft - Saturday
    Log all food
    Stay under calorie limit
    Choose wisely what to eat at family lunch!
    Laundry!
    Go to sleep by 10:30 pm
  • Lina_B2021
    Lina_B2021 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    go to the gym after work, no matter how freezing cold it is!
  • clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    Are you at the pool yet @missheidi?