JUST FOR TODAY ....... One day at a time ..... Daily Commitment Thread for 2018

Options

Replies

• Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,072 Member
    Options
    I am 62 posts behind! Holy cow! I'll try to catch up on them tonight. But first, I really want to say

HAPPY BIRTHDAY @Bex953172 !!!!! I'm sorry I'm late! I wasn't on much this weekend because yesterday was MY birthday! No wonder I love you....we're both Pisces. :wink:

I wish I didn't have to cross an ocean to get to you. I want to hop in my car and drive over, give you a great big hug, rock Casey and help you out! :heart:

Haha no way happy birthday to you too!!!

I can always send her in express mail
  • cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,478 Member
    Options
    HaPpY BaLaTeD BiRtHdAy Tracie @OConnell5483 !
  • clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    Options
    Checking in from Monday
    1. Log accurately. ❌ Pack & prelog lunch. ✔ Tea. ✔ Morning meds. ✔
    2. Check terms; create test for Friday. ✔ Write Week 5 response posts. ✔ Check on and prep Week 5 essays. ✔ Tuesday check with K about book order; email D? ✔ Check with J&L about poetry scaffold; send to B? ❌ UPDATE CLASS WEBSITES. ✔
    3. INPUT GRADES. ✔ SET UP PROGRESS REPORTS. ❌ WEEK 11 PLANS MUST BE STELLAR. ✔ Type, print, post, and email. ✔
    4. Meditation? 1 set body exercises (10 lifted push-ups ALL THE WAY DOWN, 10 lunges each leg, 70 sec plank, 40 sec forward fold, 20 sec triangle each side, 40 sec down dog, 30 sec crane/tree/warrior 3 each leg, 15 side leg lifts) aim for 2. ❌ Steps at school to 5k; aim for 6. ✔
    5. Input Plated meals. ❌ Library for Akata Warrior? (Open until 8.) ❌ Clothes to donation center? ❌ Leave for kickboxing by 5:45. ❌ Steps to 10k; aim for 12. ✔ Supposed to storm. Find the 9Round free week form. ❌ Teeth flossed, rinsed, brushed; in bed by 9:45. ✔

JFT Tuesday
    1. Log accurately. Pack & prelog lunch. Tea with cream. Morning meds.
    2. Edit and print Friday's test. Write Week 5 reflection essay. Check with J&L about poetry scaffold; send to B? UPDATE CLASS WEBSITES. Let S know that I have meeting during planning. (Remember to go to meeting!)
    3. INPUT GRADES. SET UP PROGRESS REPORTS. Type, print, post, and email revision of lesson plans.
    4. Meditation? 1 set body exercises (10 lifted push-ups ALL THE WAY DOWN, 10 lunges each leg, 70 sec plank, 40 sec forward fold, 20 sec triangle each side, 40 sec down dog, 30 sec crane/tree/warrior 3 each leg, 15 side leg lifts) aim for 2. Steps at school to 5k; aim for 6.
    5. Input Plated meals. Library for Akata Warrior? (Open until 8.) Clothes to donation center? Leave for garden by 5:45. Steps to 10k; aim for 12. Find the 9Round free week form. Teeth flossed, rinsed, brushed; in bed by 9:45. ✔

Scale goals

November: 183.6
    December: 176.6
    January: 174.6
    February: 173.6
    March 1: 172.4.
    March 31 goal: 170.4
    March 19 goal: 173.5 FAAAAIL. *sigh*
    March 28 goal: 175.5

March 19: 179.2 - Still didn't get to the gym. Stormed pretty bad all day and we were under warning for tornadoes and hail. On the up side, hopefully all that wind and rain and such got the last of the blossoms off those awful Bradford pear trees.
  • bcTRAI
    bcTRAI Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    bcTRAI wrote: »
    JFT Monday
    1. Water :)
    2. Bus at 7:20 :)
    3. Work :)
    4. Walk :) Totalled 5.44km or 3.88 miles today
    5. Brush and floss :)
    6. Bed by 10:30 :)
    JFT Tuesday
    1. Water
    2. Meditation
    3. Recycling
    4. Shop for work
    5. Work
    6. Brush and floss
    7. Bed by 10:30
    Well, it seems like I'm actually recovered. I was really nervous when Miss Thea came over this past weekend and turned out to be sick but I've managed to hold my own and also get some exercise. So, I'm pleased.
    Yesterday I had a sad day and night. Not really a big thing, it's fixable but still makes me sad. I lost the large stone in my wedding bands. So that's what that was about. Then I went to my jewelry box to find another ring to wear and none of my rings fit at all since I've lost weight. So there I was... :'(:):#
  • sarah74_vt
    sarah74_vt Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    JFY (Monday)
    1. Drink 8 glasses of water :)
    2. Log all the food I eat :)
    3. Stay in the green with my food intake :)
    4. Go to the gym :)
    5. Finish 3 orders from my shop :)

