Replies

• clairelouisey
    clairelouisey Posts: 68 Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    JFT FRIDAY
    1. Stick to calorie goal
    2. Walk 10,000 steps
    3. Do 10 mins yoga (at least 3 suri A, 3 suri b, closing 3 postures)

FRIDAY = 100% success

JFT SATURDAY
    1. Stick to calorie goal
    2. Go to gym
    3. Do 10 mins yoga (min)
  • Tinkachu
    Tinkachu Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I need to find a strength training workout I can do in my room then make myself actually do it. Gotta get that flat tummy!
  • PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,335 Member
    Options
    Whoa! I'm 63 messages behind! 4 whole pages! I don't have time to read them at work right now, but I did want to pop on and tell @joan6630 that I have been thinking about her and hoping her husband's stress test went well today!

I'll hop back on later when I get home. Happy Friday everyone!
  • sccjahab
    sccjahab Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    JFT:
    challenges and eliptical done.
  • PackerFanInGB
    Options
    Bex953172 wrote: »
    Haha I don’t want to go into labour!!

I’m really set on having a March baby lol! I like March.
    The goals are helping, although they’re not food related, it’s keeping me focused otherwise I feel a bit lost in the day and stuck of what to do next!

March babies ROCK! (Yes....my birthday is in March. LOL!)
  • PackerFanInGB
    Options
    chemjenny wrote: »
    Well today was a bust.
    Had my med test, and finally got to eat, and overdid it. Really in the red.
    I did log my calories though.
    How discouraging.

Tomorrow will be difficult as well, as school is closed due to weather, so I will need to work at home with my three kiddos around. That never goes well.

JFT 1/5
    Log calories
    Fast until noon
    Drink 64 oz water
    Get up early to get in as much work as possible before the kids wake up!
    It's too cold here to go outside, so walk at the mall tomorrow evening, instead of my planned workout at work.

I think the fact that you logged all your calories is a win all by itself! I struggle being consistent with even that sometimes! Remember, it was just for today. :wink:
  • PackerFanInGB
    Options
    missheidi wrote: »

Feeling like crap with headaches and stuff. This is my body saying OMG what did you EAT the last two weeks, you fool??? >:):#

HAHAHA! That must be what MY body has been trying to say that I keep ignoring and trying to shut up with more cookies left over from Christmas! ;)
  • PackerFanInGB
    Options
    bcTRAI wrote: »
    what is Ryvita?

ep1bkzkellhn.jpg

Looks a lot like Wasa bread! I love those with Laughing Cow Light Swiss cheese on top. :)
  • chemjenny
    chemjenny Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    1/5 report
    Log calories :)
    Fast until noon :)
    Drink 64 oz water :/ I'm thinking it was around 24 oz.
    Get up early to get in as much work as possible before the kids wake up! :/ Woke up and started working at 8 am. Right when my daughter woke up.
    It's too cold here to go outside, so walk at the mall tomorrow evening, instead of my planned workout at work :) actually got 10k steps between shoveling and going to the mall. But bought a few things for my daughter. Perils of exercising at the mall. Can't wait for it to get warm!

JFT Saturday
    10k steps
    Log calories
    Stay green, which is hard on a weekend.
    Eat more fruit.
  • PackerFanInGB
    Options
    Just for Thursday:
    1. Journal every bite honestly. Don't leave out one single Hershey kiss. Don't worry about staying in the green at this point, just get in the habit of tracking EVERY single bite. :)
    2. Increase water intake. At least eight 8 oz glasses :(
    3. Activity tonight. Even if it is 15 minutes. Get some. :(
    4. Rewrite my Advantages Resource index cards from Day 1 of Beck Diet Solution. :)
    5. Look at menu online for Margarita's restaurant where our boss is taking us for lunch today and pick something healthy. :)
    6. Take one hour of "me" time today to rejuvenate by doing something I enjoy and find relaxing. :)

Didn't have time to pop on and list goals for today, so I'll post what my plans were/are.

Just for Friday
    • Journal every bite honestly...down to the individual Hershey kiss. :)
    • Try to take on more responsibilities at work and learn something new. :)
    • Wake up without hitting snooze button. :(
    • Be grateful for all the small blessings that I take for granted every day. :)
    • One random act of kindness :)
    • Try not to be mad at DH when he acts like an *kitten* hat. >:)
    • Relax when I get home tonight. Read, surf Pinterest, watch Netflix, whatever...just relax. Been really tired and just need to give my body the rest it needs today. (Plus, I think I'm fighting a cold!) :)so far, so good!
    • Bed early so I get up tomorrow and get some stuff done!

Happy weekend everyone!
  • mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,205 Member
    Options
    JFT, Friday 1/5
    1. log all food :/
    2. water water water. HAVE to make this a habit. This is my #1 goal for this year -- turn drinking water into a habit! :)
    3. eat only while sitting down :)
    4. read my response cards 5x :/
    5. get back on here tomorrow - be accountable :)

OK --- tomorrow I NEED to get this under control! I think because the weather is SO awfully cold, all I want to do is be lazy and eat. And hubby joins me ..... which makes it even harder.
    I am SO looking forward to a break in the temps - I think sunday we are suppose to get close to 40 degrees!

