Bex953172 Posts: 4,092 Member
    Options
    toaljasa wrote: »
    Bex953172 wrote: »
    @Bex953172 I PM'd you.

Okay, I tried it again.

Still nothing lol? This is getting weird now! What are you going mfp!!

Okay, it said message sent and everything? And I'm clicking on your face so I don't think it's going to someone else. Hmmm...I'm probably doing something wrong. Okay. Bex, do you have a crockpot (also called a slow cooker) or an instant pot?

Lol I hate that you went through all that effort for me to say no :sweat_smile:
    Not an electric one. I have a pot with a lid that can go in the oven but it’s pretty small!
  • cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,506 Member
    Options
    Had another good night sleep, I think. Lol. I may have woken up briefly when the DH came to bed but I also may have dreamed it. I didnt fall asleep right away last night but I slept well. I'm pretty sure Panda didnt wake me up either. Lol. I'm not sure what changed with him but he's been pretty good the last few nights. I just really hope that it continues. Lol.

It's just after 6 in the morning here. I have to be to work at 8. I usually get up around 7-7:30 so this is a bit of a change. Lol. I chose 6 so that I may be able to get a few minutes of quiet time and yoga in before I get ready. The DH has also requested morning chats before I leave. Just to let him in on what my day is going to be like. When I'm going to be home, what things I would like him to do, etc. I have a habit of leaving in the morning without telling him because I dont want to wake him up but he hates it when I do that. So we have decided to start doing these chats on the mornings that he works late or is off. I think it will be helpful as well.

I think I just nodded off while sitting on the couch typing this. Lol.

My hubby works until midnight M - F, and I work 8 a.m. to 4:30 M - F. We both agree we need our sleep, so I leave in the morning without waking hubby, and he comes to bed without waking me. We leave notes for each other on the kitchen island all the time. Fortunately, I have a 10 minute commute to work, so go home for my lunch hour and hubby is up and awake, so we can talk. Whatever works. :D
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,791 Member
    Options

Yesterday was an emotional day. I have been without a washer/dryer since we moved in Oct 2016. I finally had bought a stacking set used and we got it hooked up yesterday. It doesn't work, when I googled what the issue might be I got conflicting answers. I realized I really just wanted my Dad, he would know. Unfortunately, he passed in 2012. On the plus side, the bathroom is all back in order, I registered for swim lessons. Then my brother messaged me and my Mom, who went into a nursing home in December because of Alzheimers, told a nurse that my brother was "just a close friend of the family". I seriously sat down and cried. I am across the country and haven't seen my Mom since 2016. I realized she may not know me the next time I see her and how heartbreaking for my brother. I did get the laundry done, alone time at the laundromat is not a bad thing LOL, and I stayed on track for eating.

Oh I am so sorry :(
    I don’t even know what to say if I’m honest, I have no experience of Alzheimer’s or dementia and I couldn’t possibly even begin to imagine how it feels.
    But I’m glad you posted here on JFT. I’ve always said in journeys like MFP it’s more our every day lives that affect our eating and the choices we make and it’s important we help people through their personal problems to help them through their eating ones.
    Yet you stayed on track for eating! That’s amazing!

Pretty sure if it were me I would of gone through a whole pack of biscuits by now and that would just be the start!

We’re all here for you, like you were for me and we are for each other!

Thank you. I am so grateful I found this group. The encouragement and support of everyone is phenomenal! I hope you are having a good day!
  • Snowflake1968
    Options
    Inspired by a note I saw that said

ONE DAY
    OR
    DAY ONE?

just encapsulates the battle we go through each day. I comfort ate all weekend as stressing about 3 things I’ve not done for work all weekend. Rather than do them I’ve procrastinated and ate a lot of unhealthy stuff instead.

Now it’s late and I have choice of sleep or do the work. My own fault. It’s Monday tomorrow. Aaghhhhh

I am a procrastinator, it's an awful trait. I worked with a guy a couple of years ago that made this rule for himself that i adopted and it helped me. If he received a new task or request if it took less than 10 minutes to do, he would stop what he was doing and do it right then. He found that it made it so he didn't have a lot of little things piling up on him. It worked well for me too, when I actually did it. Just an idea, good luck!
  • missheidi
    missheidi Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    has anyone read the always hungry books? it seems to align with what i'm trying, but it's an expensive book.
  • Snowflake1968
    Options
    To snowflake1968 I know what dementia is like for a loved one. Living the agony of it each day as it takes my dad bit by little bit. It’s a heartbreaking disease. Anything else you’re ill but you’re still you. Dementia, in whatever form it is, takes the person from you and only a shell remains yet they are still with you . My dad lives with me now and we are on an uncertain journey into night. I cry and I know what you must feel. Let it out as it’s the only way. My dad would know what to do but now the person he is is barely able to speak coherently and walks unsteadily. But they are still with you. May we find a cure in the future to spare ourselves from this living death. 1 in 3 of us will have dementia...a sobering thought that spurs me to donate to research to find a cure. Xx

I'm sorry to hear about your Dad, it is truly awful. My Aunt just passed away two weeks ago she was 92 but has had Alzheimer's for that last 15 years. My cousin, her daughter, told me on the weekend that my Aunt knew her children the morning she passed. She said that it was a blessing because she hadn't known them off and over the last decade. This gave my some peace.