JFT (Tuesday)
    1. Drink 8 glasses of water
    2. Log all the food I eat
    3. Stay in the green with my food intake
    4. Finish 4 orders from my shop
  • cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,478 Member
    Options
    Recap M 3/19
    1) Treadmill before work 3 mi 49:18 / stretched = yay, didn't hit snooze forever! :smiley:
    2) Move hourly / stairs breaks at work = Fitbit 14,338 steps, 250+ steps 14/14 (boom!) & 40 floors :smiley:
    3) Leftovers for lunch / not sure about supper / no evening snacking / net calories green / monitor usual = Net calories / sodium / sugar green, fiber good, protein ok & 14c water :smiley:
    4) Evening: make Kodiak Cakes muffins :smiley: (need to bring my protein for seminar & training breaks T & W ~ know T a.m. refreshments are all carbs & sugar + W not provided) / wash dishes :smiley: / get out recipes for Easter dinner & work on grocery list :smiley: / > 1 to-do = refilled 6 birdfeeders & heated birdbath :smiley: high temps low 30s (F) on T
    5) Unplug 9:00 :neutral: just after / floss :smiley: / retainers :smiley: / bed & TV off 10:15 :smiley: few minutes early

JFT T 3/20 ~ seminar 8:00 to 4:30
    1) Move during breaks / maybe walk dog in evening
    2) Drink water
    3) Choose sensibly at lunch
    4) Eat snacks I brought
    5) Evening: boil eggs / complete grocery list (find that recipe) / wash towels / at 2 more to-do's
    6) Unplug 9:00 / floss / retainers / bed & TV off 10:15
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,737 Member
    Options
    @Snowflake1968 Welcome! Glad to have you join us :) I'm very impressed that you read ALL the posts - there must be so many!

10 lb at a time sounds like a very sensible approach - each 10lb will be a great achievement in itself!

And you have some good goals for today. How about a mini walk at lunch for the getting active part?

I have been trying to figure out the walking at lunch time. My office is in an industrial area where there are no sidewalks and lots of snowbanks right now LOL However, I think that it's going to be great in a few weeks! Thanks for the welcome!
  • HGSmith0920
    HGSmith0920 Posts: 1,123 Member
    Options
    @cschmitz110515 I love all the smiley faces! That is awesome! I hope the seminar is pleasant. I remember going to a few over the years and they were eye-crossingly boring. Lol.

So I went to bed about 12 am last night. Woke up with the DH but after he left for work I ended up going back to bed. I even set the alarm for 9 am. Apparently, I got up and turned it off. When I grudgingly opened up my eyes it turned out to be 11:15! I hate when I do that, although I do feel incredibly rested. It just completely screws up my day because I usually have a schedule I try to keep.

Oh well. I'll chalk it up to a necessary evil or something. Lol
  • HGSmith0920
    Options
    @Snowflake1968 Welcome! I am glad that you are here! I worked on a major highway for a while so I would just walk around the perimeter of the property. Lol. I hope you thaw out soon!
  • Snowflake1968
    Options
    Well as Meatloaf says "2 out of 3 Ain't Bad"
    I hit the mark for water and moving for 30 minutes. Went into the red by 102 calories though. I have to figure out a way to stop the late evening munching.
    JFT
    2L of water
    1.5 miles on the treadmill
    Stay in the green
    Start my gratitude journal
  • Snowflake1968
    Options
    @Snowflake1968 Welcome! I am glad that you are here! I worked on a major highway for a while so I would just walk around the perimeter of the property. Lol. I hope you thaw out soon!

I wish I could do that, but the snow is right up to the building except in the parking lot. On the plus side it's supposed to be +5 (celsius) today and nice for the next week so the snow should be going soon.wcozrgt3vpor.jpg
  • asclepsia
    asclepsia Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    @HGSmith0920; Thanks so much for your comments, and congratulations on landing a new job---that's wonderful news. Here's hoping it will be a good fit for you.
    (Welcome back! You were missed! Good job getting things done today! That is an awesome feeling when a lot of things get done!)
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,072 Member
    Options
    Where on Earth is @joan6630 ?!
  • HGSmith0920
    Options
    @Bex953172 I'm pretty sure she is out of town at a funeral and dealing with the disability people all the time as well. She said she would be back in a few days. Lol. I just hope she is okay! I worry when people aren't here for a while. Like @junodog1
  • HGSmith0920
    Options
    Hope you are well @missheidi