JUST FOR TODAY ....... One day at a time ..... Daily Commitment Thread for 2018

Options

Replies

• toaljasa
    toaljasa Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    joan6630 wrote: »
    SO jft, Saturday
    1. log all food --- I have been so bad in doing this :/ How do I begin to record all the jelly beans I ate today!
    2. concentrate on water :/:/
    3. I am tired today, so watch what I eat. These kind of days I tend to want to eat junk food :/
    4. work on quilt - I am almost finished :) All the borders are now on this giant quilt!! WHAT was I thinking! But .... I see a end in site .... I just have to FM quilt the borders, and add the binding. I love how it turned out!
    5. get back on here - log all food, do what I know I need to do to get that scale movin :/

Another awful day food wise. Its been a rainy, dreary day, and I think I just grazed all day.
    But ..... I am starting fresh tomorrow!!! FOR SURE!!!! NO MORE SLACKING!!! I DO NOT want to see those 200s again .... and I am to close to that happening!

JFT, Sunday
    1. GO TO THE GYM!!! Start the day out right
    2. log ALL food --- measure my food so I know what I am eating
    3. concentrate on water!!!! Make this a priority
    4. work on quilt .... try to finish the FMQ so I can clean up my sewing room before son comes to visit
    5. get back on here - be accountable

I want to also start another challenge --- will anyone join me? This is a easy one for many of you, but not for me. So for the rest of this month --- the challenge is we have to drink 8 glasses of water.

You have a headache
    Your Mouth, Eyes, and Skin are Dry
    Your Urine is Dark
    You’re Disoriented
    Your Energy Level is Low
    You Often Have Muscle Cramps or Spasms
    You Don’t Sweat During Exercise
    You’re Always Hungry
    This one I can relate to I think!!!

SO for the rest of this month ---- if we can all aim for 8 glasses of water each day!! For me, that may mean gulping down 4 glasses at a time, but whatever it takes, I am going to work on this, and see if I can tell a difference.

And .... watch for another challenge for the month of April! I want to get us all that are struggling a kick (me mostly LOL), and make this our best summer yet.

SO ... is anyone in with me on this small challenge?

I'm in!
  • toaljasa
    Options
    Bex953172 wrote: »
    Two little wins..

Fit in pre pregnancy jeans!
    Casey just slept from10pm - 5am (and is back up to birth weight!)

I actually feel like I’ve had a decent sleep!

Wonderful!!! It's amazing what a good night's sleep will do for you. So glad, Bex. And I am so thrilled you and your partner had a chat and communicated. You know, lack of communication, or MIS-communication can really make things go wonky! So, communicate communicate communicate, lol!!! Fears. Feeling overwhelmed. Asking for help (please avoid writing a letter to your partner asking for help and placing it on social media as some woman recently did...ugh! Poor man). Asking for clarification. Asking for direction. I've been known, when I had young ones, to look glazed over at my husband and say, "There is so much to do, I don't know what to start first. Can you point me in the direction?" This was so helpful when I was so frazzled I couldn't prioritize and my husband looking at it from different perspective, could help me clarify and set me back on track again. And I will tell you what my mom told me years ago. Your partner is not a mind reader. And what you see that needs to be done may not be seen by him. So, if you need something done, ask him. He will probably be more than ready to help you out. Love that the three of you are going to spend time together. So very sweet.

Peace and joy.

• toaljasa
    Options
    @Bex953172 I PM'd you.
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,102 Member
    Options
    toaljasa wrote: »
    @Bex953172 I PM'd you.

Noooo you didn’t LOL!
    It’s not showing anyway?
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,808 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I have not been a good girl at all. Surprise! *sigh* I have the best intentions every single day, and then blow it at night. And I intend every single day to hop on here and post my goals but I never get up early enough and then at work I don't want to because my cubicle is right outside my boss's office and I don't know if I'm supposed to be on this site on my work computer or not... I have so many dumb things that all snowball and I think I need to pick away at each one to get to the core...starting with finding out why I still feel so lousy. I'm thinking I might have allergies or something that causes me to wake up with headaches, burning/watering/puffy eyes, and other head cold type of things. If I could feel better, I might be able to wake up when alarm goes off because my head wouldn't be pounding. If I woke up earlier, I could hop on here to start my day. If I hopped on here at the start of the day, I might actually stick to my goals. If I stuck to my goals, I might not be gaining instead of losing weight! Gee, sounds so simple. So, I think I am going to talk to my doctor about seeing an allergist. Something is making me feel crappy all year round and I'm just plain tired of it! We moved into this older home when we moved to town, and I'm wondering if it might be dust in the duct work or something? IDK but it has to stop.

