JUST FOR TODAY ....... One day at a time ..... Daily Commitment Thread for 2018

Options

Replies

• HGSmith0920
    HGSmith0920 Posts: 1,123 Member
    Options
    @Saragirl2 I hope you are okay up there in New England! I know you guys got hit REALLY hard these past few weeks. I hope you are staying warm and that you have power! I am praying for you!
  • Faebert
    Faebert Posts: 1,588 Member
    Options
    All gone well today. Finally managed to stay on top of water intake and it has really helped. Must keep it up! All green ticks - yay! Now if only I could find some more time to get back to yoga.. missing it!

- early exercise ✅
    - stay within calorie goal ✅
    - Water (I have my big bottle in the classroom and I will drink a whole one tomorrow) ✅ finally!
    - Conference call at lunchtime ✅
    - Parent meeting 3:15pm ✅
    - Leave on time for daughter’s school open house ✅
    - Online grocery shop ✅
    - Early night ✅

Goals for Wednesday
    - exercise early
    - Try and keep up steps/movement during planning morning
    - 15k steps
    - 2ltr+ water
    - No excessive snacking during planning time (take raw carrot and celery)
    - Stay within calorie goal
    - Buy breadmaking stuff on way home and bake break with daughter (her homework!) as soon as I get back
    - Cash for charity sale and piano teacher
    - Prep for pupil progress meeting
    - Chase teachers re twinning questions
    - Early night

Hope everyone is well. I’m reading all the posts and celebrating/commiserating with you all. X
  • clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    Options
    Checking in from Tuesday
    1. Log accurately. ❌ (It's dinner that gets me!) Pack & prelog lunch. ✔ Tea with cream. ✔ Morning meds. ✔
    2. Edit and print Friday's test. ✔ ❌ Write Week 5 reflection essay. ❌ Check with J&L about poetry scaffold; send to B? ❌ UPDATE CLASS WEBSITES. ✔ Let S know that I have meeting during planning. (Remember to go to meeting!) ✔
    3. INPUT GRADES. ✔ SET UP PROGRESS REPORTS. ❌ Type, print, post, and email revision of lesson plans. ✔ ✔
    4. Meditation? ❌ 1 set body exercises (10 lifted push-ups ALL THE WAY DOWN, 10 lunges each leg, 70 sec plank, 40 sec forward fold, 20 sec triangle each side, 40 sec down dog, 30 sec crane/tree/warrior 3 each leg, 15 side leg lifts) aim for 2.❌ Steps at school to 5k; aim for 6. ✔✔
    5. Input Plated meals. ❌ Library for Akata Warrior? (Open until 8.) ❌ Clothes to donation center? ❌ Leave for garden by 5:45. ✔✔ Steps to 10k; aim for 12. ✔ Find the 9Round free week form. ❌ Teeth flossed, rinsed, brushed; in bed by 9:45. ✔

JFT Wednesday
    1. Log accurately. (Dinner - Panera or Plated 3?) Pack & prelog lunch. Tea with cream. Morning meds.
    2. Finish revising Friday's test. Print and proof. Write Week 5 reflection essay. Check with J&L about poetry scaffold; send to B? UPDATE CLASS WEBSITES. Print grammar practice. Daily Duolingo.
    3. Continue inputting grades. Today's goal: All of freshman and half of sophomore CURRENT work graded and in the computer. Email lesson plan revision. Check lesson plans - revise for tomorrow as needed - reprint if needed.
    4. Meditation? 1 set body exercises (10 lifted push-ups ALL THE WAY DOWN, 10 lunges each leg, 70 sec plank, 40 sec forward fold, 20 sec triangle each side, 40 sec down dog, 30 sec crane/tree/warrior 3 each leg, 15 side leg lifts) aim for 2. I NEED TO DO MY STRENGTH TRAINING. Steps at school to 5k; aim for 6.
    5. Dinner with B? Find earrings that are ideally bronze or silver with blue or brown stones.
    6. Input Plated meals. Library for Akata Warrior? (Open until 8.) Clothes to donation center? Gym for Day 3 strength. Steps to 10k; aim for 12. Try for 5 minutes at 6.5. Find the 9Round free week form. Update JFT. Teeth flossed, rinsed, brushed; in bed by 9:45.

Scale goals

November: 183.6
    December: 176.6
    January: 174.6
    February: 173.6
    March 1: 172.4.
    March 31 goal: 170.4
    March 19 goal: 173.5 FAAAAIL. *sigh*
    March 28 goal: 175.5

March 20: 179.4. Trying not to despise myself - and yet not go "ah well, it doesn't really matter" either. I just can't seem to muster up the discipline I used to.

