JUST FOR TODAY ....... One day at a time ..... Daily Commitment Thread for 2018

Options

Replies

• Saragirl2
    Saragirl2 Posts: 630 Member
    Options
    Missed you all! Really have to recommit to getting back on track.

JFT
    Track everything & try to track foods in advance.
    Limit processed foods.
    Set a sugar consumption goal-I could feel this creeping up over the past few weeks.
    Pack fruit & protein bar and put in gym bag.
    Walk dog 2x today.
    Weightlifting at gym. (Plan weightlifting & yoga schedule for the week).
    Plan suppers for weekend & upcoming week.
    Make low fat tuna & egg salads.
    Promised DS I'd finally make cookies (use applesauce in place of oil).
    Meditate
    Clean out DD's room to prep for construction.
    NSV-My personal challenge to not go through drive-thrus (banks, pharmacy, etc). Much easier than giving up sweet iced coffees!
    A friend's husband had heart surgery b/c of blocked arteries. This made me take a closer look at my current path (and our family).

Have a great weekend everyone!

• Saragirl2
    Options
    @joan6630
    I hope all goes well with your efforts for your daughter.
    You'll feel much better after getting to the gym. It's when I'm sitting in the car after working out that I truly feel I've made the best decision which is to take care of my health. :)
  • Saragirl2
    Options
    @Bex953172 my heart goes out to you & your partner. I have to agree with Joan. Your hormones are probably still adjusting & when you stop breastfeeding there is another hormonal adjustment. Plus sleep deprivation. These are major factors in our emotional wellbeing. You've done a wonderful job and Casey will thrive. My daughter's birth was very traumatic. I had PTSD symptoms after but they improved over time. I kept reliving the experience after her birth, especially when I was trying to fall asleep. Please see your doctor and insist you need support with this challenge. I wonder if there is a support group you could access (possibly through hospital, midwife practice or elsewhere). The connections I've made in various support groups have been invaluable to me. Online resources for guidance and meditation may be helpful too. Try to focus on your basics & self care.

Sending hugs
  • sarah74_vt
    sarah74_vt Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    JFY (Friday)
    1. Drink 8 glasses of water :/ (close, I was at 7)
    2. Log all the food I eat :)
    3. Stay in the green with my food intake :)
    4. Finish one large order from my shop :)
    5. Go to the gym :)
    6. Laundry :)

JFT (Saturday)
    1. Drink 8 glasses of water
    2. Log all the food I eat
    3. Stay in the green with my food intake
    4. Finish two orders from my shop

@Bex953172 Bex I'm so sorry you're having a rough time. :-( Nineteen years ago when I had my first son I tried to breastfeed and it just wasn't working out for me. I felt so much guilt, but I can tell you, nineteen years later, I have a very healthy young man at home so giving him formula didn't inhibit him or hold him back at all. Please don't be hard on yourself, you just do what's best for you and your family. With my second son I just went right to bottle feeding and he's also a very healthy and intelligent boy of 14. I think as young mothers we're so very hard on ourselves and put so much pressure on ourselves to be perfect at everything and that's just not possible. Motherhood is a series of trip ups and learning opportunities along with many wonderful times. Our kids flourish when they are loved...even by us imperfect moms (and dads). :-) I also went through PPD after both births and the best thing I did for myself was to get help by going to see my doctor. If you feel like you're not yourself, please do see your doctor. He or she can help. Many hugs to you Bex!!!
  • cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,489 Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    Reading of the struggle some of you have, I really feel for you. My prayers go out for you. Massive hugs!!! <3

Recap F 3/23
    1) Move hourly / stairs breaks at work = Fitbit 16,712 steps, 250+ steps 13/14 & 47 floors :smiley:
    2) Snacks & meal plans in my head / prelog as much as possible / net calories green / monitor usual = Don't know why but had lots of snacks throughout the day, mostly healthy (string cheese, hard boiled egg, power cakes muffin, et. al.) ~ logged them all (I think). Net calories -348, sugar -17, sodium > 1,000 red, protein & fiber good & 12c water. :/
    3) Complete PA-OSGC project & submit for review = Completed all summaries & score sheet, drafted report & organized workpapers, and submitted for review. :smiley: Now back to my problem-child project (jk, but this project has dragged on over one year, can't wait for it to be done). :#
    4) Walk dog after work = 3.82 mi 1:04:54 / stretched / happy dog & happy me B)
    5) Evening > 3 to-dos = Maybe 2, just felt so tired after walking dog and making supper, so sat on couch to veg & watch TV. :neutral:
    6) Unplug 10:00 :smiley: / floss :( too tired / retainers :( ditto / bed & TV off 11:00 :smiley: think I was sleeping before 10:15 my worknight time lol

JFT Sat. 3/24 ~ Hubby just waking up, not sure of plans for today, so I'll list what I think I might manage. Have walked dog or treadmill 5x this week, day is cold and windy, so taking rest day.
    1) Drink > 12c water / not so easy on weekends
    2) Net calories w/i 100 green
    3) Declutter and to-do list
    4) Unwind 9:00 / floss / retainers / bed & TV off 10:30
  • toaljasa
    toaljasa Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    Saragirl2 wrote: »
    Missed you all! Really have to recommit to getting back on track.