So, anyway, I've gained instead of lost in the last two weeks from just plain not giving a crap and eating whatever I want, which usually means Ice Cream around 8 pm. Not acceptable. I realized yesterday when I actually had a difficult time leaning over to tie my shoe that enough is enough! I had never felt that much pressure on my middle area before. I carry my excess weight mostly around my middle and that is not healthy for a woman my age. Time to step it up. I hope y'all don't mind if I post more than just today's goals on here. I need a bit more right now just to keep myself motivated and accountable.

I have missed you all a bunch!

Just for Saturday [3/24]:
    1. Journal every bite
    2. No ice cream today. Maybe tomorrow, but not today.
    3. 85 oz of water today
    4. 30 minutes of activity - Body Groove probably
    5. Do lymphatic massage twice today as instructed by therapist
    6. Wear my compression sleeve for any repetitive activity I do (I HATE wearing this thing. So hot and itchy!)
    7. Body, Mind & Spirit - Take time for self to address all three
    8. Be present today. Be in the moment. Really listen when my husband talks to me and not with half an ear.
    9. Listen to inspiring minimalism and Optimal living daily Podcasts instead of having TV on.
    10. Simple Abundance, New Day New You, Inspirational Readings for Women, and write 5 things I'm grateful for in gratitude journal tonight before bed. I cannot tell you how much this helps me fall asleep without a cluttered obsessive brain.
    11. Bed at a decent hour so I can get up and take granddaughter to church tomorrow. We are trying out a new church so I don't want to be half asleep!

This week [3/24 - 3/31] , I will:
    • Meal plan for the week
    • Make grocery list
    • Work on quilt
    • Declutter for 15 minutes
    • Look for spring clothes, shoes and purses stored in basement
    • Make a budget for April
    • Finish Taxes
    • Make an appointment with an allergist

This Week's Tiny Habits:
    After I eat dinner, I will set out tomorrow's clothes.
    After I pour my first cup of coffee, I will read 5 verses from Bible
    After I towel dry my hair, I will have my morning chat with God.
    After I sit down at the end of the day, I will prelog my food for tomorrow.

This is not a race, it's a marathon. One step at a time.

I love your Tiny Habits, that is what I'm trying to do too, it sure helps me. Good Luck!
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,808 Member
    Options
    joan6630 wrote: »
    SO jft, Saturday
    1. log all food --- I have been so bad in doing this :/ How do I begin to record all the jelly beans I ate today!
    2. concentrate on water :/:/
    3. I am tired today, so watch what I eat. These kind of days I tend to want to eat junk food :/
    4. work on quilt - I am almost finished :) All the borders are now on this giant quilt!! WHAT was I thinking! But .... I see a end in site .... I just have to FM quilt the borders, and add the binding. I love how it turned out!
    5. get back on here - log all food, do what I know I need to do to get that scale movin :/

Another awful day food wise. Its been a rainy, dreary day, and I think I just grazed all day.
    But ..... I am starting fresh tomorrow!!! FOR SURE!!!! NO MORE SLACKING!!! I DO NOT want to see those 200s again .... and I am to close to that happening!

JFT, Sunday
    1. GO TO THE GYM!!! Start the day out right
    2. log ALL food --- measure my food so I know what I am eating
    3. concentrate on water!!!! Make this a priority
    4. work on quilt .... try to finish the FMQ so I can clean up my sewing room before son comes to visit
    5. get back on here - be accountable

I want to also start another challenge --- will anyone join me? This is a easy one for many of you, but not for me. So for the rest of this month --- the challenge is we have to drink 8 glasses of water.

You have a headache
    Your Mouth, Eyes, and Skin are Dry
    Your Urine is Dark
    You’re Disoriented
    Your Energy Level is Low
    You Often Have Muscle Cramps or Spasms
    You Don’t Sweat During Exercise
    You’re Always Hungry
    This one I can relate to I think!!!

SO for the rest of this month ---- if we can all aim for 8 glasses of water each day!! For me, that may mean gulping down 4 glasses at a time, but whatever it takes, I am going to work on this, and see if I can tell a difference.

And .... watch for another challenge for the month of April! I want to get us all that are struggling a kick (me mostly LOL), and make this our best summer yet.

SO ... is anyone in with me on this small challenge?