• HGSmith0920
    Options
    JFT, 3/20/18

1. Log all food :)To the best of my ability. We had leftovers from M for dinner
    2. 94oz water :)Actually beat it by at least 32oz
    3. Coffee/Tea Time/Prep lunch :)Had a good few minutes with the DH
    4. Meditate/Bible/Pray :'(Slept in
    5. Yoga :DSee above. I really need to get back into this
    7. Clean living room/bedroom :)Got almost all of the house cleaned in 1.45 hours
    8. Vacuum/Sweep :)See above
    9. EAT LUNCH/walk/take out food to defrost :) / :(The beginning of a Nor'Easter so I stayed warm inside / :)
    10. Prep work clothes for Wednesday/look for stains and rips :)Decided what I am going to wear on my first day
    11. Text M about Shout/Next needles/Restore trip :)Got an answer to Shout question but still need to set up other two. M had a migraine most of the day
    12. Visit mom :DWoke up too late. Moved to tomorrow
    13. Prep lunch for Wednesday :DGonna do it in the morning
    14. Read :)Will do this before bed
    15. Email B about work on Wednesday(We're in store for about 12" of snow Tuesday/Wednesday) :)He actually called me and said that he would text me around 7 am with the decision
    16. Dinner/Dishes :)Just leftover but it was good anyway. Dishes are washed. Just have to put them away
    17. DH Time/Pens Game :|DH isn't feeling well so he didnt want to watch the game. I'm listening to it through the Pens app. I'm kind of glad the DH isn't watching it. The refs are really bad tonight. It would not have helped his upset tummy.
    18. Bed by 10:30 :)Maybe, maybe not. I'm PROBABLY not working so I might stay up until my normal 11.

Had a good day. Got to sleep in and got a lot done anyway. I was going to meal plan tomorrow but I ended up doing it this afternoon while I was silently freaking out about the DH being stuck in traffic. It was stop-and-go in the middle of a heavy snowstorm and he was 30 minutes away. He got home in an hour. Apparently, there were 6-7 accidents on the highway that he was on. He is off tomorrow though. I'm hoping that I dont have to go in so that we can have one last day off together before I start working full time again. It's kind of surreal that after almost 6 months I am finally going to be working again. I dont know if I am really ready for this.

JFT, 3/21/18

1. Log all food
    2. Focus on water(94oz)
    3. Up by 7
    4. Coffee/Breakfast
    5. Bible/Meditate/Pray
    6. YOGA
    7. Set DH alarm for 10
    8. Remember lunch!!!
    9. Dressed and ready by 8:30
    11. First day at the bank(???)
    12. Dinner/Dishes
    13. DH time
    14. Bed by 10:30

If no work:
    1. Clean bathroom
    2. Visit parents
    3. Check mail

• cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,477 Member
    Options
    @cschmitz110515 I love all the smiley faces! That is awesome! I hope the seminar is pleasant. I remember going to a few over the years and they were eye-crossingly boring. Lol.

Thanks ~ lol. To maintain my professional designations (numbers geek ~ CPA and internal audit certifications), I must complete 120 CPE (Continuing Professional Education) credits every 3 years, so I average at least 40 CPE per year. Today's seminar was 8 CPE. Better than 1 hour webinar at a time (1 CPE).

I didn't do so well on my JFT goals for today, and it's early for my total recap. But have another full day of in-house training W, won't have time to post in morning (plan to walk treadmill before class).

Recap T 3/20 ~ seminar 8:00 to 4:30
    1) Move during breaks / maybe walk dog in evening = Lots of sitting / catching up with associates in my field / no dog walk on first day of spring & temp with wind chill a balmy >:) 14F. Fitbit > 6,000 steps so far. :/
    2) Drink water = Fortunately water pitchers on each table. 12c so far. :smiley:
    3) Choose sensibly at lunch = Caesar salad w/ grilled chicken and iced tea unsweet :smile:
    4) Eat snacks I brought = Morning ate my Kodiak Cakes power muffin (yum) :smiley: but in afternoon, succumbed to seminar snacks of popcorn & peanut butter cookie. :/ Then this evening ate chocolate covered almonds. Ack! But I logged them, and at least almonds are gone. :# Net calories & other numbers not pretty today. :s
    5) Evening: boil eggs :smiley: / complete grocery list (find that recipe) ~ plan to work on next :D / wash towels :smiley: in dryer right now / at least 2 more to-do's = nothing major but yep :smiley:
    Cutting it close / still plan to: 6) Unplug 9:00 / floss / retainers / bed & TV off 10:15