JFT
    Track everything & try to track foods in advance.
    Limit processed foods.
    Set a sugar consumption goal-I could feel this creeping up over the past few weeks.
    Pack fruit & protein bar and put in gym bag.
    Walk dog 2x today.
    Weightlifting at gym. (Plan weightlifting & yoga schedule for the week).
    Plan suppers for weekend & upcoming week.
    Make low fat tuna & egg salads.
    Promised DS I'd finally make cookies (use applesauce in place of oil).
    Meditate
    Clean out DD's room to prep for construction.
    NSV-My personal challenge to not go through drive-thrus (banks, pharmacy, etc). Much easier than giving up sweet iced coffees!
    A friend's husband had heart surgery b/c of blocked arteries. This made me take a closer look at my current path (and our family).

Have a great weekend everyone!

You were missed! So glad to see you on here again. You mentioned your friend's husband. I agree, those kind of circumstances motivates me to keep moving on my health journey.

Peace and joy!
  • toaljasa
    toaljasa Posts: 955 Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    @Bex953172 I hope you feel the blanket of love and concern from the outpouring of testimonies from the women who have walked in your shoes. I hope and pray you will heed their words of advice to seek help sooner than later if you are at all feeling prompted to do so. We care so much about you. Please try and check in daily, even if it's, "I'm here."
    omkv68thvta9.png
  • PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,337 Member
    Options
    @joan6630 I think you and I are in the same slump! I'm up also and I am so discouraged. And really....did I think I could eat all that crap and sit on my butt and NOT gain weight? We just found out in the last couple of weeks that my 18 year old granddaughter who lives with us (and has for the past 4 years -- long story) was diagnosed with bipolar. Nobody had told her or her mother of this, so of course she has not been on any treatment for it. So much made sense to me when I heard that, because of all the self-destructive decisions she has been making to dig herself further and further into holes, but at the same time I felt so sad! She is such a beautiful and vibrant girl with so much potential. I know you and a few others have had dealings with this so I'm sure you understand the different emotions that go with it. On one hand, it explains so much. And we are now able to move forward and try treating the problem. But on the other hand, I want to fix it.

Well, my eating chips, cookies, ice cream and fast food is NOT going to fix a damn thing and it's time I get it together.

I love you all!
  • bcTRAI
    bcTRAI Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    bcTRAI wrote: »
    JFT Friday
    1. Water :)
    2. Meditation :)
    3. Studio - finish the larger border! :D YES!
    4. Pool :)
    5. Dinner at Subway :)
    6. Brush and floss :)
    7. Bed by 10:30 :)
    JFT Saturday
    1. Water
    2. Meditation
    3. Studio - attach binding
    4. Stew in slow cooker
    5. Bake muffins
    6. Brush and floss
    7. Bed by 10:30

((((( @bex953172 ))))) Please hear all the loving words from your surrogate moms honey. Your house would be overflowing with helping hands were it possible. We love you and want you back to your happy, healthy, chipper self.

((((( @joan6630 ))))) ((((( @OConnell5483 ))))) You guys CAN get back on track! We all have slack times but you can do this. I can't afford to come over there, find you, and kick your behinds so I'm doing it virtually. Ha!!

((((( @HGSmith0920 )))))) I know it's been a few days but I wanted to say how proud you should be of yourself! I'm so glad your training is going well and now hubby is on a new track too. Make sure to keep taking care of yourselves in these busy changing times.
  • cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,489 Member
    Options
    Weekly Weigh-In = When I'm active I eat back calories. My weaknesses: I love food...my sweet tooth, especially chocolate...portion control...FOMO (Fear of Missing Out). I weigh myself daily and log weekly / posting my Saturday a.m. weigh-in here. [My digital scale only shows half pound increments & I'm too cheap to buy a fancier scale.]

Age 60, 5'4" (lost 1/2" somewhere)
    GW #1: 150 in a livable way = It's. Not. A. Diet.
    GW #2: 145 normal BMI
    UG maintain: 140 - 145 [anything less is probably unsustainable]
    March Goal = 152.5