My goals tomorrow will be simple until I can get this under control!
    JFT, Saturday
    1. log all food
    2. be mindful of what I eat
    3. look for and buy a new water bottle to see if that helps me in getting in my water! Thanks @MLHC1 for that suggestion!
    4. work on menu plans for the week -- healthy, low calorie meals!
    5. go to the gym. NO more excuses!!

Oh .... and hubby's stress test and echocardiogram turned out normal. SO I told him that means he is just out of shape! Do you think I can get him to go to the gym with me now! LOL!! He does go to the gym, but he only goes once a week, stays for 4 hours, and only lifts weights. At least the cardiologist did tell him that cardio exercise is also very important.... so we'll see if it makes a difference and he actually listens! But thank you guys for asking.

KareninLux wrote: »
    Like these JFT threads!!

One day at a time - have to improve how long it take me to fall asleep at night ... way too long these days because I am stewing about work. Now that eating is back under control again - need to focus on relaxing and getting good sleeps.
    :)

I have the same problem with sleeping at nite! My husband and I work out of our home, and I really need to focus on relaxing stuff before bedtime. Otherwise I lay in bed and think of all the things I need to get done .... and many times it is 2am before I finally go to sleep. But great job getting your eating under control ..... that alone is a great success!
    Galinam19 wrote: »
    go to the gym after work, no matter how freezing cold it is!
    THis is exactly what I need to do tomorrow morning!! IT is so hard to get out when it is less than 0 degrees outside!!! I am SO ready for spring!
  • missheidi
    missheidi Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    Weekends are really hard for me...I'm worried.
  • mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,205 Member
    Options
    Weekends are really hard for me...I'm worried.

You can do it!! Think of how great you will fill on Monday! Just try to get through saturday .... just one day!
    Having said that .... I totally understand. I find that if I don't plan and eat meals regularly, it leads to grazing all day long. So that is my plan for the weekend .... to sit down and actually eat a lunch instead of running all day grazing!
    Let us know how you do!
  • MLHC1
    MLHC1 Posts: 678 Member
    Options
    MLHC1 wrote: »
    1/5 Friday JFT:

✔▪Breakfast
    ✔▪House manager to-do-list
    ✔▪Laundry
    ❌▪Elliptical
    ❌▪Stretch
    ✔▪Lunch
    ❌▪Read ONE research article (5 total)
    ❌▪Dinner by 7 pm
    ❌▪Bedtime by 10 pm

Well today was unusual. I did not succeed on my JFT list but I did manage to get a lot done for my household. Every now and then my household needs me to sit down with my computer and manage everything! Calendars, appts, school schedules, emails, budgets, payments, etc, etc....Lol :lol: So is spent a good part of the day managing all of this. Hopefully tomorrow I can get on my elliptical and make reading my research article a priority!

Everyone have a blessed evening.

@joan6630 I'm happy that helped at least one person. :blush: I hope it will work for you. Also, congrats on the good news with your hubby (I'm glad to hear his test was normal.)
  • penko47
    penko47 Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    JFYesterday I will (1/5)
    1. Lift and warm up run :/ the whole treadmill thing I mentioned yesterday morning :(
    2. drink 6 bottles of water :)
    3. Get 15,000 steps :)
    4. log EVERYTHING I eat :( yes i went a little crazy on chocolate... (and lost track but I tried to go back and fix it so there is that but I know it is not accurate)
    5. Stay green :(
    6. Survive high stress work thing :)
    7. Laundry :)

Not a great day yesterday :( mostly on the food front but there is always today...

JFToday I will (1/6)
    1. 2mi run and 20 min on elliptical :)
    2. drink 6 bottles of water
    3. Get 16,500 steps
    4. log EVERYTHING I eat
    5. Stay green
    6. Survive second high stress work thing :) done!! So glad this is over and since I stayed on track and have prelogged I have no stress excuse to go over my calories....
    7. Do 20 push ups and 30 sit ups

JFTomorrow I will (1/7)
    1. Lift and warm up run
    2. drink 6 bottles of water
    3. Get 15,000 steps
    4. log EVERYTHING I eat
    5. Stay green
    6. Check Weight (Sundays are weigh in days for me)
  • bookmeister86
    bookmeister86 Posts: 1,165 Member
    Options
    Today was slightly less good. I had a stressful and unproductive day at work and ended up leaving later than planned. Following this there were tube (subway!) issues which meant it took me ages to get home and additionally all the transport was overcrowded which made the journey stressful. As a result I really didn't feel like exercising when I got home.

HOWEVER despite all this I refrained from snacking/ over eating (and I did think about it on the way home) which I'm going to count as a win! Let's hope I can keep that up :wink: I'll do the exercise on Sunday instead.
    Today's commitments were -

- Log everything I eat :)
    - No snacks except Ryvita if hungry :D
    - Be in the green (without eating back exercise kcals) :)
    - Leave work by 5.30 :/
    - Do exercise DVD :'(

Tomorrow's commitments are:

- Log everything I eat
    - No snacks except Ryvita if hungry
    - Be in the green (without eating back exercise kcals)
    - Go to gym before starting work
    - Go for walk at lunch (to maintain sanity!)
    - Ration access to work emails in order to get some b&oody work done!!!
    - Listen to music to boost mood

what is Ryvita?

It's a low calorie crisp bread that you can get in the UK. They're about 40 calories each and you can get them in several varieties e.g. sesame seeds.

They are not the tastiest things in the world but they're pretty effective at stemming hunger without eating too many calories! :smiley:

www.ryvita.co.uk