I am in on the 8 glasses of water, I am struggling with that too. I have noticed that if I don't get 4 cups in before supper it is very hard for me to get the other 4 in after. I try to stop drinking at least an hour before bed, I get annoyed when I have to get up in the night.
  • sarah74_vt
    sarah74_vt Posts: 368 Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    JFY (Saturday)
    1. Drink 8 glasses of water :)
    2. Log all the food I eat :)
    3. Stay in the green with my food intake :/ (Ugh, I was HUNGRY today...didn't completely blow it, but did go over by a bit)
    4. Finish two orders from my shop :)

JFT (Sunday)
    1. Drink 8 glasses of water
    2. Log all the food I eat
    3. Stay in the green with my food intake
    4. Finish two orders from my shop
    5. Laundry
    6. Groceries

@joan6630 I'll join the challenge! I shoot for 8 glasses of water (well... water/diet soda) a day, but don't always get there. Maybe a separate challenge will help motivate me to make it happen every day.
  • cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,517 Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    Yesterday was an emotional day... I realized I really just wanted my Dad, he would know. Unfortunately, he passed in 2012... Then my brother messaged me and my Mom, who went into a nursing home in December because of Alzheimers, told a nurse that my brother was "just a close friend of the family". I seriously sat down and cried. I am across the country and haven't seen my Mom since 2016. I realized she may not know me the next time I see her and how heartbreaking for my brother.

Very difficult for family when a loved one has Alzheimer's / dementia. My MIL had dementia, and she lived with hubby and me from the time we got married in 2004 to her passing in April 2016. She was 64 days short of her 100th birthday. She and I were friendly but never close in the 20 years I knew her, and sometimes she was nasty to me, but I know that was the dementia. Hubby was her stay-at-home caretaker (pills, appointments, financial, etc.) and at times it was heartbreaking for him. She had lots of good days. But other stretches, she did not realize he was her son, just the man that took care of her. There were days when she insisted she wanted to go "home". She always wanted us to think of her and remember her the way she used to be. And we always bring up the good things, there were plenty, not the bad stuff. My heart and prayers go out for you and your family.
  • cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,517 Member
    Options
    Recap Sat. 3/24 ~ Hubby just waking up, not sure of plans for today, so I'll list what I think I might manage. Have walked dog or treadmill 5x this week, day is cold and windy, so taking rest day. = We decided to have a quiet day at home, and it was nice!
    1) Drink > 12c water / not so easy on weekends = 14c :smiley:
    2) Net calories w/i 100 green = Huge fail. Snacked on tortilla chips with hubby (his fault :D ) and they tasted so salty! Fast food for supper (we had gift cards to use up), first time in weeks, maybe even before Christmas! No regrets, I've been craving fast food lately. But numbers horribly red! :s
    3) Declutter and to-do list = More left, but making progress! :smiley:
    4) Unwind 9:00 / floss / retainers / bed & TV off 10:30 = Another huge fail x4. Oh well, it's the weekend. :p

Upcoming week: Will be attending special Holy Week church services Maundy Thursday and Good Friday. Singing with choir on Easter Sunday at services. I have 5 vacation days starting Wed. to prep & recover from Easter celebrations & dinner. Have parents, aunt, siblings & spouses coming to our house. Unfortunately, not everyone can be here this year, but that's the way it goes.

JFT Palm Sunday 3/25
    1) Bible class :smiley: / church :smiley:
    2) Walk dog
    3) Continue to declutter (why oh why do I let house get like this?) and to-do list
    4) Drink water throughout day > 12c
    5) Net calories green / monitor usual
    6) Unwind 9:00 (I'm serious!) / floss / retainers / bed & TV off 10:15
  • PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,351 Member
    Options
    bcTRAI wrote: »
    3. Studio - finish the larger border! :D YES!

((((( @joan6630 ))))) ((((( @OConnell5483 ))))) You guys CAN get back on track! We all have slack times but you can do this. I can't afford to come over there, find you, and kick your behinds so I'm doing it virtually. Ha!!

You finished the border! Awesome! That has to be such a feeling of accomplishment. I've never made a large quilt like that. I'm going to try making one after I finish Bex's baby quilt. :smile:

Thanks for the kick in the hinder! I needed it!
  • PackerFanInGB
    Options
    @Bex953172 I was so happy to read your post. I have found in the past that if I try to do it all and think I should be able to do it all, I get really stressed out. When I finally break down and talk to my husband about it, he always makes me feel so much better because he had no idea I thought i needed to be the one doing everything. I'm so happy to hear you are feeling better and going to have some alone time! Everyone needs that!

@joan6630 I AM IN! 8 glasses a day is probably 3 or 4 more than I get now on average!