It's nice talking to people that know what you are going through. My husband was upset on Saturday when I was crying because he couldn't fix this and thought I was blaming him for moving 20 years ago. I finally said, I don't have regrets about moving, I don't want to move back. I just want to be sad and angry that my Mother may not know me when I see her next. The rest of the evening he spent trying to make me happy. He doesn't understand because he has been so blessed to still have his parents in good health. I think Alzheimer's makes you go through a grieving process long before the death.
  • toaljasa
    toaljasa Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    @Bex953172 I PM'd you.

Okay, I tried it again.

Still nothing lol? This is getting weird now! What are you going mfp!!

Okay, it said message sent and everything? And I'm clicking on your face so I don't think it's going to someone else. Hmmm...I'm probably doing something wrong. Okay. Bex, do you have a crockpot (also called a slow cooker) or an instant pot?

Lol I hate that you went through all that effort for me to say no :sweat_smile:
    Not an electric one. I have a pot with a lid that can go in the oven but it’s pretty small!

ha! no worries. When you get a minute try PM'ing me and see if we can connect that way:)
  • cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,506 Member
    Options
    To snowflake1968 I know what dementia is like for a loved one. Living the agony of it each day as it takes my dad bit by little bit. It’s a heartbreaking disease. Anything else you’re ill but you’re still you. Dementia, in whatever form it is, takes the person from you and only a shell remains yet they are still with you . My dad lives with me now and we are on an uncertain journey into night. I cry and I know what you must feel. Let it out as it’s the only way. My dad would know what to do but now the person he is is barely able to speak coherently and walks unsteadily. But they are still with you. May we find a cure in the future to spare ourselves from this living death. 1 in 3 of us will have dementia...a sobering thought that spurs me to donate to research to find a cure. Xx

I'm sorry to hear about your Dad, it is truly awful. My Aunt just passed away two weeks ago she was 92 but has had Alzheimer's for that last 15 years. My cousin, her daughter, told me on the weekend that my Aunt knew her children the morning she passed. She said that it was a blessing because she hadn't known them off and over the last decade. This gave my some peace.

It's nice talking to people that know what you are going through. My husband was upset on Saturday when I was crying because he couldn't fix this and thought I was blaming him for moving 20 years ago. I finally said, I don't have regrets about moving, I don't want to move back. I just want to be sad and angry that my Mother may not know me when I see her next. The rest of the evening he spent trying to make me happy. He doesn't understand because he has been so blessed to still have his parents in good health. I think Alzheimer's makes you go through a grieving process long before the death.

We were very blessed the week before my MIL passed, because she recognized everyone and was able to talk normally with us. Before that, she was so very often very confused, to the point of not knowing us, even her youngest son who she lived with. So yes, it does happen, and it was very comforting for us.

An older friend of mine lost her husband to A disease after years with it. She told me after he passed that people wondered why she didn't grieve. She explained that she did all her grieving while he was still alive. I think that is normal.
  • Snowflake1968
    Options
    JFT - Sunday March 25 - Weighed in, down 1.6lbs
    2L of water - :)
    Stay in the green - :/ Over by 102
    Write in journal - :( No, I got into a show and then it was late and I needed to get to bed
    30 minutes of activity - :) I'm taking this as a win as I took the grandchildren shopping with me. Battling the 2 year old to stay with me or sit in the cart and trying to push the 6 year old on the end of the cart was a workout! Plus I played and ran after them for a while all day!
    Get some groceries - :) Yes and my grandson chose subs for supper, but I had wraps instead!

JFT - Monday March 26
    2L of water
    Stay in the green
    Write in journal
    Do 10 something's every hour at work - walk, wall push ups, squats...
    Figure out some exercises at home for days I can't get to gym
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,092 Member
    Options
    Just gonna post some goals.
    Things seem to be falling into place a bit more and now baby is formula fed she basically feeds herself to sleep and that’s it for another 4 hrs!

So may have time to do stuff!
    Just realised my tv doesn’t have YouTube anymore which sucks. So not sure how I’m going to do my videos yet, I’m sure my partner will know a way to do it. As I wanted to attempt some light exercise. I say “light” I’m just gonna end up doing what I used to and see how far I get :sweat_smile:

So JFT: Monday
    - Drink 8 glasses of water (Challenge) *hides from @joan6630 * I forgot again :neutral:
    - Pick up meds .. oops! Gonna be a zombie tomorrow!
    - BUY NAPPIES (omg do not forget this, Marley is wearing her last one now so will have to go out eaaaarly to get her some for the morning!) yes! Just in time for poop too.. :astonished:
    - Log whatever food I can and remember, but atleast make a conscious effort. AHAHA “a conscious effort” .. who was I trying to kid?! Didn’t log a thing! :sweat_smile:
    - Have a look in my bullet journal again! .. not surrrre where I’ve put it!
    - Look up stretches for my upper back/shoulders. It aches so baaad, doing this now actually!