11/5/15 = 195.0 joined MFP with no real plan except It's. Not. A. Diet.
    1/10/17 = 185.5 clearly not a regular on MFP / joined JFT, best group ever! :smiley:
    5/31/17 = 180.5 two end of month celebrations / committed to posting weekly weigh-in
    06/03 = 177.5
    06/10 = 179.5 pre-10K spaghetti supper night before
    06/17 = 179.5 numerous meals away from home, several occasions w/ alcohol, happy no gain
    06/24 = 178.0 fluctuated during week, but ended ok
    07/01 = 176.0 Yay!!! Achieved June goal to stay <180
    07/08 = 177.5 oops
    07/15 = 176.5
    07/22 = 175.0
    07/29 = 174.0 saw at least one daily w-i below 174
    08/05 = 174.5 dined out for Girls Day Out & ate Dad's cooking & baking
    08/12 = 173.5 scale flirted with even lower numbers on daily weigh-ins
    08/19 = 173.5 had couple of high calorie days
    08/26 = 172.0 kind of a surprise
    09/02 = 170.0 Woohoo! Officially overweight, not obese :smiley:
    09/09 = 171.5 backsliding, ack!
    09/16 = 169.5 yay, the middle number is a six!
    09/23 = 168.5 have lots challenges in upcoming week
    09/30 = 167.0 met Sept goal to stay under 170
    10/07 = 166.0
    10/14 = 166.5 dined out 2 days with adult beverages plus wine & cheesecake at spa
    10/21 = 166.5 dined out 2 days plus food day in office / no gain is good [joined Just Give Me 10 Days challenge (daily w/i)]
    10/28 = 164.5 very active week & watched CICO / reached October goal of 165
    11/04 = 163.0 wow, really surprised at this, daily fluctuations very up and down this week
    11/11 = 164.5 this is temporary b/c very high sodium yesterday
    11/18 = 162.0 big surprise, especially b/c I weigh myself daily and didn't see this all week
    11/25 = 163.0 no surprise after 2 no-logging-food days (parade day and Thanksgiving), just glad not worse
    12/02 = 161.0 Jingle Bell 5K day / 44:37 chip time & ave. pace 14:22 & very happy!
    12/09 = 158.5 surprised to say the least / first time in 10 years my weight is 1-5-anything! :love:
    12/16 = 158.0 no work parties or food days & stuck with CICO
    12/23 = 157.5 no "workouts" but shoveled snow & snowshoed, busy with Christmas preparations
    12/30 = 159.0 Christmas Day no food/beverages logged
    01/06/18 = 159.0 New Year's Eve hubby & I splurged on treats & beverages (at home), and I did not log...totally worth it!
    01/13 = 157.0 big surprise! Yesterday evening, walked in Frenzy on the Fox 5K in 47:26 & pace 15:19. Very happy with my time, wore layers of clothes in 10 degrees & NNW 12 mph wind, fun event.
    01/20 = 156.5
    01/27 = 156.5 maintaining / not a bad thing
    02/03 = sick / no weigh in
    02/10 = 152.5 unhealthy loss due to illness / I know weight will go back up & I'm totally fine with that
    02/17 = 153.0 thrilled with annual physical on 2/15/18: BP 110/68, pulse 64 and BMI 26.14 :star:
    02/24 = 154.0 little out of control last week, but at goal for the month
    03/03 = 155.5 oops / still lower than before I was sick
    03/10 = 153.5 back on track
    03/17 = 152.5
    03/24 = 153.0 evening snacks & two days straight of 8 hr seminars (+ lots of sitting)

“Start by doing what’s necessary, then what’s possible, and suddenly you are doing the impossible.” Francis of Assisi
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,079 Member
    Options
    joan6630 wrote: »
    SO jft, Saturday
    1. log all food --- I have been so bad in doing this :/ How do I begin to record all the jelly beans I ate today!
    2. concentrate on water :/:/
    3. I am tired today, so watch what I eat. These kind of days I tend to want to eat junk food :/
    4. work on quilt - I am almost finished :) All the borders are now on this giant quilt!! WHAT was I thinking! But .... I see a end in site .... I just have to FM quilt the borders, and add the binding. I love how it turned out!
    5. get back on here - log all food, do what I know I need to do to get that scale movin :/

Another awful day food wise. Its been a rainy, dreary day, and I think I just grazed all day.
    But ..... I am starting fresh tomorrow!!! FOR SURE!!!! NO MORE SLACKING!!! I DO NOT want to see those 200s again .... and I am to close to that happening!

JFT, Sunday
    1. GO TO THE GYM!!! Start the day out right
    2. log ALL food --- measure my food so I know what I am eating
    3. concentrate on water!!!! Make this a priority
    4. work on quilt .... try to finish the FMQ so I can clean up my sewing room before son comes to visit
    5. get back on here - be accountable

I want to also start another challenge --- will anyone join me? This is a easy one for many of you, but not for me. So for the rest of this month --- the challenge is we have to drink 8 glasses of water.

You have a headache
    Your Mouth, Eyes, and Skin are Dry
    Your Urine is Dark
    You’re Disoriented
    Your Energy Level is Low
    You Often Have Muscle Cramps or Spasms
    You Don’t Sweat During Exercise
    You’re Always Hungry
    This one I can relate to I think!!!

SO for the rest of this month ---- if we can all aim for 8 glasses of water each day!! For me, that may mean gulping down 4 glasses at a time, but whatever it takes, I am going to work on this, and see if I can tell a difference.

And .... watch for another challenge for the month of April! I want to get us all that are struggling a kick (me mostly LOL), and make this our best summer yet.

SO ... is anyone in with me on this small challenge?

Yeah go on thennnnn!

I’ll give it a go!