@Snowflake1968 I love doing the Tiny Habits. It was a challenge a few weeks ago on a different group I am a member of and it worked so well! Once I get these 4 things down and I'm doing them automatically without thinking about them, I've got a few more I'm going to start. Good luck!
  • PackerFanInGB
    Options
    Just for Saturday [3/24]:
    1. Journal every bite :)
    2. No ice cream today. Maybe tomorrow, but not today. :)Swapped it out for 1c cottage cheese with 3/4 c blueberries. Yummy.
    3. 85 oz of water today :)Short by 10 oz but 75 oz of water for me is actually really good!
    4. 30 minutes of activity - Body Groove probably ;)Nope, but got A LOT of steps in so I'm counting that.
    5. Do lymphatic massage twice today as instructed by therapist :(
    6. Wear my compression sleeve for any repetitive activity I do (I HATE wearing this thing. So hot and itchy!) :(
    7. Body, Mind & Spirit - Take time for self to address all three :)Did not sit all day, because I went bumming with my daughter and didn't take my cell phone with me. Body: Movement Mind: Unplugged and spent time with daughter for first time in months. Spirit: My evening readings and journaling
    8. Be present today. Be in the moment. Really listen when my husband talks to me and not with half an ear. :)Spent the day with my daughter with no cell phone, like the "old days" when a person could leave the house and not be bothered by calls and texts! LOL
    9. Listen to inspiring minimalism and Optimal living daily Podcasts instead of having TV on. ;)I wasn't home! So this was actually a good thing.
    10. Simple Abundance, New Day New You, Inspirational Readings for Women, and write 5 things I'm grateful for in gratitude journal tonight before bed. I cannot tell you how much this helps me fall asleep without a cluttered obsessive brain. :star: YES!
    11. Bed at a decent hour so I can get up and take granddaughter to church tomorrow. We are trying out a new church so I don't want to be half asleep! :sNo. I failed at this. I couldn't fall asleep last night because I let something bother me that I should not have. Didn't get up in time, so I feel really bad about this.

I know my posts are long this week with my list of goals, my list for the week and my Tiny Habits, and I apologize. I'm just really trying to be accountable for all and this really helps me. Happy Sunday everyone!

Just for Sunday [3/25]:
    1. Journal all food.
    2. 8 cups of water
    3. Lymphatic massage x2
    4. Wear the stupid compression sleeve at least for 4 H today
    5. Stay unplugged all day except for MFP. This is my favorite thing to do on Sunday. So relaxing.
    6. Select and iron this week's outfits to make mornings smoother.
    7. Pack tomorrow's breakfast, lunch and snacks. Prelog it.
    8. Body, Mind and Spirit - take time to nourish each
    9. Evening routine - my readings and gratitude journal
    10. Unplug and to bed EARLY! Shoot for getting up without hitting snooze.
    11. NO ice cream today. Maybe tomorrow, but not today.
    12. Complete at least 2 things on my To-Do list.

This week [3/24 - 3/31] , I will:
    • Meal plan for the week
    • Make grocery list
    • Work on quilt
    • Declutter for 15 minutes
    • Look for spring clothes, shoes and purses stored in basement
    • Make a budget for April
    • Finish Taxes
    • Make an appointment with an allergist

This Week's Tiny Habits:
    After I eat dinner, I will set out tomorrow's clothes.
    After I pour my first cup of coffee, I will read 5 verses from Bible
    After I towel dry my hair, I will have my morning chat with God.
    After I sit down at the end of the day, I will prelog my food for tomorrow.

This is not a race, it's a marathon. One step at a time will get you there. Just keep moving forward.
  • Bex953172
    Options
    bcTRAI wrote: »
    3. Studio - finish the larger border! :D YES!

((((( @joan6630 ))))) ((((( @OConnell5483 ))))) You guys CAN get back on track! We all have slack times but you can do this. I can't afford to come over there, find you, and kick your behinds so I'm doing it virtually. Ha!!

You finished the border! Awesome! That has to be such a feeling of accomplishment. I've never made a large quilt like that. I'm going to try making one after I finish Bex's baby quilt. :smile:

Thanks for the kick in the hinder! I needed it!

I wanted to ask if you were feeling well enough to continue the quilt :)
    I’m really excited haha but don’t do anything if it’s going to cause you any pain!
  • biche896
    biche896 Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    biche896 wrote: »
    JFT :

Lift
    C25K
    Vitamin d
    Eat within macros
    10k steps
    2 litres of water
    IF 16/8

Did everything except drink 2 litres of water and eat within macros. I ate within calories but not macros. And I didn’t track how much water I drank but it wasn’t that much.

JFT:
    Lift
    10k steps
    Eat within macros
    2 litres of water
    IF 16/8
    Vitamin d
  • Bex953172
    Options
    @joan6630
    Soooo it’s 8.30pm here atm.
    And I *may* have forgotten about the challenge :sweat_smile:
  • mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,222 Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    Bex953172 wrote: »
    @joan6630
    Soooo it’s 8.30pm here atm.
    And I *may* have forgotten about the challenge :sweat_smile:

You sound like me :s You have some time to chug down 8 glasses yet!!!