Just for Wed. 3/21 ~ in-house training 8:30 to 4:30 but quick lunch at home w/ hubby (short commute from Employee Services Building)
    1) Treadmill before work & stretch
    2) Drink water ~ bring water bottle
    3) Leftovers for lunch / choose wisely at soup supper (limit bread & desserts) / net calories green
    4) Evening: soup supper (final week) / Lenten service / grocery shop / 1-2 more to-do's?
    5) Unplug 9:00 / floss / retainers / bed & TV off 10:15
  • bcTRAI
    bcTRAI Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    bcTRAI wrote: »
    JFT Tuesday
    1. Water :)
    2. Meditation :| had to work extra today so something had to go, especially if I wanted to sleep a passable amount.
    3. Recycling :)
    4. Shop for work :)
    5. Work :)
    6. Brush and floss :)
    7. Bed by 10:30 :)
    JFT Wednesday
    1. Water
    2. Meditation
    3. Jewellers
    4. Groceries
    5. Paint Store
    6. Guild mtg.
    7. Studio time, if possible. I only have 3/8 of the border left so I want to get on it.
    8. Brush and floss
    9. Bed by 10:30
  • sarah74_vt
    sarah74_vt Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    JFY (Tuesday)
    1. Drink 8 glasses of water :/
    2. Log all the food I eat :) (even though I didn't want to...LOL)
    3. Stay in the green with my food intake :/
    4. Finish 4 orders from my shop :)

JFT (Wednesday)
    1. Drink 8 glasses of water
    2. Log all the food I eat
    3. Stay in the green with my food intake
    4. Finish a couple orders from my shop
    5. Go to the gym

@HGSmith0920 Glad your husband got home safely! Hope you're able to have your one day off with him, but if you do start your job, best of luck to you with it!! Starting again after 6 months will be an adjustment, but you've got this!! :-)
  • toaljasa
    toaljasa Posts: 955 Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    @HGSmith0920 We are all waiting to hear how your first day of work went! (hopefully you ended up with a headache free day.)

@slittlemeister I am so thankful I have people who will encourage/push/prod me. Glad you went to French class. You have invested a lot of time in it to start getting all wobbly on attendance!

@cschmitz110515 I remember living in Upstate New York---one year it snowed one time. That's it. The next year I didn't think it was going to let up! But the good thing is that there are an army of snow plows, so that when the hubs was going to work, our street would have already been plowed as well as the main roads. Our first year in Idaho we had record snow---but very few snow plows in our area as the snow usually melts the next day. Made me appreciate what we had in NY! You are doing so great on your health journey. You continue to be an inspiration. I appreciate that you log not only the good days but the bad and ugly ones, too.

@clicketykeys Now is not the time to give up and give in. Now is the time to dig in. Look at one item on the health side of your JFT list and focus on it---water, logging, exercise, whatever. One thing and focus on it JFT. Take control. Be the master of it...don't let it master you! You can do this---we see the numbers--and btw, I appreciate that you post your numbers here in an honest way. This is a journey. And as with anything we are wanting to change, we will run smack into resistance. But resistance is not immovable. It's trying to make you think it is so that you will decide not to move forward. So instead of giving up, I want to encourage you to run through it. As soon as you do, it will poof! disappear and you will be on your way to your target. I did three things back in January that I think have continued to help me. 1) I listed the reasons why I want to lose weight. 2) I made a plan as to how I am going to do this. 3) I wrote out a vision: what my day will look like a year from now if I stick with numbers 1 and 2. It started with my waking up to going to bed that night and includes how I will feel, what my closet will look like, what I will eat, what my relationships will look like, how I feel about my body, what my activities will be that day. My vision for January 2019 looks a whole lot different than where I was in 2018 and I am aiming for that vision. Anyway, you have done so well, and worked so hard, I just want to encourage you to push through. Peace and joy. Never let a stumble in the road be the end of the journey.

• Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,737 Member
    Options
    JFT - Tuesday Mar 20
    2L of water - :)
    1.5 miles on the treadmill - :( Didn't make it to the gym, but walked for about 35 minutes and moved some furniture
    Stay in the green - :( No, but only 33 over this time
    Start my gratitude journal - :)

JFT - Wednesday March 21
    2L of Water
    Clean uniform room in office
    Stay in the Green
    Write in gratitude journal
    Get cuddles from the grandchildren! It's Grandkid Wednesday!
  • toaljasa
    Options
    JFT, 3/21
    I will pre-log and log all my food
    I will drink at least 8 cups water
    I will walk on the torture mill
    I will do my online program