Okay so could of done better, really out of sync with this and haven’t really got the focus.
    I think I need to exercise first and then the rest will fall into place because after 9 months of sitting on my fat butt I’ve just got such anurge to burn some non existent energy :sweat_smile:

Although getting YouTube on my telly is looking like I’m going to have to buy something. Like a amazonstick, chrome cast or a wire to plug my phone directly in. *sigggggggh*
  • PreciousGems1
    PreciousGems1 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Reading about procrastination really hits a tender spot. I have been going to counseling since Dec 2016 [communication issues] and this week she dropped a bomb. The reason I get excited to start a project and then rarely, if ever, see it through to completion is because I probably have ADD. So, now I know; what do I do? Any others w/ this? Diagnosed late in life? Any experience, strength and hope for me...?
  • Snowflake1968
    Options
    Just gonna post some goals.
    Things seem to be falling into place a bit more and now baby is formula fed she basically feeds herself to sleep and that’s it for another 4 hrs!

So may have time to do stuff!
    Just realised my tv doesn’t have YouTube anymore which sucks. So not sure how I’m going to do my videos yet, I’m sure my partner will know a way to do it. As I wanted to attempt some light exercise. I say “light” I’m just gonna end up doing what I used to and see how far I get :sweat_smile:

So JFT: Monday
    - Drink 8 glasses of water (Challenge) *hides from @joan6630 * I forgot again :neutral:
    - Pick up meds .. oops! Gonna be a zombie tomorrow!
    - BUY NAPPIES (omg do not forget this, Marley is wearing her last one now so will have to go out eaaaarly to get her some for the morning!) yes! Just in time for poop too.. :astonished:
    - Log whatever food I can and remember, but atleast make a conscious effort. AHAHA “a conscious effort” .. who was I trying to kid?! Didn’t log a thing! :sweat_smile:
    - Have a look in my bullet journal again! .. not surrrre where I’ve put it!
    - Look up stretches for my upper back/shoulders. It aches so baaad, doing this now actually!

Okay so could of done better, really out of sync with this and haven’t really got the focus.
    I think I need to exercise first and then the rest will fall into place because after 9 months of sitting on my fat butt I’ve just got such anurge to burn some non existent energy :sweat_smile:

Although getting YouTube on my telly is looking like I’m going to have to buy something. Like a amazonstick, chrome cast or a wire to plug my phone directly in. *sigggggggh*

I'm not sure of what is wrong with your back and shoulders, but I suffered for 20 years with upper back and shoulder pain and when it finally got so bad I went to a physiotherapist i found out it was my posture. I wasn't holding my head properly over my shoulders, which caused all of the muscles to scream in agony. I had made it much worse when I started using cell phones and tablets by looking down a lot.
  • missheidi
    missheidi Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    Reading about procrastination really hits a tender spot. I have been going to counseling since Dec 2016 [communication issues] and this week she dropped a bomb. The reason I get excited to start a project and then rarely, if ever, see it through to completion is because I probably have ADD. So, now I know; what do I do? Any others w/ this? Diagnosed late in life? Any experience, strength and hope for me...?

welcome to my tribe, @PreciousGems1 . dx at 35, after my son was dx.
  • toaljasa
    toaljasa Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    Faebert wrote: »
    Yay I had a good Monday! All green ticks. Now to prepare myself for two days of hell (parents evening at my school). Long long days, three hours of non-stop talking at the end of the teaching day. Going to really need tonight’s early night!

JFT Monday:
    - exercise early ✅
    - 3ltr+ water ( @joan6630 I’m in!) ✅
    - Stay within calorie goal ✅
    - Phonics info pack for parent ✅
    - Check books for parents evening ✅
    - Take car key with me to work!! ✅
    - Leave on time to collect car from my parents’ place ✅

JFT Tuesday goals:
    - exercise before school
    - 3ltr+ water (challenge!!)
    - Stay within calorie goal
    - 12k steps
    - Pick up car at lunchtime
    - Stay ON TIME with appointments. Be firm and ask parents to book in to see me another time for more info
    - leave ON TIME to get to daughter’s dance show at 7.
    - Finalise their play date plans for Thursday or Friday
    - Early night

Hope everyone is doing well. If nothing else we are all well hydrated and gaining lots of steps to and from the bathroom, right?? :D

OOOH, the good side is that with all that talkin' you'll be drinkin'...water, that is! lots and lots of water!!!!
  • PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,351 Member
    Options
    missheidi wrote: »
    has anyone read the always hungry books? it seems to align with what i'm trying, but it's an expensive book.

I have not, but I might have to look it up and see if they have it at the library! The title could be my middle name...
    acrylicfox wrote: »
    Nice to be back, I missed JFT :smile:

Oh my goodness! Hi! We've missed you too!

@PreciousGems1 I have not been diagnosed, but I would bet my entire paycheck I have it. Both of my sons have it, as well as dyslexia. I have a terrible time keeping my focus. It's kind of frustrating because at my age I don't know that they would do anything but at the same time, I'm still working so I could really use the help! Good luck!

@Bex953172 You had a baby not even one month ago. If I were you I would consider it a success to even log in here and say hi once a day!!! Don't be so hard on yourself, hon! xoxox