Wednesday Weigh In
    1/1/18: 177lbs
    3/21/18: 159lbs
    Wake up with determination.
    Go through the day with deliberation.
    Go to bed with satisfaction.
  • toaljasa
    Options
    Well, I know I am back in TX when I'm sitting in the chiropractor's office and I hear the front door open and recognize the jingle of spurs and see the great big, in your face, shiny, oval belt buckle!
  • acrylicfox
    acrylicfox Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    Yuck, so sick with the flu right now, must have picked up a bug when I was out on Monday.
    my only goal for today and tomorrow is to avoid gluten and dairy

Now back to wallowing in self pity...
    hope your day is better than mine everyone :smile:
  • toaljasa
    Options
    acrylicfox wrote: »
    Yuck, so sick with the flu right now, must have picked up a bug when I was out on Monday.

Oh no! I'm so sorry your are ill. This flu is horrible. Add lots of rest to your goal.

mj01h4u5ahwy.png
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,072 Member
    Options
    toaljasa wrote: »
    acrylicfox wrote: »

Oh no! I'm so sorry your are ill. This flu is horrible. Add lots of rest to your goal.

mj01h4u5ahwy.png

Haha that pic is me all over!

Buuuuut I can’t kill my kids :sweat_smile: .. I always get a cough off them.
  • Faebert
    Faebert Posts: 1,588 Member
    Options
    Ugh I’m so sick of this cough as well. I feel ok otherwise but sound awful! Managed a good day today - all green ticks! But feel like it’s Thursday for some reason and don’t feel up to another two days of work..

Recap 21/3:
    exercise early ✅
    - Try and keep up steps/movement during planning morning ✅ 12/14 hours 250+ steps
    - 15k steps ✅
    - 2ltr+ water ✅
    - No excessive snacking during planning time (take raw carrot and celery) ✅
    - Stay within calorie goal ✅
    - Buy breadmaking stuff on way home and bake break with daughter (her homework!) as soon as I get back ✅
    - Cash for charity sale and piano teacher ✅
    - Prep for pupil progress meeting ✅
    - Chase teachers re twinning questions ✅
    - Early night ✅

22/3: Goals
    - exercise before kids get up
    - 2ltr+ water
    - 15k+ steps
    - Stay within calorie goal
    - Leave on time to go to health food shop and get eyebrows threaded after work
    - Batch cook veggies after girls in bed
    - Aim for earlyish night

Am going to browse around on here for a while as love reading everyone’s news (especially want to hear about the new job @HGSmith0920 !). But must meet early night goal above!

Have a good one x
  • HGSmith0920
    Options
    JFT, 3/21/18

1. Log all food :)Currently under calories so I'll have to eat something else before the night is over.
    2. Focus on water(94oz) :DVery doubtful. I cant bring one of my water cups with me because it doesnt have a fixed lid and the bottle I did bring with me I hate so I asked the DH to pick me up something at work on Saturday
    3. Up by 7 :DMigraine ad crazy cat. I got up at like 6:30 (damn cat!) and slept on the couch until 7 then set the alarm for every few minutes until it was 7:30 and I guess I had to go to work
    4. Coffee/Breakfast :)Coffee yes/Breakfast no. Honestly, I completely forgot about it.
    5. Bible/Meditate/Pray :/Didnt have time. This was supposed to happen between 7-730.
    6. YOGA :DLeft early because I didnt know what the roads were like. They were fine and I got to the bank like 25 minutes early.
    7. Set DH alarm for 10 :DTold me not to bother with the alarm. He ended up getting up before 10 anyway. Lol
    8. Remember lunch!!! :)Yup! I only ate the salad w/ leftover chicken and an apple. But it was filling enough, even without the water
    9. Dressed and ready by 8:30 :)I think I left at 8:25
    11. First day at the bank(???) :):):)See above post!!!!
    12. Dinner/Dishes :)Leftover Turkey Lasagna Soup/Just waiting a bowl to soak
    13. DH time :)Doing this now. Totally forgot there was a Pens game. Watching it now
    14. Bed by 10:30 :)Most likely!

If no work:
    1. Clean bathroom(WORKED)
    2. Visit parents(WORKED)
    3. Check mail(WORKED)

See above post about my AWESOME first day at work! Thank you, everyone, who wished me good luck!

Onward!

JFT, 3/22/18

1. Log all food
    2. At LEAST 64oz water
    3. Up by 6
    4. Coffee/Breakfast
    5. Bible/Quiet time
    6. Yoga!
    7. Remember lunch!!!!
    8. Leave by 7:15
    9. Work 745-4(ish)
    10. M&M's(Dinner/Needles)